>Hated blacks
>Fought tooth and nail for Civil Rights

What was his endgame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30&t=76s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_B._Pearson
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He wanted the south to take the redpill

huh.. It's almost like politicians value expediency and re-election over their own principles..

>Hated blacks
Source? Because all I've ever seen is at most 2 quotes about him that are wildly out of context

bam

Why do you say he hated blacks?

Ever since he started, he always said he was molded by working with poor communities of minorities, he seemed to really believe in their plight.

secondary source, meme, fake news, etc.
Honestly font, grammar, and general layout of this image are cringey.

>Old man allegedly said nigger once
>hated blacks

There is a pretty famous story of him berating his black chauffeur for saying he’d rather be called by his name when LBJ asked him if he “objected to being called a nigger”

I’m on mobile so I don’t feel like linking it but you can Google it.

He didn't hate blacks, Johnson was a 4d chess-player who realized if you walk around saying the word 'nigger' in various funny Southern ways and act all slide and crude like, you'll win over the rubes and Southern boys long enough to get what you want (which was the Civil Rights act and the Great Society. Carter did the same when he was running for Governor in Georgia--he went around accusing his opponent of supporting Martin Luther King (this was years after his death) and told crowds he was going to restore States rights, and literally the night he won the election he said in his victory speech that the time of racial discrimination and inequality under his watch is over, and his first acts as governor were to tear down any remaining barriers of discrimination and pass more poverty aid.

This is from a notoriously partisan and dubious conservative biographer whose biography was pretty loaded with accusations and allegations.

All of the comments 'nigger' comments Johnson was said to have made were anecdotal and often from unproven sources, but at-least most of them were compiled and collected by non-biased rigorous academics or backed by credible aids. This one isn't.

Johnson was power hungry. He wanted to be the most powerful man in the world (US President) so he did it.

Remember, this is the guy who literally cheated in every election. Even in his college president election where he stuffed the fucking ballot. This is the guy who ordered a report on the chance JFK would be assassinated within his term (25% apparently). This is the guy who saw his father lose money and status. He saw his father not as a father but as a pitiful loser who blew it all.

I don't condemn him morally. He lived in a small ass piece of shit town in texas that didn't even have electricity. Imagine being brilliant and being stuck with living incarnations of rednecks playing the same stupid games and swapping the same stupid stories.

There's literally no reason to use law to discriminate against blacks. Inferior people will naturally find themselves on the bottom. Just like they have now.

wtf i love lbj now

Just like Lincoln.

Happened to that southern cooking bitch

Nah, Lincoln just wanted to win the Civil War. He freed the slaves just to fuck with the South. LBJ put some actual work in.

LBJ is an interesting character but (morally) a deficient person. But the shit he did was amazing. Imagine someone in a tabletop game with +20 to intimidate and diplomacy.

I'm still reading through Caro's series on him but he was someone who wanted to be the big kahuna. Not like his loser dad. As soon as he stopped being the big kahuna, he had nothing to live for. He grew obese over a few months and died of a heart attack. Such a frustrating man to figure out.

>powerful concisenesses don't want to dominate others, they wan't to empower them so that they don't get together until things are really late in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30&t=76s

>He early became fabled for a Rabelaisian earthiness, urinating in the parking lot of the House Office Building as the urge took him; if a colleague came into a Capitol bathroom as he was finishing at the urinal there, he would sometimes swing around still holding his member, which he liked to call "Jumbo," hooting once, "Have you ever seen anything as big as this?," and shaking it in almost a brandishing manner as he began discoursing about some pending legislation.

The man was an absolute Chad

lol if hes a chad how come uncle ho (ho chi minh) made him look like a bitch

>As soon as he stopped being the big kahuna, he had nothing to live for. He grew obese over a few months and died of a heart attack.
sounds familiar

He didn't "hate blacks". At most he could be called a casual racist.

He was such a chad he literally bullied another world leader
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_B._Pearson
>While in office, Pearson declined U.S. requests to send Canadian combat troops into the Vietnam War. Pearson spoke at Temple University in Philadelphia on 2 April 1965, while visiting the United States and voiced his support for a pause in the American bombing of North Vietnam, so that a diplomatic solution to the crisis may unfold. To President Lyndon B. Johnson, this criticism of American foreign policy on American soil was an intolerable sin. Before Pearson had finished his speech, he was summoned to Camp David, Maryland, to meet with Johnson the next day. Johnson, who was notorious for his personal touch in politics, reportedly grabbed Pearson by the lapels and shouted, "Don't you come into my living room and piss on my rug."
someone should do a virgin/chad meme of him versus Trump or Nixon

I mean, LBJ is probably the U.S president from the poorest means of them all. He grew up in a West Texan town of 200 people in a family that had twice gone completelly bankrupt in the decades leading to his birth thanks to their cattle schemes. During his formative years, he worked with his dad in paving roads twelve hours a day, and came home where dinner was mostly absent due to his moms personality not suiting housework. His highest education was a teacher college in San Marcos, TX, and he was nervous about his ability to get there due to not having gone to an accredited high school. His family poverty was publicly ostracized, and help up against him as the reason why he couldnt wed his high school sweetheart.

> Power hungry
Mate you don't do it justice. In the 40s, he declined a chance to inherit a multimillion oil operation due to him thinking it would hurt his eventual presidential campaign (the man was a first term congressman at that point). KGB thought that he might have been behind JFK assassination, as he stood in line and had the personality for it.

He was a nigger himself

>Continued to escalate Vietnam to save face

I mean, the guys forte was domestic politics, and that was the prevalent policy at the time. Especially when ME was coming under Soviet influence.

Ah the good ol' Johnson Treatment.

I AM THE SENATE

power, the guy was a typical politician playing the game

he didn't fight for civil rights because he supported it. he did so because tactically he saw that it was gonna happen and he wanted to be on the right side of it so as to profit from it in his career.

to have his legacy tarnished by [insert most recent hater here].

Can you tell me about Nixon? Seems you could put a sympathetic spin on him.

B U M P
U
M
P

He didn't let his personal prejudices trump his job. I dont care much for spics but I wouldn't deny them basic civil rights. Johnson was a true politician who actually sought to serve all Americans rather than a small minority of hateful bigots.

It didnt work on this guy tho

Ultimate power combo

Dubious source.

someone post that screenshot describing what happened to LBJ after he stopped being president

My hs had a man who worked there as a teacher. His father was an Ontario MPP. He served a long period of time then retired. After that he just pretty much died in every way but physically and everything just declined until he actually died. He never was the same.

Why did was allowed to run again in 1968 only to withdraw? He already served two terms by then right? Or does him taking over after JFK in 1963 not count as a full term? So he technically would have been allowed to serve three terms right?

If you become president with less than two years of the predecesors term left, you can run twice. If more, only once. The logic is that the first terms, only a year for LBJ, half of which was spent in campaign, doesnt really allow for much power usage.

His end game was to convince black women to depend on the gov't instead of a black man which would make them a permanent voting base for the democrats. He obviously didn't view niggers as humans so destroying the black family to serve his interests was a beneficial move to make in his mind.

The fatal problem he failed foresee is the type of damage that can be done by children produced by single black female lead households. After a number of generations of this process, i'd argue that its impossible to set black Americans back to state they were prior to LBJ. And the funny thing is that LBJ has gone down in history as a civil rights hero for blacks but he's potentially done more harm to the cultural fabric of blacks than Jim Crow ever did.

Letting a single black woman raise a black child should be considered child abuse.

Wasn't it because JFK had back problems that made it hard for him to lean back too much.

Also is the manlet in the middle supposed to be Scoop Jackson?

Johnson City and Stonewall and the Johnson Ranch are in the Hill Country in Central Texas, not West Texas.

The ranch is actually very interesting and a nice place to visit, by the way. I would highly recommend it to anyone who happens to be around Austin. These days Johnson City is kind of nice as far as shitty little Texas towns go, too.

uncle ho didn't want no trouble.

Did he kill JFK?