en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinča_culture

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamzigrad
youtube.com/watch?v=KYtJ-9BMQh8
youtube.com/watch?v=vpv5Y___8tM
youtube.com/watch?v=AQJGE3MCQw4
youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3jigEL8jM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Did you know that 17 Roman Emperors were born in Serbia?

Their oldest church dates back to 800 A.D.

An example of Serbo-Byzantine architecture.

Some art.

Medieval.

Not medieval (obviously)

Traditional Serbian house. (Not sure what socio-economic status it's for)

A rendition of an allegedly middle-upper class house.

The Proclamation of Dušan's Law Codex.

Another one

Said codex. It's a set of legal systems created by Stefan Uroš IV Dušan and is considered an early form of constitution.

Some other architecture.
Anybody here?
'

Looks pretty comfy actually.

A statue of Dusan. It was vandalized by Albanians for some reason about half a decade ago but it's still in mint condition.

It really does.

14th century Serbian knight.

Weaponry from the 9th century.

Some other medieval weapons

Medieval sword. Looks like it's all rusted.

Helmet. The horns are cool.

Soldiers.

What the soldiers look like pre-medieval times.

The Principality of Serbia. The first Serbian dynasty in existence.

Serbian Empire. Although seemingly tiny and meme tier now it was one of the greater powers in Europe back then when the Balkans was still relevant.

What’s their relationship with Bulgaria?

Rip. Atleast both had a good run before the Balkans got swarmed.

>both tributaries under the byzantines
>eventually bulgaria grows and starts dominating the byzantines
>have a lot of wars with serbia with it usually tipping in the bulgarians favor and ends up weakening the Serbian kingdom
>Serbia becomes vassal to the Hungarians for a while while fighting against the Bulgarian Empire
>things start to change late 13th century when Serbia starts to take parts of Bulgaria (while now independent)
>keeps growing
>finally gets real gud mid-14th century and manages to overpower the collective forces of both the Bulgarians and Byzantines
>reins supreme for another few decades before the ottomans show up

After that it's complicated.

Yeah. Balkan history is sad and fascinating and Serbia is the poster child of it. Most people know nothing about it (barring Balkan wars) so they meme the only thing they do know about like le epic kebap removers or they go the complete opposite end and just end up pretending it doesn't exist/matter.

It's hard not to blame them tho. With giants like the Ottomans or Austria-Hungarians it's easy to slip into the cracks forgotten.

Also I deleted my post because I forgot to post my pic :D

>Dusan manages to forge an empire or some shit, makes some law codex, captures a bunch of Greek fortresses (and makes them bring in Ottomans to Europe)
>Dies
>Uros becomes his successor, the empire collapses, the Turks BTFO Serbian army
>Dies and becomes a saint 200 years later
>Serbia proceeds to be Ottoman bitch from centuries now on

Not memeing, but why should anyone (Serbs included) care about them? Serbian Empire was shortlived and their actions indirectly doomed the Balkans forever.

>Why should you care about your own history?

Gee, I wonder.

Illyrian which more closely corresponds with Croatia and Slovenia.

Not that Croats, Serbs, or Slovaks existed then anyhow.

Fun fact: Serbia also led to the destruction of the West by intentionally triggering Hapsburg and German hyper autism.

Unironically I have no idea, in my own country (Poland) we waste a lot of time learning about incompetent morons in 19th century doing stupid shit because muh freedumbz lmao before getting blown the fuck out. I just can't understand the pride Slavs in general take in absolute failures, Dusan literally destroyed Europe, and yet your people (I used to spend some time with Yugo wars refugees) take great pride in him.

>and makes them bring in Ottomans to Europe)
The Ottomans were going to invade anyway, Dusan non-withstanding. And desu hindsight is usually 20/20.

> Serbian Empire was shortlived
It's their golden age. And imo it's a nostalgic reminder of what could have been if there were no Turkish invasions.

>ruins the west
>begins today
How? wew

People like Skanderberg and Vlad are one of a kind desu.

iirc, Serbia has a strong history of Good times, but the problem with that is the weak men that come out of it, Good architecture though.

>iirc, Serbia has a strong history of Good time
>this meme again

Don't reply to strong men posters

Is this a site in Kalemegdan (Singidunum)?

that axe blade on the left seems goofy long.

That's from Macedonia, right? Man, that city is a circus.

It carries the medieval tradition of everyone having the same goddamn face with a blank expression

It's Gamzigrad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamzigrad

Serbian medieval music

youtube.com/watch?v=KYtJ-9BMQh8

youtube.com/watch?v=vpv5Y___8tM

youtube.com/watch?v=AQJGE3MCQw4

youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3jigEL8jM
The empire began disentegrating before the Ottomans came. By 1389 there was absolutely no central power, if you exclude Lazar who was literally just a feudal warlord like the others but somehow ended being celebrated as a legendary hero. Short-sighted feudal lords are to blame for everything. While in the West previously heavily feudalized states like France kept centralizing, on the Balkans it was complete opposite. The reason why Marica didn't come out as Serbian Poitiers like it was supposed to is because Vukasin and Ugljesa were hate by the other lords and they all refused to join them in their campaign.

The Despotate is a shining example of Serbian endurance and wilingness to survive, but it couldn't last forever. It was destined to be a battlefield between Hungary and Ottomans.

You a Serb m8?

pretty neat, OP. I like it

That is astounding

I hate that there are no flags on this board anymore. It doesn't take me much to guess where you are from, OP.

He can't actually be from Serbia. We all either hate ourselves or are frothing rabid nationalists, and neither side give much shit about medieval Serbian architecture.

>your own history?
no such thing

>Serbia
>A gem

lmao I've never seen a country so fucking butthurt that they waged war against the sane countries who split.

I like you actually. Serbia is my second favourite neighbour after Hungary.

t. Romanian

That picture is called "The crowning of Dušan". Even the filename of the picture you posted says that.

>let's talk about serbia
>talks about pre-slavic migration balkan
10/10 OP

>Illyrian which more closely corresponds with Croatia and Slovenia
>and Slovenia
u wot m8

Anyway, illyrian meant "south slavic" after the slavic migrations to the Balkans, not much to do with Illyrians or the Roman province of Illyria aside from being in roughly the same geographic area.

Well its almost as if slavs migrated to the balkans around the 6th century AD.

Where did they migrate from?

Can we all agree that Albania is Serbia?

No.

i bet serbia had some sort of long lost drug

That looks like a ship

Albania*

Literally Olgierd Von Everec