What went wrong?

>Greatest military budget in world history
>Largest economy in the world
>Loses to a bunch of illiterate desert villages with 50 year old aks

What the fuck America?

Other urls found in this thread:

aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2016/08/afghanistan-controls-160823083528213.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarposa_prison_attack_of_2008
youtube.com/watch?v=v5cBkhYBVt8
thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/07/30/gunsmithing-in-pakistan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How exactly have we lost?

We deposed of the Taliban government in Afghanistan

Consistently push terrorists groups into hiding.

Iraq and Afghanistan are now democratic.

>We deposed of the Taliban goverment in Afganistan

After 15 years of fighting the tailban still has over 40% controll in Afganistan. Hell just this year they gained 5% more fucking land. 15 goddamn years and trillions of dollars later half the fucking country is still under Taliban controll

aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2016/08/afghanistan-controls-160823083528213.html

25 year rule

Also the main reason is because winning the war was easy, keeping the peace is the hard part.

And how much is that to do with America and how much is to do with the Afghan government, police and army being utterly incompetent and/or corrupt.

Lots of it.

>be America
>fight a war in a foreign nation for one reason or another
>goes pretty well, setting up a democratic interim government, restoring stability
>original government we fought against are losing ground fast, almost defeated
>antiwar left chimps out at the thought of brown people dying in battle, starts screeching incessantly
>the general public starts to fall for their autism
>politicians want to keep their jobs, start winding down involvement
>fewer soldiers stationed there means that the enemy starts gaining ground again
>antiwar left uses this to claim that the entire thing was a failure and we never should've gone in the first place
>the general public eats this shit up
>we pull out, country collapses immediately afterward
>meanwhile, a bunch of faggots on a Chinese cartoon board go "lol, ameriKKKa lost a war to sand niggerz, so st00pid n fAt"

Now this is revisionism

Why don't you go ask the Soviets?

>Abloobloo, we wuz winning all da wars.

I'm sure you will be able to list the military defeats that caused US withdrawal from Afghanistan?

>USA intervenes in foreign country
>foreign country is worse off than it was before
every time

This. Every single time.

Its not like the US invaded Afghanistan because they wanted to make it a better place. They wanted to fuck up Osama and the Taliban.

Japan and South Korea tho

But Japan attacked the US?

Counter terrorism is a fools errand when most of the population actively supports them or tacitly allows them to operate and hide among them.

You want to defeat the Taliban? Kill every human in the areas they operate, every last one.

Punishment of God unironically. Nations invade Afghanistan when God wants to humble them.

>British empire
>Soviet Russia
>America

Aw cry me a river. I'm sorry that the general public doesn't support an endless war while propping up an inept Afghan government that is more perceived to be corrupt compared to the Taliban.
>Antiwar=chimping out
That's funny because I never really saw a big "chimpout" under Obama and he escalated that war during his first term as president. But we'll take someone like you and stay in Afghanistan forever. I'm sure by 2099 we'll defeat the Taliban.

It never happened, use logic for once in your retarded rural/suburban life and realize that you can't resist the American government with your little ak-47.

Man all of you damn millennials putting down America and my president. Don't any of you libtards realize that we need to kill them over there so they don't get us there? I bet ya'll just love the Taliban and Islam and celebrate 9/11 because you hate America so much. Go live in Iran or Russia if you love Islam and hate America so much. We'll stay in Afghanistan even if it takes 100 years to beat the Taliban. Now go cry in your college safespace and support our troops you damn vermins.

How about all the times Afghanistan was succesfully invaded?

The "graveyard of empires" thing was literally made up as an excuse by the British.

>I never really saw a big "chimpout" under Obama and he escalated that war during his first term as presiden

I don't disagree with you but this is clearly because the leftist media don't wanna get made at Obama cuz that'd be racist

I'll be pretty infuriated if the same talking heads(don't want this to turn into a /pol/tier discussion here but I digress) who barely criticized Obama on the war in Afghanistan now suddenly decides to start to oppose Afghanistan because of Trump.

They genuinely oppose something with Trump's name on it, even if was actually a proposal from a candidate they claim to like and you just lied to them.

thought you were talking about soviet russia lol

You're talking about the USSR? Americans won in Afghanistan.

That fucker 2nd from the left is the living proof Russians have more Uralic than Slavic blood.

Its pretty obvious America is currently going through some good times which is creating some weak men

its not like you are supposed to fix it when you spend bilions of dollars a year for fighting a war there

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarposa_prison_attack_of_2008

But Obama was criticized for his policies in Iraq and Afghanistan. Both for putting more troops on and for not taking them out like he ran on.

>>goes pretty well, setting up a democratic interim government, restoring stability
Lmao. You think a total puppet government is strong? The moment America pulls out the puppet government falls flat because the people see them as traitors.

I fucking love this meme

This is funny.

Because the challenges of conquering in today's world is vastly different then it was before
Because america forgot about what it learnt in the past

Think about the objectives in Afghanistan for example:
>> Destroy the Taliban
Cool, except #1 the Taliban has great logistical and economic support via the globalized blackmarket (drugs/guns) as well as foreign actors that may support them (nations, groups, career insurgents like the Chechen)

So now you have an enemy that's well supplied, also they have no shortage of labor since they can recruit the local population very well. (The nature of war now also makes this easier as you no longer have to be trained on a gun)

>> Here ahmed just dig a hole and place this device in it and we won't have any problems

America has also forgotten it's past lessons on asymmetric warfare. There's so much material about this that it's better you read about it from people who know their shit but duffice to say, the doctrine now is to train locals to police their own people but if you think about it, the idea you have to recruit the local population to fight itself to win a war is pretty novel in history.

Seriously why are you leftist fags and millennials keep attacking America and undermining the mission in Afghanistan? Why do you hate America but love Islam so much? Do you want the Taliban to take over and take away our freedoms and attack America again like they did on 9/11?
Serious why do you leftists and millennials attack America and hate the troops? You should be support the military's mission to defend freedom and democracy.

>and attack America again like they did on 9/11?
Thought it was an inside job?

He's right, you know. Those "Radical Islamist Terrorists"? They want sharia law. What religion do the terrorists subscribe to? Islam. What religion do the rest of the people in the area subscribe to? Islam. How many people are literate in the area? Eight percent. What do a majority of the people in the country want? Sharia law. Oh look, we spent over a trillion dollars on fucking your country up and you're a democracy now. Now you can hold a vote for what kind of law and government you'll have! ...And it's sharia law.
youtube.com/watch?v=v5cBkhYBVt8

>Loses

lol

But the Taliban didn't do 9/11, they just provided asylum to the Saudis who did plan it

Do you libtards think I am a truther cuck? No! I am an American patriot that will do whatever it takes to defeat Islam and the Taliban. I don't want to here anymore of this defeatist attitude among you damn millennial snowflakes. Its time we start drafting you millennials into the army so you can fight for our freedom and for this country. I just got to warn you though, the army doesn't have playdoh or safety pins for you.

Completely ignorant of the fact that we engineer arm and train our "enemies" then make money and legal motions to perpetually continue the cycle.

Call me when you invade Saudi Arabia

Thanks for your input retard.

I'd rather we invest in nuclear power, devalue oil, and then suck their land dry in exchange for popping up their country with overpriced military hardware to prevent an Iranian invasion.

Yeah! It worked for the USS- oh wait, they lost the good will of the entire world for being savages and lost the war anyway

So what you really want to do is support the same strand of Islam that btfo your gay towers?

Its not called the graveyard of empires for nothing. Geographically its a pain in the ass and thats why illiterate goat fuckers and heroin farmers can fight off infinitely better funded and equipped armies

>Invade a country because they were hosting terrorists.
>Decide that it'll be a good idea to try to give the Afghans what they didn't want.
>Ultimately wasting resources and human lives on what is essentially an attempt to draw blood out of a turnip.
>"Why aren't you supporting our veterans?"
I think that the veterans would like to fight for an objective, not for a fool's errand.

>Decide that it'll be a good idea to try to give the Afghans what they didn't want.
And you know what Afghanis want? How? Because a minority of them is resisting with arms? Do all the young women that got access to education for the first time in their lives actually don't "want" it or are you projecting the wishes of the minority on the majority in order to have an argument?

Secondly, veterans are soldiers, not politicians and decision makes, it's do or die not ask why. They are there because they were sent there risking life and limb for political goals given to them by the politicians elected by the american people. If you want to shit on anyone, shit on the american people, not the soldiers carrying out their will like good soldiers ought to, thousands to the death.

tl;dr go fuck yourself

Lets rememeber, not only illiterate desert villages with 50 year old aks, but desert villages with ak-47 made by literal blacksmiths in pakistan

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/07/30/gunsmithing-in-pakistan/

>No Current events
Why is this rule so hard to understand?

Fighting a war is easier than fixing a nation. Easier to kill people than change them.

>we won the war even though the enemy keeps fighting and our people keep dying...
>guys.. we won.. I swear.. it was e..easy..

You can't fight the government with your pathetic little baby killer rifles you fucking inbred redneck retards, it never happened.

No, it's proof that Russia is a a massive country with a diverse population

>diverse
>bunch of white people
Lmao

You gotta step up your bait game my ninja

do so many Americans live empty pointless lives and that's why they WE WUZ about wars they lost? Is their brainlet nationalist pride really all they have?

>in b4 a hundred inbred tards who have paid 60 cents of tax in their life try to play 'muh country' card

>we

The American right actually believes this. Holy shit the burger "education" meme is real.

It's almost as if modern war is about more than winning battles and campaigns.

>After 15 years of fighting the tailban still has over 40% controll in Afganistan
>aljazeera.com/indepth/interactive/2016/08/afghanistan-controls-160823083528213.html

Your own source doesn't back your claim. It says the government controls 65.6% of Afghanistan. Of the remaining 34.4% it has a map that suggests about half is "contested" i.e not under the control of either side. In other words your own source says the Taliban control less than 20% of Afghanistan.

Not only that it says that the areas the Taliban do control are the less densely populated rural areas.

The U.S. is still able to fully pursue its strategic objectives in the Middle East.
Nation building was a failure, but that was really a secondary objective.
Our foreign policy in the Middle East has been too costly at times, but saying that it has ever been a failure is quite a stretch.

Assymetrical warfare is a bitch.

They live in caves and squat in ruined cities like roaches; we live in opulent metropolises or comfy rural outback. You tell me who's winning, genius.

Well excuse us for not carpet bombing the region.

>tfw you will never napalm strike dirty gooks in your B-52