Reading list

It's a huge task but does Veeky Forums have a series of primary and secondary sources to read that would leave the reader with a level of knowledge that makes them historically literate.

I get there's a huge amount of problems with this but that's the point of discussion and I want to get more versed in parts of history outside of my specialty (classics) without reading some pop/meme historians.

Read the unabridged version of James Frazier's "The Golden Bough."

It's one of the longest books ever written, but contains a fairly comprehensive documentation of the evolution of social, political, and religious customs of every civilization from the stone age to the 19th century.

I always found it funny that she places her butt on those books
Gives the opposite meaning of what she was trying to do

Well, you got the meaning even if it implied extra effort, so it still applies

What historical period?

>look at me im a bookworm just like you
Looks like her daddy didn't give her enough attention

All of them I guess but because that's so ridiculous its seems better to split it by topic i.e. politics or art or military etc. What historical period do you know a lot about?

Yeah I know it's a stupid image I included it just so this thread gets replies.

>5000 pages of "this savage jungle tribe did this wacky thing"
No thank you. I tried reading that and it's a clusterfuck.

i've seen that recommended before but also that it has is incredibly Victorian.

Nice trips btw

Read the Bible and go to church. Use your classical knowledge to round out your opinion.

Ta-da

The Victorians were pretty much the peak of anthropology, user. Free from the religious dogma of the past, but not yet burdened by the relativism and self-hating apologetic tone of contemporary scholarship.

You can start by reading as many original religious texts as possible, become familiar with them. I can't think of a less time consuming way to get a broad and deep expertise than to study each culture one by one from beginning to end. That's why most people have one or two areas of interest.

>All of them
How to spot the historically illiterate

That stack is trash, you can tell it's her books, but Lolita (!)

Who's that fluid druid?

start at the beginning then.
The Human Past - Chris Scarre
After the Ice by Steven Methen
Both are world general histories of prehistory, the first is an academic textbook used for archaeology courses. the second is an oddity, its chapters each describe a period and location, each building on the last. each chapter opens with a description of an archaeologist standing and watching the people about to be discussed, what they look like and do, their surroundings etc. the chapter then discusses the modern archaeology of the people and what we know. it goes all aorund the world covering i think about 30-40 periods and places in prehistory.

Any good books that cover the war of Spanish Succession in both political and military aspects?

Read all this

>having wide ranging interests makes me incompetent

Pseud spotted

Go to book thread please.

Start from guns, germs and steel

if that whore sat on my books i would kill her

No, saying you want to know everything in history is. You're talking about thousands of years of events all around the world.

Anyone got any thoughts on Why Nations Fail?

This picture makes me want to work out not read books.

>those mediocre books

To be honest, those look like the only books she owns. Sad.

Liberalism

*farts on books*

>americans and north europeans don't have bidets
>there will be pieces of excrement all over those books because that filthy whore sitted on them
Disgusting tbqhwy

I'll save you the read. The answer is the Jews.

Reptilians*

>sitted
Keep living in your insignificant country and learn English

Says the sharting anegrican who is shitted 24/7

>Being this jealous of American superiority
You are essentially a cuckold on the national level.

I'd rather not know proper english and instead know proper hygiene, Pedro

I can keep my ass clean, but you'll never be from America. Enjoy your inferiority.

>Pedro
Nice meme. I'm from the North. My town has no blacks or spics.

>but you'll never be from America
Feels good man

nice trips, and shes so hot but look at those books, WHERE ARE THE CLASSICS???

Muh classics!

What if she's being ironic?

>You will never be those books.

>Believing this is useful

Mere fact of reading that book for the sake of "historical literacy" is wrong on so many levels I don't know where to begin

Is this still worth reading nowadays?

Anyone who disrespects books enough that she'd put her filthy asshole on it is a piece of garbage.

Not only that, but she doesn't even seem to have any genuine literary interests. She just reads whatever happens to be the most popular book of the month, or was on her school reading list.

fucking cunt sitting on books instead of reading them

Yeah they also were completely unburdened by any kind of scientific standards

>none at all

What irrelevant shithole squat are you from? I would guess North Dakota or Montana but then youd have a few injuns at least