be me, developer

> be me, developer
> tried developing apps/games for android, failed
> tried developing apps/games for iphones, failed
> tried developing service oriented site, failed

currently employed earning something like 70k a year

I've been a developer for 10 years or so but every software business I've tried has failed to return more money than the time I've invested in.

I'm scared to try any new ideas because I don't want to end up wasting any more time.

is anyone in the same boat ?

>developer for 10 years earning 70k
do you live in India? I'm making 55k my first year and I still feel like i'm getting scammed

>> tried developing apps/games for android, failed
>> tried developing apps/games for iphones, failed
These are both terribly oversaturated markets, it's not strange that you didn't turn a profit.
>> tried developing service oriented site, failed
Hard to say how bad this is without knowing more details.

60k is about average for first time developers in the US

you are an idiot.. today software developers are yesterday peasants working land with tools.

>developing apps/games for android/iphones
Bad idea.
Those places are so full of shit apps/games its frustrating to even to browse.

You should follow your dreams AFTER you become a millionaire.

I started at 58k out of college and am around 70k base salary with nice benefits 5 years later. It might seem low, but in a low COL area (e.g. not coasts or big cities) it's still plenty of money. idk about OP's situation though.

dude.. a driver can make that money too, with out all stress involved

i am telling you this because i am in the same boat and i dont want to continue

US

You are right guys, I had to learn the hard way. Making good money in the app stores is like winning the lottery.

What am I supposed to do with my knowledge ? start another scam shitcoin ?

no idea mate

starting a coin ? no way, there are already to many already and all of them will lose the value. peoples don't understand that yet, but they will realize soon

that's something I've had in mind for a while, some people easily do that kind of money in other fields like construction or any other business and they don't have to study every little shitty language or framework that gets released every 6 months.

Yes I’ve failed. If you think about it, most will fail. What’s a conservative percent you say will continuously fail? 90?

So the probability of failure was more likely. Anyways, the more you do the less you give a shit. Then you just become indifferent to it all. Yeah.

I donno man. Keep trying and all that bullshit.

very little job stress, and I hate driving and sit too much as it is. at least in an office I can get up and take a short walk now and then. I also rarely work more than 40 hours a week and can retreat to luxuries at home after the 8 hours on the job.

>know some programming but only ever used it for my own convenience, curiosity and pleasure
>tired with current career path, decide to finally chase programming seriously
>see this thread
I don't know what I'm gonna do if people with 10 years of experience are crying about things here tbqh

maybe that's your dream job mate, but you should be aware of current situation

most it jobs get's externalized, lot's of companies prefer to pay employees from Asia for less that 100 or 1000 per month, to do same thing

get a job in a non-IT corporation. they're still using old shit and do framework changes every 5-10 years instead of twice a year.

the downside is that you don't get to use cutting edge tech so much unless it's easy to implement without affecting your core production systems. the upside is that you don't have to keep up with hipster tech bullshit constantly and can coast from 9-5 with comfy stuff you're used to.

yup. my employer is doing the same, but not for my job yet. by the time it happens, I'll be retired at the rate they're doing it because offshore workers inspire very little confidence among the current management.

dunno about your needs, but 10-15 years making 2x+ the average wage should be enough for me. if I'm still working after 40, I'll have fucked up or must really love the office life.

i hope you get fired

OP I make almost twice what you make and I'm still in college. And I'm in a low COL area. Sucks to sucks.

quit shitposting from work and do you damn job pajeet

You should of done an ICO during the hype. Even if you fail you make 5 million

yeah I guess I'll keep trying I dont know if I should still try with software though.

you can earn a decent life as a developer, its hard to become wealthy with it though. After you've tried dozens of times you wonder if its worth it.

I want to become wealthy I'm not looking for comfy jobs.

You probably live with your parents

I'm not a scammer

Depends on your CoL. It is average for a new grad in rural areas or even outside of tech hubs.

Those are all WAY over saturated areas... Solve a real problem or fill a niche, solve a problem in a language or domain that isn't easily doable by pajeets