Gulag revisionism

Why do people still bealive in Solzhenitsyn's novels after Soviet archives got opened?

because it fits their ideology. confirmation bias

Reminder that the GULAG was just the soviet prison system and that at its height it had less people in it than America has in prison today.

what's a edmr vfyakchtd sdtsid?

Camp Vorkuta
Sauna
I understand Russian a little too, so seeing Faux Cyrillic triggers me, but most people are ok with it.

>/leftypol/ will complain about how the Great Leap Forward, Gulags, and Holodomor are just atrocity propoganda
>But the Rape of Nanking and Holocaust are definitely real tho

It's almost like people believe whatever the fuck they want to believe

Of course Holocaust is fake, why would Hitler kill his masters?

I think with most democides people tend to believe the first number they read, and then keep looking for evidence to back it up. Thanks to a lot of irresponsible """historians""" a lot of people read 60 million for Stalin, and the only evidence they have for that is Solzhenitsyn. Ergo, they are forced to believe him to avoid revising their world view.

>Soviet Archives

About as reliable as Nazi ones. Unless you're also a Holocaust denier, which wouldn't surprise me.

Silzhenitsyn being wrong about the numbers doesn't mean that the gulag system was a nice place to live m80

yeah, tell me about the propaganda in top secret Soviet archives no one had acces to.
Kraut archives are very realiable too.

*Kraut archives about the Holocaust

>Katyn was done by the Soviets! We know because it's in the Soviet archives!
>The Soviets archives are unreliable, and we shouldn't believe anything we see in them!

>Katyn was done by the Soviets!
good one m8

>muh Katyn

Nobody even mentioned Katyn you stupid tankie

Tell us then who is responsible for that, and give us source. Soviet archives that say it was Stalin are unreliable are fake as you said tho.

Literally this
Next you'll say the berlin wall was to keep westerners OUT

He probably thinks that Soviet beaches on the Baltic were raked to also keep Westerners out.

>Russians are this bad at debate

loooooooool enjoy convincing no one

Tankies all believe that shit happened, they just pretend it's a conspiracy so we don't call them the edgy faggots they are. They want the mass death tolls. Hell, that's 90% of the point to being a tankie. Everyone but you and your chosen clique dies.

>Russians
nice try Schlomo

>Russians doing anything but claiming every detractor is a jew

+15

Russian readiness to call everyone they dislike a fascist is matched only by their readiness to call everyone they dislike a Jew.

>Jews doing anything but claiming every person that disagrees with them is a Russian
Nice reddit spacing tho

>Tell us then who is responsible for that
That has nothing to do with the gulags

+15

Iam Fascist
Id say that Soviet archives have something to do with Soviet archives