/pol/ told me that computer science was a dead major with no jobs

>/pol/ told me that computer science was a dead major with no jobs
>Keep reading about how many job offers compsci students get upon graduation

>/pol/ told you
then why are you complaining about it on here

Pajeets gonna get those jobs

>listening to /pol/ ever

Compsci is not programming.

Why would they tell you that? And why would you listen? In many places, it's a developers job market.

>fall for the STEM meme
>Do math physics double major
>Didn't learn to program
>Every job needs programmers

LEARN TO PROGRAM

No point going to university if you don't learn to program, unless you're going into a specific field like medicine, law etc.

LEARN
TO FUCKING PROGRAM I WON'T TELL YOU AGAIN

>/pol/ told me a pajeet would take my CS job
>Get a job straight out of college
lmao /pol/ is autistic. Why trust them ever?

What is it then?

I learnt this the hard way

Math, algorithms, and theory on what computers can do.

So they dont use any programming languages in CS courses?

That's idiotic. They learn the important shit, you can learn a programming language's syntax in two days.

You can learn to drive a car within an hour, but that doesn't mean you know how to drive well.

That wasn't the point. The point is that what you learn in computer science applies to any language, learning a language is the easy part.

Learning algorithms, data structures and architecture is the hard part.

too many people pretending to be nazi's over there.

>be comsci major and a shitbag millennial
>want other people to hate them selves as much as I do for getting with worthless degree and being unable to find a job because im not Indian
>shill compsci to every stupid fuck that will listen to me.

Course they use programming. So do Math/Science/Engineering courses. And each one can get you a job as a programmer, if that's what you want.

>Pajeets gonna get those jobs
The computers will program themselves before pajeets will be worth while.

>An Indian stealing compsci major jobs
Maybe shitty IT or callcenter work.

This is as retarded as when people say Mexicans are stealing da jerbs. - What is an illiterate, smelly, greasy wetback outcompeting you on? Slave labour landscaping?

Also lots of good opportunities in information technology without having to be a developer per se (Stuff such as DevOps, System Admin, etc).

I have read that there is some ageism involved having to do with programmers that are not at the very top of their game. Maybe others can comment more on the ageism thing.

But user, you ARE the pajeet.

>Learning algorithms, data structures and architecture is the hard part.

nope learning to program well is much harder. Its just that nerds like to masturbate to the thought that understanding theory means they are important. lol there are 4-year streamlined courses for understanding the useless shit, its not impressive at all.

>Keep reading about how many job offers compsci students get upon graduation
Yeah no. I could have just graduated at a bad time (2011), but from my experience the first job is hard to get. Now I get annoyed by all the damn recruiter spam wanting me to work on CRUD projects

From what I've seen, it seems that unless you are Vitalik level of intelligence, you're not going to be getting that Silicon Valley job and will be in competition with a lot of people from places like India. And quite a few developers I spoke mentioned that ageism is real, though an unspoken "fact" of the industry.

Again, I could be way off and maybe others can provide better insights.

No one said it's impressive, but it's certainly the important part.

It's the difference between being a codemonkey "programmer" and being a software engineer. A language's syntax can be easily learned within a single weekend, just check out learnxiny for chest sheets on every language syntax.

As for algorithms and data structures you're not going to be learning that by reading one page.

Can confirm. I work with a guy who is great on the theoretical stuff, but when he has to do concrete problem solving he's shit. Lots of over-engineered solutions that are overly complex and a nightmare to maintain

Isn't ageism a thing in every industry though?

>trusting the losers, failures and autists infesting that septic hole called /pol/
You dun goofed

This sounds made up and cliche.

agism is real, because the technologies we use are changing all the time and you can't possibly keep learning more and more... with time your brain becomes a mess and if you are lucky, then you would move up the ladder and become a comfy manager... I know some oldies who are making less than recent graduates, because they dealing with old tech... This doesn't mean they are stupid or smth... This being said, there is no much point getting a degree, because by the time you finish, your skillset will be obsolete. Starting early and making as much as you can is the key. Then you can invest, start your own business or retire in Laos...

>Starting early and making as much as you can is the key. Then you can invest, start your own business or retire in Laos...
Good point. Seems like the same thing can be said about crypto.

Yeah sure extremely important when you arrive at a company and literally have to work with GOTO mans code leftovers

The ACTUAL hard part is like he says is learning to write scaleable and maintainable code and refactoring bad code there is NOTHING in your dumbass waste of time theory classes that will help you with that

Would rather be able to code and learn algorithms on the side than vice versa

CS isn't programming, it's common sense. Learn to program.

t. programmer without degree