Will cryptos survive the test of fire?

Are cryptos still going to hold their value when SHTF or the economy crashes? Or should I start buying some gold and silver?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bitso.com/bitcoinayudaamexico-campaña-de-donación-para-afectados-por-el-sismo-3b1b1fd86f71
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bit
bean

btc dont care about financial markerts

crypto values will go up

Also, what percent of my portfolio should go into lead and lead-slingers?

Okay you dumb nigger, but rent still needs to be paid so you might see some withrawals. It's a domino effect. Everything is connected.
>cryptos will go up when everything else crashes
I await your explanation.

who will care about imaginary Internet money when the sun has a huge coronal ejection aka solar flare and the emt wipes out all electronics?

People will be scrambling for food, water, shelter. Pretty much commodities, and I guess gold and silver would act as a medium of exchange when the coincidence of wants is not present in a barter transaction in the postapocalyptic anarchical society

Máster card is gaining terrain as governments on blockchain proyects, greed from devs or been treated, put in risk BTC future, when SHTF it will be a ton more of options other than bitcoin and BTC will fade away as the failed starter proyect that is it

Opt 2 it's been corrupted by govt through sewgit, blockstream that will rocket and will be controlled

No. Cryptocurrencies derive their value from fiat. A cryptocurrency which cannot be converted into fiat is worthless.

If there is a 1st world market crash, cryptos will likely go up, not down.

kek ok when is my thesis due professors
Without defining what SHTF exactly is everyone will have a different answer
Mine is just as invalid as yours

t. economic illiterate

Cryptos are their own asset class whose market value is not tied to any particular industry or region. They're easier to acquire and trade in a hurry than gold is. When there's financial repression in places, we've already seen money finding its way in from there. If the economy of any given country tanks, they should be a safe haven like gold or Swiss Franks.

Please learn English before posting again, Pajeet.

>are decentralized voluntary networks anti-fragile or should i buys rocks?

>If there is a 1st world market crash
As opposed to what else? And what would the outcome be in those other scenarios?

>rocks
They're metals, user.

Tell me when you willfully acquire a crypto that cannot be exchanged for fiat. Retard dipshit

>decentralized
Buzzword and incorrect

silver

jesus christ marie they're minerals

No shill/troll, op you need to have at least 50% of your 'savings' in silver and or guns and other 'real' things. Crypto is fine, but never forget the end game

If SHTF then crypto will lose value because there won't be internet. But shit won't hit the fan if you live in America. The middle class will disappear but for the most part there won't be a massive scale happening. Sorry to burst your bubble happeningfags

Where is fiat derived from you dumb nigger

Literally SHTF here in beanerland and we're thriving with Shitcoins :^)

blog.bitso.com/bitcoinayudaamexico-campaña-de-donación-para-afectados-por-el-sismo-3b1b1fd86f71

It will go down at first alongside everything else as people try to move their money to commodities, gold, silver and fiat as many people want to have liquidity during a crisis wether to wait it out and avoid heavy loses or to profit by buying cheap assets either way crypto goes down as the panic sets in, amids the crisis once the market continuously goes down then people will start putting their money on crypto, why you ask? Because gold will be too expensive and crypto is a highly speculative asset which means many will try to buy in cheap once it's set in motion crypto will quickly recover and it will go up as everything else falls, the 2 main drivers will be Muh store value and deflationary nature of BTC and people looking for quick profits that the stock market can't offer, so a lot of investors will flock to crypto and ETH will follow and a few shitcoins with it.

I did that at first when I was a coinlet, the more I invest the more I realise I don't want to exchange my crypto to fiat, I get dividends in ETH and constantly pay living costs with ETH and BTC while leverage trading BTC and ETH.
I haven't moved my crypto into fiat in a long time.

I'm assuming you're answering the crash scenario. Solid post.

Damn, I got some catching up to do in that realm. Bought my first couple firearms the other day at least.

Lmao, That name was left there from an earlier post. Not meaning to sage my own thread.

internet will be taken down on the 29th of october

digits confirm

I'm not mad, I'm just upset that there's no tiddies.

ily mommy

sauce?

As of today, most people owning BTC aren't ideologues. And because of BTCs limited uses, it's safe to say that these people are in it for the financial gain alone.

Now, what's the first thing people start liquidating when they lose their job and they fall behind on their mortgage?

Cryptos aren't a good hedge against a financial crisis.

Pls do not kill muh mom.

Y