What are some good examples of pop historians?

What are some good examples of pop historians?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oj9dA6E3fJw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any that have books in high street bookshops or appear on TV documentaries.

Ron Chernow
David McCullough

I love his Monarchy series.
Anglos are too good at promoting their history.

Howard Zinn
Antony Beevor
Shelby Foote
Ken Burns
Stephen Ambrose
Max Hastings
Mary Beard

Barbara Tuchman

Jared Diamond

Max Hastings is a top choice.

Here he is wrecking a condescending little shit:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oj9dA6E3fJw

>Laurie Penny
Has anyone else inadvertently caused so much general merriment?

This. Plus Adrian Goldsworthy

>Shelby Foote
Are you kidding? How in the world can you take the preeminent author on the American Civil War (trilogy lasting some 2,700 pages) and describe him as a "pop historian"? He couldn't be less of one. If you disagree, name me a better series on the Civil War than the one he wrote.

Do I even need to put him in here

>long length = good history

He was a novelist before he tried his hand at history. Just because something is "pop history" doesn't mean it can't be good, it just means it's pop history.

"Hey let me compare a typical Mosque with Cologne Cathedral and use that one cathedral as example how stupid, lazy, and slow Europeans were at architecture compared to the glorious god-like Muslims"

>name me a better series

But that's the point. What person with a pop history level interest would bother reading such a massive, in-depth trilogy as Foote's. Pop historians keep their works short and surface level for their audience, as the latter would lose interest after more than a few hundred pages. And just because he used to be a novelist doesn't mean that he can't become a legitimate historian.

The highlight of that is not him BTFOING THE FEMINIST XDDDD PRAISE KEK but telling the brainlet that British and English aren't interchangeable

Why do normalfags read massive in-depth trilogys like Lord of the Rings?

H.W. Brands

Kill yourself.

Correct.

Literally not historians

Outta my way anti-imperialist fucking shits

Reza Aslan

He's a geographer.

Never fails to piss me off the he wasn't able to finish his point about that

Any thread on Veeky Forums

They don't you fucking faggot, they speed read on Sparknotes or watch Youtube videos summarizing them, and watch the movies in between Instagramming it to all their vapid followers.

If you ask a normie how they feel about the death of Denethor they won't be able to say shit. Most of them don't even know the real names of the superheroes they wear on their shirts.

Fucking try again, faggot

daniel jackson from stargate is not a real human beiing yet a pop historian you turd

Based John Green BTFO of filthy wh*Toid subhumans.

hes actually a fucking ornithologist

Tom Holland is pretty good for Rome and the Anglo-Saxons. Heard good things about his Persia and The Rise of Islam books too.

His Rubicon book I'm currently reading is right on the money with things about Rome I studied in highschool