Why is Late antiquity such an interesting period?

Why is Late antiquity such an interesting period?

Other urls found in this thread:

theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annales_Fuldenses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It really makes me butthurt that this greek larpy-roman faggot justinian destroyed the most of Nordic-ruled states in the Mediterrenean.

See how France, an originally Nordic-created kingdom was historically so much powerful? Imagine if this larpying faggot didn't destroy Ostrogothic and Vandalic kingdoms...

Nordic are a group of germanic people, you mean germanics

>criticizing Justinian
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

t. butthurt barbarian who needs romans to administer his realm

These Germanics were of the Nordic race, unlike middle-eastern pseudo-roman faggots who after destroying their kingdoms achieved ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And later got BTFO by first arabic desert dwellers, then group of merchants and virgins, and at the end FUCKING TURKS.

>greek larpers
>roman

Slav subhuman, Vandals were subhuman savages, glad They were genocided

>t.

>the eastern ROMAN empire was not roman
Here we go again...

So I guess that If I give myself a name "Roman Emperor", then I will become a legit Latin Roman?

Current emperor is already on throne.

No, but if Diocletian gives you the title then yes :^)

>No, but if Diocletian gives you the title then yes :^)
Even a title doesn't make a darky medish greek a Roman descendant.

>an originally Nordic-created kingdom
You subhuman blonducks were nothing but our sex-slaves

France was created by Germanic Franks of the Nordic race :)

Now go and cry, darky trojan-larping subhuman.

Are you fucking dense?
The division happened because the emperor knew that the empire was way too big to administer it on his own. They both considered themselves Roman and never 2 separate entities.

laughing-at-the-blondcuck.jpg

>Justinian
>Greek

He was from Croatia, and was the last emperor to speak Latin as his native language

>They both considered themselves Roman and never 2 separate entities.
And I "consider" myself as Roman as well. Does it make me Roman?

A lot of roman emperors weren't even from Italy, you braindead muh genetics faggot.

You are right... and it means that greeks were awful when they were not ruled by a foreigner...

Which one of them had not even a drop of Italic blood then?

>nordic race

Can't you google things for yourself? geneticsfag?

So you don't know.
The most of /pol/ is actually swarthy mediterrenean, as proven by various meetings.

most up til caracalla were at least half italian. a few here and there during the crisis were italian, and most of the last emperors were definitely italian as well including majorian

>Nordic-ruled states in the Mediterrenean.
Nice fanfic

>what was Ostrogothic Kingdom
>what was Vandalic kingdom
>what was Visigothic kingdom

What are you trying to accomplish from this discussion? That the Roman Empire was an ethnostate? That you had to be Roman in order to be Emperor?
/pol/fags truly are ridiculous.

The Ancient Greeks and Romans that created a western civilization were swarthy meds so that's not an insult.

That gr**ks were pathetic swarthy LARPers who got btfo by Arabs, Venetian Merchants and Turks.

>ancient Romans
>meds
theapricity.com/earlson/history/emperors.htm
Also the original Hellenic and Italic people were Nordic, just like all Indo-European volks.

>Nordic
Germanic. Fuck off, Sven

Cultures change and assimilate as time passes, same thing happened to the Roman empire since it remained with only Greece and Anatolia for a long time.
The rest of you post isn't even worth discussion, you're just simplifying history for the sake of shitposting.

Nordic is a name of a race. Germanic is an ethnolinguistic group.

In this context, I am talking about the Nordic race. Cold-eyed, wheat-haired, tall and progressive civilization-creators.

Frenchmen and some snowniggers. Nothing of any actual worth.

You are worse than ikibey

>Cultures change and assimilate as time passes
This is why many "greeks" were swarthy monkeys. The Nordics who conquered what we now call Greece had to be a very small group, yet, THEY SUCEEDED TO CONQUER AND ASSIMILATE A LARGE GROUP OF NATIVE POPULATION! (also referred to as pelasgians).

Romans were much more Nordic though.

>Nordic is a name of a race
Die right now

Sorry but genetics show that Greeks were dark haired as far back as Minoan times as well as genetic continuity to modern times. As far as blonde emperors, blonde hair was a minority but prized trait though it was more common in North Italians just as today. Hair dyeing to blonde was very common; especially amongst the elite.

How do we convince mods to ban the /pol/tard?

All of these Germanic groups were racially Nordic, at least predominantly.

>a /pol/tard on retard mode
Surprised to see you venture in the unknown, outside your safe space full of bullshit.
If you haven't noticed, the "discussion" (or whatever you were trying to do) is over.

I've already said, that the Nordic invaders were very small minority.

In fact: NONE OF THIS SAMPLE HAS R1 HAPLOGROUP, WHICH MEANS THAT THESE PATHETIC MEDSHITS TRYING TO PROVE SOME BULLSHIT JUST COMPARED P*LASGIANS... TO PREVIOUS P*LASGIANS...

>/pol/
>Nordicist
They are shilling for "HAHAHAHA SWEDEN YES LE NORDIC KEKZ :-----D", and "HAHAHAHA SNOWNIGGAZ BTFO" from what I know.

He's been here for a while now, don't tell me you haven't noticed all the "X was nordic", "Was X nordic", "the X were nordic pale blonde...." threads. I dont get why he isnt permabanned along with that Törkposter. The state of Veeky Forums

Thats because sweden is in africa you fucking retard

>HAHAHAHA SNOWNIGGAZ BTFO
Well, you know what they say about a broken clock

>Nordicist
Unironically ask your parents why they chose to raise you

Kys

>t.

No. Nordics are of the Germanic race. If you're gonna use academic terminology, learn to use it right.

Here is how thing happened in the Kingdom of the French

We standed at the top, while every people were our slaves, Germanic were treated like non-humans (see Verden).
Quales numquam antea in gente Francorum visi fuissent, in pulchritudine videlicet ac proceritate corporum.

In that battle such men are said to have been killed among the Northmen as HAD NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE AMONG THE FRANKISH RACE , namely in their FAIR FEATURES the size of their bodies

Annals of Fulda, Year 884

How do you feel about all those ancient Roman Nordic elites starring on BLACKED.com?

Why so butthurt, my swarthy friend?
Nordic is a name for a phenotype of light-pigmented tall and longskulled people. Just a name.

I can call it the "Aryan race" if it hurts your eyes too much.

The Greeks of the Classical era were swarthy meds. All of those Greek philosophers and thinkers were swarthy meds.

The Nordics are the first germanic people you dunce. We immigrated to the central european shore around 200 BC and split off from there.

>aryan race
POO IN LOO

Karl der Grosse was Germanic.
They were also cucks who spoke in Nordic-created Indo-European language, their culture was heavily aryanized as well.
Yeah, I'll stay with the "Nordic race".

The evolution from the Roman Empire to the Eastern Roman Empire was far more organic and fluid than your sub-par education would have you believe, you underdeveloped cretin.

Word "Nordic" has a couple of meaning. In this context I mean "Nordic" as a name of how did these people looked like.

And you are right, all Germanics came from Scandinavia, not gonna argue with that.

>The de-evolution from the Roman Empire to the larpy-roman empire of the greeks.
Fixed.

we like
>heraclians
>macedonians
>komnenoi
we do not like
>justinian
>isaurians
>palaiologoi

Anybody have that meme where OP asks a question only for the thread to explode when someone mentions snowniggers and the op can just look on in horror? That is this thread.

Is that an actual report from back then? The saxons and franks where both germanic people, just with different religions. That was one of the main points of that relentless slaughter. The father of europe was a german king. The french came into being after the end the frankish empire as enough mixing with the local populace occured. Your first actual kings where the Capetians, who where french, though descended from good old Charly through I think the male line? Hugo Capets grandfather was a descendant of one of the Carolingian kings I think.

>The Nordics are the first germanic people you dunce.
Not how it works. Back when the Germanic tribes were just inhabiting southern Scandinavia they were just Germanics, or whatever their name for themselves actually were. Nordic was a branch that developed from North-Germanic, which might or might not have been the only northern branch. (Academia tends to show it as the only one, but there's linguistic evidence that points towards the Elfdalian language having split from the other Germanic languages before Norse became its own thing.)

To put it simply enough for your stupid brain to comprehend: Nordic and Norse culture are just as removed from the original Germanic culture and language as any other Germanic language or culture as therefore has no greater claim to legitimacy as the "true heir to Germanic culture and language."

>Nordic race
POO IN LOO

I tended to mean it as in north germanic. That´s what I know the term "nordic" as. And sorry, but isn´t elfdalian something from Sweden? Wasn´t aware that they split off that early.

So if the non-pseudo Romans were so great, why did they lose the east to a bunch of pseudo-Romans?

>Is that an actual report from back then?
It is from the Annals of Fulda written by Einhard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annales_Fuldenses

>The father of europe was a german king

*laugh*

You blondcucks are delusional, we did rule over Germany but this doesn't make us "Germans"

>Your first actual kings where the Capetians
Nope

Our first king was Ambigatos, Clovis was our first Salian Gaulish king*

fixed

I´ll look the annals up. Ought to be an interesting read.

And okay, maybe german wasn´t the right word for it, allthough Karl is seen as the forefather of both nations. He was a king of the germanic tribe of the franks, just like Clovis. Yes, he was one of your kings. He was a frankish one, the french kings came later, AFTER Francia fell.

And Ambigatos was a celt from 600 BC, that apparently colonized cisalpine gaul, I don´t want to dispute your claim on him, but isn´t claiming an celtic king from antiquity kinda farfetched? I might be a bit to focused on the genetic and/or cultural part like an poster before me.

>that apparently colonized cisalpine gaul
Bellovesos colonized Northern Italy, Ambigatos ruled Gaul

>allthough Karl is seen as the forefather of both nations
Only according to Post WW2 German historiography

>He was a frankish one, the french kings came later
French(Modern English) and Frankish(Middle English) are English words designating the same people

> I might be a bit to focused on the genetic and/or cultural part like an poster before me.
Haplogroup-wise Franks were mainly J2, R1b, and G
Autosomally "Franks" cluster with (Western) French

>isn´t elfdalian something from Sweden?
The Swedish government claims it's a dialect of Swedish, but the EU and UN says it's a separate language that Sweden needs to take steps to preserve (which is probably the main reason Sweden doesn't want to recognize it as a minority language).

Normally Elfdalian is shown alongside Danish, Swedish and Gutnish as daughters of the Eastern Norse branch or Norse languages. But when comparing the word for water, for example, the Elfdalian form had retained the initial w which already by the time of Old Norse had turned into v, indicating that the split might have happened much earlier.

So you admit it. The swarthy meds like Plato produced more than Nords ever did. Your claim to fake is literally in in prehistory/early history.

*claim to fame

Can I be Nordic if pale brown hair green eye father and sister blue can I join

do you have an inexplicable urge to tear down civilisation and run around in the forest chucking spears and drinking reindeer piss?

Don't forget that Dominigger. Mod should ban all of them

>waaah, your opinion hurt my feelings so you must be banned waaah

eat it up, cupcake