Why aren't you vegan yet Veeky Forums?

Reasons to be vegan:

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

reddit.com/r/vegan/wiki/dieteticorgs

veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/02/where-do-you-get-your-b12/

Animals and Ethics - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH1fi

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards (marginal cases) should have the same moral status

(please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. eatimg meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think. (most philosophers are moral realists, and believe moral propositions can in fact be true)

Please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Dominion (2018) Trailer -
youtu.be/LpDJlEQsDoA

Baby cow stolen from mother -
youtu.be/aaqR9V4XkXA

vegans of Veeky Forums
discord
.gg/WWSYHg

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post this again and i'll burn your house down

If we're not supposed to eat animals why are they made of meat?

infantile remark

>once or twice a day

LAUGH MY ASS OFF 90% of my diet IS meat or yogurt

Meat is an indulgence that is destroying the planet as we know it. Meat is a privilege, not a right. And meat eaters NEED to realize this.

enjoy shit health

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

I've got none of those problems and all my grandparents ate like me and live past 100.

What is the purpose of incisors?

not what you think it is

>a narrow-edged tooth at the front of the mouth, adapted for cutting. In humans there are four incisors in each jaw.
What are we supposed to cut if we're herbivores? Fucking stalks? Lmao

Lmao vegans get blown the fuck out on every board.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now.... BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite..... BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

The "love animals" argument can be used on either side. You think corn, grain and rice doesn't kill millions of rodents, rabbits and various other herbivores each year? Because they are killed, each step in creating bread for example requites killings animals. When grain is grown it is targeted by wild animals that must be killed, when grain is being harvested animals using the crops as habitat are killed, when grain is stored animals are killed to keep the grain safe.

I am also not too keen to blindly believe the "vegans are more healthy because they are vegan" meme. Vegans are very health conscious people, they are much more aware of healthier foods and correct portion sizes. They are also known to exercise more often and get checked by a doctor regularly, I'm sure a carnivore could have the exact same life expectancy assuming they are in moderation, took their vitamins and exercised regularly.

Am I still in Veeky Forums?

I unironically think vegans should be gassed.

You're wrong, there's mechanistic data that directly show red meat is carcinogenic

YOU CANT TELL ME THIS POTATO DOESNT YEARN FOR LIFE

STARCH EATERERS IS MURDERERS

That woman would fuck that man even if he had just tortured ten hundred hogs

honestly wouldn't have thought Veeky Forums is this retarded. Thought /pol/ was the autist containment board

Lad sun bathing is confirmed to causes cancer. Unless Vegans are going to start living underground and eating vitamin D tablets to avoid cancer there isn't much point in trying to avoid it.

hoho this turnd me into a veggan

what kind of military runs off of veganism? How can soldiers build muscle to fight without meat/dairy?

Damn that pig be livin da high life up in dat iron hovel

obvious appeal to futility, might as well stop wearing sunscreen then

try again retard

The Kurds are vegan I think.

You can't be built without mea--

they aren't independent. Seems like veganism can't keep a country independent.

I am a vegan, other than the occasional bit of milk in coffee. I'm a vegan for ethnical reasons. I don't want the animals to suffer.
To be more precise, I avoid buying animal products. However, I will eat meat if someone offers it to me and I think it'll just end up being thrown out if I don't eat it. So I end up eating meat once every couple months or so.

show me one fighting in a war

>is addictive
>gives you cancer
>contains puss and blood
>causes suffering to cows
>the most metal drink is MILK

I am a vegan, other than the occasional bit of milk in coffee. I'm a vegan for ethical reasons. I don't want the animals to suffer.
To be more precise, I avoid buying animal products. However, I will eat meat if someone offers it to me and I think it'll just end up being thrown out if I don't eat it. So I end up eating meat once every couple months or so.

lol Veeky Forums nutrition

head over to Veeky Forums and educate yourself

>i pretend i don't know man is an omnivore because it aids my cause

Any major philosophers that were vegan?

Except you don't have a study that has confirmed read meat = cancer. Its another "oh well maybe but we don't know, fund our research $100,000 to find out :)"

This attractive picture has convinced me to give up my vegan ways

>some poser
bet he never fought a day in his life. Veganism might work with posery city people who have time/money to spare, but it doens't work for most of humanity.

Adolf Hitler after WW1

Peter Singer. Probably the most influential modern philosopher

Kek!

>Peter Singer.
>Singer's parents were Austrian Jews who immigrated to Australia from Vienna in 1938
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

keep the autism to /pol/

Very interesting

>tfw no carnivore gf to kill and eat animals with

>Hur durrrrr animals die no matter what
It's about numbers you idiot. The meat industry kills billion per year. How many animals are killed in the grain and vegetable(?) industries?
Yeah obviously people can't be perfect moral beings, but we can be the best we can be.

plus you have to grow more crops to feed animals, so by every standard meat is worse

I am vegetarian after visiting a pig farm in germany in 2005

LOL haven't laughed that hard in a while. That part where the pigs have their mouths open and we're shakin' back and forth all silly like was just too much

Either you are a nigger or you're a troll. Would such to be either. Kys.

>caring about pigs
Meat tastes better when the animal lived stress free, but always tastes good regardless. Death to the swine, the bacon shall be mine.

You can't tell me that wasn't funny. I mean sure it sucks to be a hog but it sucks to be a man. And I've got more important things to worry about than that

You realise millions of animals are killed in the industrialized farming of crops?

Some animals are pests who will eat said crops and have to be poisoned or shot on an industrial scale to prevent loss.

>says a bunch of dumb nigger shit
>expects to be taken seriously
Please tell me you're not white. Fucking disgrace to your cultured people.

If the number of animals that die is your greatest issue you're really arguing against industrial slaughter houses and not regular ones then.

Give me a source that says millions of animals are killed.

That is my greatest issue, yes, but it's not my only one by any means.

most crops feed animals

try again meatcuck

My European ancestors have been killing animals for millennia. I honor them in doing the same. One day perhaps the hogs and I will be as one and live in peaceful bliss. But until then I will laugh at our suffering

appeal to tradition

try again kosher boi

Vegans are fucking stupid. If I had a pet piglet I'd kill anyone who harmed it but I don't care about some pig I've never met

I'd eat meat even if none of my ancestors did, I don't care.

You're okay with mass murder (in your eyes) as long as it is below a certain number user. You're crazier than meat eaters.

vapid descriptive statement

try again

Your European ancestors treated their kill with respect and certainly didn't laugh at their suffering. The only reason Europeans were omnis was because of winter. That's not an issue anymore, therefore you're just a lazy fuck who can't sort out a good meal plan. Or you're just a nigger. Your ancestors would look at your privileged ass with disgust if they saw how you didn't have to eat animals to survive yet you chose to.

The only ones who promote veganism are petit bourgeois trash
The rich families still have a nice premium beef at least 3 times a week and they laugh at the upper middle class vegan hysteria

Not only are you illiterate but you lack coherence. I love arguing with you dumb fucks.

pure autism

>Your European ancestors treated their kill with respect and certainly didn't laugh at their suffering.
MUH noble tribesmen

Your rhetoric hit me in the feels. My heart says go vegan, but my belly says kill them all and eat their flesh. Damn why did animals have to be so delicious?

Hahahahahaha you look up to the modern rich families as if we're living in the age of nobility that's fucking hilarious. You realize rich families today (and for a long fucking time) are just degenerates who managed to scam and fuck over as many people as possible to get ahead? (looking up to any form of 'nobility' is fucking pure autism anyway but this shit is off the charts)

>Your ancestors would look at your privileged ass with disgust if they saw how you didn't have to eat animals to survive yet you chose to.
These are the words of a man suffering an illness of the mind. You are mentally ill and have lost bearing

>Say you're okay with animal genocide as long as its on a reduced scale
>Get called out for being insane
>Heh. I'll insult him, that'll work!

Jesus Christ, the "you dumb fucks" part was great, you assume I am not a vegan myself. I am a vegan and you're just as bad as non-vegans for your Hitler-tier mentality.

Gotta play their game

>everything is autistic!
>things today are different than they were yesterday
Vegan stupidity is stunning

what does brain say

What the fuck are you even talking about I never ever said that in all my life let alone to you.
>I'm vegan but also a fucking moron
Please stop posting in these threads you're ruining our cause.

Sure
Fidel Castro had always Argentinian beef and premium fish for his meals. Also smoked 2 or 3 expensive Cohiba cagars a day. That's why he only lived 90 years
The upper class middle trash on the other hand will take 30 medications when they get in their 40 and pray for their vitamin cocktails to extend their lives for 5 more years

>He thinks rich people are mustache twirling villains

You really have to reevaluate your life senpai.

>being this easily swayed by emotion
Vegans are children and shouldn't be taken seriously

No only you are autistic

DELET

>proud of lack of empathy

pure autism

real men protect animals

>the state of Veeky Forums

Never said they are villains, just said they are salesmen. Salesmen fucking suck why would you try to emulate them or look up to them? Why fucking base anything you do on another person in the first place unless that person is some moral or religious figure? Christ you people are really fucking stupid this shit wears me out sometimes.

This just screams insecurity.

>I never ever said that in all my life let alone to you.
>>A few posts above
>It's about numbers you idiot. The meat industry kills billion per year.
>>If the number of animals that die is your greatest issue you're really arguing against industrial slaughter houses and not regular ones then.
>That is my greatest issue, yes,

You literally said its the amount of animals killed that is your greatest issue.

The rich today eat a lot of premium beef. All most famous New York restaurants that cost 600 dollars a night serves the best beefs in north america.
In any expensive restaurant the top #3 most asked food are some kind of meat.
The real rich laugh at these petit bourgeois and their fetish for vegan food

No one cares

Heh yeah dude it's so much better to be the ones who work for those very people

ITT meatcucks who don't understand the difference between normative statements and descriptive statements

> O DUDE I READ IN THE LATEST GOSSIP MAGAZINE THE HOLLYWOOD CELEBRITIES ARE ALL FOR VEGAN XD
>OH THAT'S AWESOME I CONVINCED MY MOTHER THAT VEGANISM IS EMPOWERMENT
>I'M SAVING THE MOTHER EARTH XD

The petit bourgeois has never changed.

>Oh man these people are so happy I wanna be just like them!
>No user! They became rich by...SELLING THINGS TO PEOPLE, they deserve our hatred!

>hugging pigs

real bad case of the auts there

>conveniently leaves out the second part of the sentence
Do you know what the word "greatest" means? It means that issue is in a list of other issues I have that may even be only slightly behind that one. Who wouldn't value numbers before anything else?
I'm sorry man please don't reply to this, it's getting taxing to explain things to you.

The more vegans post, the more they are hated. This insane ideology was doomed from the start. God I love meat

What the fuck are you even talking about how is that even relevant?
>doesn't know what self employed means

t. middle class vegan fetishist

I left out the rest of your post because it is irrelevant to what we were discussing. You straight up said your greatest issue (but not your only issue) is that billions of animals are killed for meat a year. By your own logic its okay to kill what 900 million animals? 500 million animals?

Its like saying:
>If Hitler killed only 3 million Jews it would be fine by me!

You're insane user. Fix your shit/

You've derailed this debate so far off topic it's not even funny but I'll continue with it.
Modern tactics of selling things to people lack any sort of morality or virtue. Why would you emulate immoral, unvirtuous people? Oh I forgot you're a filthy materialist.