Alternate History Maps

Lets get a good old fashioned alt history map thread going.

Other urls found in this thread:

todyo1798.deviantart.com/
rvbomally.deviantart.com/
quantumbranching.deviantart.com/
pessimal.deviantart.com/
beedok.deviantart.com/
zauberfloete21.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Terrible coloration. It's very hard to tell which color on the key corresponds to which country on the map.

Fatherland.

Best Axis-victory scenario I've seen that is not some Axis-wank wish fulfillment.

Sorry that sage was for another thread

Might make an rvbomally-style worlda soon. POD is the Russian Revolution of 1905 succeeding and leading to an agrarian left-populist Russia (rather than the Bolsheviks)

pls rate

My first attempt at an elaborate WorldA

>in a prefect world

>Swiss neutrality violated

A B S O L U T E M A D M A N

>silesia and gallicia/lodomeria not annexed by the duchy of warsaw

Someone should do one of these for our world.

ew

What divergence point would UN-"JUST fuck my shit up" the world in your opinion user?

>Friedrich III does not develop cancer
>Alexander II does not die on the Pevchevsky Bridge
Its far from a sure thing, but either of these would give Germany and/or Russia a chance to develop good constitutional regimes, curbing the rise of extreme ideologies.

>Pope Nicholas V gets over himself to defend Constantinople
>Hitler dies in '44, leading to a peace treaty and the survival of Nazi Germany as a buffer to communism
>Intervention to save the Republic of China

March 2, 1931

Gorbachev is strangled in his crib so the Soviet Union would still be around.

With the Soviet big boogeyman around:
* No 911, Soviets would be the Muslim's target
* No Iraq War
* Gaddafi, Saddam and Al Assad would still be around with Soviet support
* Which means no ISIS, no rapefugees, no Muslims in Europe
* Also no EU because the EEC would still be around and NATO would still dominate
* Even Russkies would be better off

It literally fixes everything

>Gran Colombia
niiice

source?

>

It says in the filename.
todyo1798.deviantart.com/

>muh harry potter
>muh popculture

Do you have more links to dA WorldA mappers which are preferably not red liberals?

Pic made me CUM tbqh

I don't have a list of people by political views, I just look at maps.

rvbomally.deviantart.com/
quantumbranching.deviantart.com/
pessimal.deviantart.com/
beedok.deviantart.com/

First guy looks like Alt-Kino, thx user

I'm not sure what you mean but I like RvBOMally's maps a lot. I remembered another one:
zauberfloete21.deviantart.com/

1848 revolutions succeeding

How about this WIP: Persia succeeds in absorbing the Greeks, Christianity gains popularity in the Empire, eventually a civil war is prompted between the decadent Achaemenids and a new oriental dynasty circa 100-200 AD, which has recently undergone consecutive reconquests of former Persian territories. (Just like somebody else just about this time hmmmmmmm.....). Presumably they have consumed themselves in the process and stagnation or even a big JUST is incoming

Rome identifies itself in reaction to Christian Persia as a vanguard of Paganism, and approaches its pagan neighbours on better terms. Since the East is already occupied economic disparity does not compound as rapidly and the republic persists further if not indefinitely until the fall. Caesar never conquers Gaul. Enmity between the two powers trade relations are very strained and it attempts to establish a trade route along the Pacific by stretching their assumed naval capabilities a bit. South American colonies are established but contact is severed with the migratory period that Rome is even less suited to deal with. Otherwise more successors persist than in OTL, including in Italy itself, North Africa and northwest Iberia.

The year of the pic is ~550 AD

>no replies

Forgot pic

Interesting, but Portugal and Brazil had semi-fascist nationalist regimes, an Axis victory would make them go for Germany's side most likely. And the left was never strong in Japan, can't see how it would have rose to power there, even more so in the 60's.

I find it hard to believe that Christianity would emerge in such a world. If anything, it would be a more eastern-influenced religion similar to Mithraism. In addition, this alliance between Roma and their northern neighbours based on religion doesn't make much sense either. Last but not least, South American colonisation at such an early date is very unlrealistic.

deleted my last two hasty posts, was busy with something else, can give a better rundown now

>Greece is integrated into the Empire, rebellious cities were razed, loyal cities are spared and granted autonomy, Argos and Thebes to name a couple could substitue Sparta and Athens as centres of civilization
>Presumably Greek Culture is still transmitted to the East, perhaps not as far as Alexander has spread it
>Talented Greeks would still be posted at the Persian court, influencing the state's style of government
>Ashoka's mission to the East may or may not be as well recieved by the Persians, depending on the relations between the Mauryans and Persians or if India ever unites at all
>Assuming it does the same cultural basis that made the East Mediterranean receptive in OTL would be present in this timeline
>Combined with the ebb and flow of interest in religions, potential dwindling avidity of Zoroastrians, increasing Persian "decadence" and a reactionary surge of Christianity could displace the former as the presiding religion
Regardless of the possibility of it this was the premise of the timeline so it's not like plausibility was my aim here
>Persia shuts off Rome from trade
>Rome develops the naval technology to circumnavigate Africa (bit of a stretch but it signifies the shift of focus from the East to West in this timeline)
>Colonization is a subsidiary consequence of this
>Colonies lose contact after fall anyways so they might contract or diverge from Roman culture and maybe contact the Incas after centuries

Asia was just me making shit up desperately, in this timeline Liang is supported by the Persians and mends the Noth/South Chinese divide earlier

Why would God have not sent His son to die for our sins?