EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT CHAIN LINK BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK

Starting off with the most relevant question:

>Why are people fuding so hard user?
Because the mooning is a sure thing, so the market is going to create artificial difficulty because money never comes easy.
Everyone who knows anything knows this thing is going to blast off by SIBOS on October 16th, and certainly after that due to the exposure.

Welcome to game theory.

Other urls found in this thread:

poloniex.com/coinRequest
factom.com/blog/smartcontract-factom-announce-collaboration
sibos.com/conference/conference-programme/bridging-dlt-and-swift-messaging-smartcontractcom-innotribe-industry
youtube.com/watch?v=DrlL5v78FtA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>But isn't the SIBOS conference already priced in?
Hell no. SIBOS will expose Chainlink to traditional finance.
Exposure means more interest, which means more adoption, which means more investors.
You cannot price in future investors.

All we need is, some good exchanges prior SIBOS and we will moon.

>What is SIBOS anyway
A finance conference organized by SWIFT, which is the premier communication network for financial institutions the world over.
So the company that connects financial institutions with each other, is supporting a project that connects financial institutions with the blockchain.
Think about this for a second.

>So what does Chainlink even do?
It allows for traditional business and finance to implement blockchain smart contracts.
This means that whatever you agree to in a contract will be executed automatically whenever the conditions are met. And the blockchain acts as “proof”. And we all know you simply cannot dispute the blockchain.
This has the potential to change commercial and contract law as we know it.

This. I don't even check the prices on pajeetdelta, who gives a fuck? I'm a bit concerned by the fact that bittrex and polo stopped adding new coins tho

80k linker here
how long does it usually take to get on bigger exchanges? when will link get on more exchanges?

>Wait, but didn’t Vitalik talk shit about Chainlink?
No. Chainlink uses Oracles to achieve its goal, and Vitalik made a remark about the value of Oracles (which he thinks are "fantastic").
However, the value of Chainlink is not in the Oracles, but in the goal of the project. The Oracles are just the tool for achieving that goal.

I'm getting annoyed too. Nobody knows the answer

>But didn’t Chainlink already crash below ICO?
No, those are memes.
The ICO price was around 10 cents. The price then shot up x2 on the first day (with INSANE volume, see pic), and then corrected to around +40% (on much lower volume).

(Insanely) high volume during mooning + low volume during correction = ideal.

what if Sergey starts stammering all over the place? hope he takes some coke

>Wasn’t the ICO a disaster?
No. The devs purposely missed out on 12 million dollars by maintaining the $ cap of the ICO even after ETH rose a lot in price.
By contrast: Bancor did the opposite by being greedy and raising the $ cap, and we all know about Bancor by now.

Hahahaha holy fucking shit the desperation is honestly humiliating at this point.

The tone of these threads trying to defend LINK are so pitifully desperate it actually makes me cringe IRL.

Can you answer this question please?

>Why is Kyber BTFO of ChainLink in every metric worth considering?

Could be any day now, could be weeks.
It really doesn't matter, this is not some PnD shitcoin.

Because Kyber is completly overhyped? People following Skelly everywhere he goes. But tell me, what has Kyber done so far? Ok, thank you. We can talk about Kyber in Q1 2018 again.

You do realize that Kyber and Chainlink do completely different things right?

Here's a little something to think about:
Kyber revolves around decentralized crypto exchanges, right at a time when it's becoming clear that coin/token diversity is going to be reduced.

LINK aims to connect traditional business and finance with smart contracts and the blockchain, right at a moment when it's becoming clear the traditional industries can use the blockchain.
And with backing from fucking SWIFT.

That would be a good thing, actually.
People are expecting a tech wiz, not some slick buttermouth salesman.

kyber is vaporware at this point. no working product no nothing.
only have money skelly for hype generation.
sold my knc already for 4x to some foolish noobs
GL holding my bags boyos

Is it true that OP stuck 68 "links" up his ass at once while trying for the landmark of homsexuality of 69?

honestly, liqui or binance is enough for a 7x

look at 0x..

kyber and link dont even compete you retard

jesus christ

>But aren't there already Oracles in crypto, like Augur, Gnosis, etc.?
There are various Oracle-based cryptos, absolutely.
But they do completely different things; like Augur and Gnosis which are forecasting tech. Nothing at all to do with what Chainlink does.

>But aren't there already cryptos that do what Chainlink does in connecting external data with the blockchain, like Ripple, Oraclize, Reality Keys?
They kind of have the same objective on the surface, but they work in a centralized manner: they act as data providers themselves.
This is fundamentally different from Chainlink, which is wholly decentralized. Any node operator can enter the variables that are relevant to them.

No matter what you say, the reality is that LINK is poisoned by FUD.

Its lower than ICO price, dismissed by Vitalik and completely devoid of hype. The sad truth of this crypto game is that these things are far more important in the valuation of a coin than any fundamental utility of the project.

>devoid of hype
>every other thread on biz is about chainlink
>you are currently talking about chainlink

most hyped coin I have ever seen

Here's the coin request form for Poloniex- should go ahead and fill it in for LINK

poloniex.com/coinRequest

This is ancient news but I can't believe nobody is mentioning this either:

factom.com/blog/smartcontract-factom-announce-collaboration

Literally every single one of your points is refuted into the ground in my earlier posts.

>the reality is that LINK is poisoned by FUD
See >Its lower than ICO price
See >dismissed by Vitalik
See >completely devoid of hype
See People got hyped at an Apple sticker on an OMG skateboard, what he fuck do you think will happen when people realize SWIFT is hosting a Chainlink demo in front of the international finance elite on 16 October?

Cool just sold 100k.

fucking neck yourself you nigger

>having shitty 3rd world internet
>being too slow to get into crowdsale
>fudding desperately on Veeky Forums out of all places

even pajeets aren't this desperate.

>Says ever increasingly nervous man that always seems to talk about Chain Link.

Sure bro.

It has never been lower than ICO price. At the very least never lower than presale master race.

there you go buddy. only ICO this year besides OMG with a working product, real life applications, and a huge customer base ( here banks )

Yup.

Factom is okay and all but SWIFT blows out every imagined OmiseGO partnership that may or may not materialise. All vitalik has is hype and he isn't even chief advisor for kyber - it looks like they just put him in for branding purposes

What are the price predictions for:

pre SIBOS

after SIBOS

>just wanna screencap this thread

>SWIFT blows out every imagined OmiseGO partnership that may or may not materialise
See my all-time favorite Veeky Forums meme.

>pre SIBOS
Overall a great increase (barring some unforeseen event), with dips and peaks of course.

>after SIBOS
Finance and especially crypto is susceptible to memes, so a lot of people will assume the old "buy the rumor sell the news" will apply, even though it doesn't.
It might have a dip right after, but in reality the exposure means exponential growth.

$1 dollar a pop or I bite my own dick off.

pre SIBOS will be x10

after SIBOS nothing will happen in the short term. There are unrealistic expectations floating around. Important people will be impressed but keep it to themselves for ages until concrete plans materialise. It'll probably dip. It'll explode x100 in the first half of 2018.

SO let's tally it up, SWIFT is obviously the biggest partnership but we also have Request.network confirming they will use smart link as well as Factom.

I can't imagine how anyone can fud that.

WHY CAN'T I BUY IT ON BITTREX

>I can't imagine how anyone can fud that.
There's no easy money.
All signs point to this being a mooncoin, so the market is going to go out of its way to shake out the weak hands.

EVERY FUCKING SMART CONTRACT THAT IS NOT ABOUT RAISING MONEY WILL USE FUCKING CHAIN LINK, GET THE FUCK IN

>Important people will be impressed but keep it to themselves for ages until concrete plans materialise.
This.

Actions to take:
1. Buy now as much as you can while it's under .0007
2. Hodl until Sibos (Oct 16th), where it should go to 7-14x ICO
3. Watch demo live and sell 50% of hodlings right if it goes well, 100% if they somehow Golem the bed (unlikely).
4. In case everything goes well, wait for the "sell the news" memedip, and buy back in at the bottom with your 50%.
5. Wait for the 100x moon once news of SWIFT implementation and new partnerships start rolling in during Q4 2017 and Q1 2018.
6. Buy your mother something nice.

Should l invest my 1 ETH now or wait for the dip?

I literally agree with everything you said.

BUTTTTTT keep in mind there's such a thing as 'game theory'.

If enough people assume it's going to dip right after (regardless of how well it goes), then there's a possibility that it's going to do the exact opposite.

To put it simply: watch out for the reverse psychology effect.

>once news of SWIFT implementation
i wouldn't advise this since SWIFT as selected many dev teams and chainlink is one of but not the most notable

>Should l invest my 1 ETH
if it's all you have you should invest like 0.25

WRONG

There were a number of devs in play last year, but Chainlink beat them out by winning SWIFT's "Innotech Industry Challenge".

well if your sources are Veeky Forums you are forgiven, but if you saw the announcement ETH for example had like 4x room over LINK about this

Not sure what you mean.

Here's the SIBOS schedule: sibos.com/conference/conference-programme/bridging-dlt-and-swift-messaging-smartcontractcom-innotribe-industry

It literally lists Chainlink/Smartcontract as the Industry Challenge winner.
If you look up this competition, you will find the other competitors Chainlink beat out.

This is why you don't over-commit to the dip by selling 100% once the moon starts to turn into stagnation. You sell 50% expecting the dip, keep 50% in case it doesn't. This is basically just risk management in case there is a huge dip or a huge moon after the demo that might not be apparent from how the demo went but gets born from the crypto herd FUD/FOMO / whale manipulation.

This was the case exactly one year ago, before the 2016 Sibos.

ChainLink is the one team that got chosen and is currently the only team working to implement blockchains to the SWIFT system.

This.

Also, Ripple has beef with SWIFT, so SWIFT is going to put all their weight behind Chainlink to crush and replace Ripple.

Lucky for us, Chainlink is the far superior decentralized solution compared to Ripple. See Now look up the Ripple market cap (~7 Billion), and divide it by Chainlink's current market cap (~50 Million). And realize that Chainlink has far greater possible applications.
Yeah.

I think this video is more concise than the one currently circulating. Sergey does a great job of simplifying and explaining the practical applications.

youtube.com/watch?v=DrlL5v78FtA

l have 35 ETH, but link is too scammy for me

Caution is indeed advised in the world of crypto, please share why you think LINK is scammy.

Stay poor

I dont know
devs have bank account on cayman islands, its offshore area

kekked

or maybe its just rumors

There are plenty of tax reasons to do that.

Also, see They PURPOSELY missed out on 12 million dollars to keep things fair.

Also, if they were using bank accounts to be scammy, SWIFT would be the very first institution that would know about it.
And they just so happen to be working with them, lol.

So many reason for cayman islands, but all the normies are thinking. scam scam scam. Better do some research about the benefits on cayman islands. Nowadays there are plenty of other possibilites tho.

Bought in with all my mighty 1.5 ETH.
Plz, Link, take me to lambo land

Well you could look it up.

now this is one saucy meme I have gone hard on

> Isn't Link constantly low?
Rn you can trade it only for ETH. And USD/ETH is growing. So even if LINK/ETH stays the same, LINK/USD progresses

you will be rewarded shortly.

this was one of the better moves

Do we have the sauce on SWIFT cooperating with ChainLink?

Tons.

For instance, here is the official announcement and timing of the Smartcontract/Chainlink demo at SIBOS.
Remember that SIBOS is organized by SWIFT.

2 dollar or i eat a shit!

Woops, forgot the link:
sibos.com/conference/conference-programme/bridging-dlt-and-swift-messaging-smartcontractcom-innotribe-industry

> LINK/ETH stays the same
It is growing actually

kek

Uptrending in $ value too.
But don't get hung up on the charts too much right now.

so this is just a lame ark?

Yes, a very lame ark.

>SmartContract.com will present a live demo of a Proof of Concept where a DLT platform manages ISO 20022-compliant bond instruments
>while an ISO 20022-aware Smart Oracle settles coupon payments off-ledger through ISO 20022 payment messages over SWIFT.

So if you're not immediately aware, these are TWO specific examples of use cases that are going to be demonstrated at SIBOS.

If you aren't paying attention, now is the time to wake up.

Stop it OP, I was hoping to accumulate more at ICO prices. Got pretty close today.

why would i buy this

It's like ark but at the beginning and you already have mother fucking SWIFT as a client. It said on their website they designed their SWIFT smart oracles.

Because every bank/company out there that wants to use blockchain needs access to their database and real world info, and to make those API calls you need to pay LINK, It's like selling gold to the jews.

>being this retarded
You must be a bitcoin maximalist

also someone explain this

swift is already integrating chainlink you dumbass

can I buy this on bittrex

I think you replied to the wrong post.
Or at least misunderstood it.
Pls delet.

>makes retarded as fuck reply to a post
>calls others retarded
WEW

whales are leaving

-former RSA Chief Scientist Ari Juels (co-wrote the whitepaper)
-decentralized consensus expert Andrew Miller
-Ethereum Community Manager Hudson Jameson
-Facebook's Director of Engineering and LLVM developer Evan Cheng as an active Technical Advisor

>whales
WEW

IT IS TWO FUCKING PEOPLE
TWO PEOPLE

u wot m8

How close to ICO did it get?
I bought in at 0.00046

bretty gud
ICO -> 0.00038
Presale -> 0.00030

What will be some major signs that's it's time to sell your link? I was planning to sell it around the October conference but this thread is really encouraging me to hodl for longer

Personally, I'd tell you never to hold anything after you've gained 2x-5x profit. You sell and go on to the next venture

Normally this would be very excellent advice.

However, this is probably the single most promising crypto since ETH.

I don't know what your financial situation is, but I would suggest keeping at least a decent chunk of cash in this even after SIBOS.

I have half my crypto holdings in LINK, and I'm not selling in the first two years, unless some unforeseen event comes along.

Still, this is crypto so anything can happen.
Never stake more than you can afford to flush down the toilet.
Keeps you from panic selling, but also from premature greed selling.

am I going to make it with 6500 link?

don't want to be a millionaire, just want have nice gains