Long term is Ethereum a better hold than Bitcoin?

Long term is Ethereum a better hold than Bitcoin?

Other urls found in this thread:

poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth
medium.com/@richardheartauthor/9-reasons-you-should-be-worried-about-ethereum-right-now-353c4ca0064a
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Probably
When it breaks out of previous all time highs and goes to $1000 people wont be suprised

Yes

Lol no. Not until they prove they can do anything that they say they can. Why have all the main developers sold all their ether?

No, Bitcoin is and always will be the king of crypto.

I've actually had a personal convo with Vitalik about this at Disrupt SF.

He blatantly told me that he never intended for Ethereum to be like Bitcoin (a currency) for people to hold in the hopes of becoming rich. He doesn't care about the trading aspect of Ethereum. He's only into the blockchain technology he's help developed and could careless if you guys lost your money or not. He doesn't even have 100k to his name.

Yes, I'm literally shocked every single day that Ether isn't a 4 digit token.

Depends on if you believe they can successfully implement proof of stake. Casper is supposed to be coming q2 2018, so if you plan to buy you should expect to hold until at last then for any significant positive price catalysts.

Are you seriously this fucking retarded?

ETH has always been designed to be a fucking currency.

People spreading bullshit like this need to die.

It has ALWAYS been a currency

>he doesn't have 100k to his name
Neither do most people who funnel their profits and expenses through nonprofit corporations.

You do realize he is the founder and has controlling interest in the ethereum foundation, correct? What is the ethereum foundation preparing to do? Sell hundreds of thousands of dollars in ethereum assets? And who is in control of where those assets go and how they're managed? (Hint; he's been tweeting about it for the past few days)

Fucking retard I swear. You don't need to personally own assets to spend them.

no because they tied ot to bitcoin, ethereum isnt actually needed for smart contracts and decentralized money payments

Fuck no are u retarded

You should hold Fiat.

it doesn't work if there's no money in it

>is a scamcoin better than bitcoin

really OP? read before new fagging

If you look through the github issues list, you can find threads where people ask for basic things like a transaction history page, and eth developers reply saying that users should use bitcoin instead if they want regular wallet/currency functionality like that as it's not in the roadmap for eth.

I think VB does this in part to protect himself.

also he is vey young, and alot of kids at 23 are a little more idealist and think they dont care that much about money - mostly outsider types

Bitcoin has a hard supply cap (21 million) and preset minting schedule, making it deflationary. Ethereum does not have a hard supply cap and they don't have hard defined plans about the future minting schedule.

Bitcoin's guaranteed deflationary nature / constrained supply is a factor that pushes its price to increase over time.

Don't listen to these liars OP. 95% of everyone here is holding Eth.

Hold a pile of both. There's a lot of people who skimp on holding bitcoin just because they think it's old news, but it's a strong hedge against the risk of other cryptocurrencies dying out and it has a strong deflationary nature.

Tbh I'm not sure, bitcoin can grow more because its a currency and might considered and used as a tech company ( microsoft is 500 b). A currency does not have a market cap. The biggest threat for bitcoin however is governments banning it, because its a currency. Its hard and even impossible to ban Eth since its a legit company used by big firms such as JP Morgan.

>Its hard and even impossible to ban Eth since its a legit company used by big firms such as JP Morgan.
how old are u

not
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_eth

Of course you nitwit.

>bitcoin isn't allowed to improve their code because "hard forks are evil"
>ETH gets major blockchain improvements every few months and is basically web 3.0
really makes you think

>Bitcoin is and always will be the king of crypto.

Smart man, user.

>One foundation controls the rules of a decentralized system.
Really jogs the nog

you realize you're advocating anarchy right? the eth foundation works together for a common goal, like any good governing body. a decentralized network is useless if we can't trust the people who maintain it, or can't count on them to do their job. the bitcoin dev teams all want to kill each other, literally. if you want that, than I feel sorry for you.

Government tries to ban sales of eth tokens
> Lawyer: Oh, actually you can't, you're breaking this law and this law
Government tries to ban sales of btc:
> Can't do shit and swallow it up (see China)

If Bitcoin gets it shit together and successfully activates the lightning network AND it works as advertised (instant & free).... bitcoin might swamp out the other coins before they have a chance to overtake. But as it stands ETH is better at the moment.

I didn't even expect them to get it together for the segwit but maybe they'll surpass my expectations again. $60 B of market value is incentive enough...

Probably but read this user. This may change your personal perspective on the matter.
medium.com/@richardheartauthor/9-reasons-you-should-be-worried-about-ethereum-right-now-353c4ca0064a

/Thread

Sage