Where do I start investing in BTC?

Hi guys, I'm completely new to crypto and I'd like to buy some bitcoins but I'm not sure as to which trading site to use or how to even start. Could you give this new guy a few pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitpam.com/blogs/cryptocurrency-guides/how-do-i-buy-bitcoin
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats a nice gun. what kind is it?

Shit.

Depends where you're from and the payment method you want to use. If you're from USA, Coinbase is a good choice, but it won't work in many other places and the veriication process is a drag.

I personally use Coinmama and pay high rates cause I pay with a debit card, but it's one of my few choices in third world Costa RIca.

its an airsoft pussy gun

That would be a glock 19 with after market modifications by Agency Arms.

cryptocorner.org is a noob start site

will it penetrate my skull?

I'm in the US. Could you tell me more about Coinbase? Is there a high fee to cash out my BTC or to purchase BTC? Coinmama is the website you use to trade what about sources to track increase/decrease of BTC value. Like charts? Thanks for the feedback

Lets not derail the thread but to be clear that is not an airsoft pistol.

coinbase is going to be the best entry exchange you will need to use. their fees are a bit high but they are federally insured. yes you will need to pay taxes. buy bitcoin/ eth/ ltc then you can transfer to other exhanges to trade with shitcoins since coinbase doesnt have any

Hey thanks I'm going through the site now. Is there a recommended wallet to use?

i've heard GDAX doesn't charge as high, is this true?

gdax is owned by coinbase but i dont know about their fees, i only use bittrex

Get it while its under one dollar.

You've been warned.

thanks this is actually exactly what im looking for. ETH is looking good..

Electrum is good shit.

There's a full on step by step easy guide that helped me a lot, might help you a lot as well too

bitpam.com/blogs/cryptocurrency-guides/how-do-i-buy-bitcoin

thank you very much i bought my first fraction of BTC an hour ago and im watching the chart climb. ill read through that guide now

awesome, best of luck, the +2500 member bitpam Veeky Forums cryptocurrency trading/mining/coding discord server is also really helpful

discord.gg/VpPrGmF

It depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to use it as a long term investment, look into cold storage. Look at keepkey and anything overseen or ran by Erik Voorhees. If you want to do day trading I recommend Mycelium and JAXX for wallets. I buy from coinbase and then transfer out to my wallets.

can somebody answer me why china encouraged its citizens to buy bitcoin earlier this year , (I gather that was one reason/main reason that made the price go up massively) and then recently they try to regulate/ban it? . I don't get it . is it a strategy to make them own a large percentage of the BTC wealth while causing the price to go up then steady the price?