DAY TRADERS GET IN HERE

Hey guys. Here's a thread to talk shop for daytrading. Tired of getting bits and pieces of wisdom from other random threads? Let's centralize that knowledge.
What combination of indicators do you use? What's your target profit % per trade? What time period do you trade at? How successful are you?

I use a combination of CCI, MACD, and a moving average envelope, usually with a time period of 15m - 1hr. I've only been moderately successful and I'm really trying to tune in my settings, particularly with CCI. I thought I was killing it, but it turned out to just be a Bull market where everyone was killing it...
Anyway, let's talk shop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9QM8WRRWzE
cryptodealer.io
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I literally just pay attention to the movement of a coin and get to know it well- when I see it go back and forth between a solid support and resistance, I buy just a bit above the support, and sell just a bit below the resistance. I go a lot by "feel". Put in stop losses in case it goes shtf.

It's worked well for me.

I shorted BTC at $3,600 and OMG at $8.16

I planned to close my position at $3,400

I was too greedy to close at $3,500

Kill me desu senpai

Learn to use trailing stops.

how do you work out buy signals on the CCI? Do you buy when it crosses the -100 or when it starts to trend towards the -100 line?

Definitely still in the process of figuring that out. Right now I want my buy signal to be at -100, yes, but what I'm struggling with is figuring out the correct period to set the CCI at. For example, a higher period of, say 100 yields fewer buy signals, but they seem to be potentially more accurate. Still, it misses out on other possible buy signals...

>What combination of indicators do you use?

baka, Ichimoku Kinkō Hyō desu senpai

parabolic SAR, stochastic, MACD on 1 minute chart

a 100 MA just to have a broad understanding of the current trend

I'm intrigued. Looking in this now. How successful are you?

I am still a beginner and I use MACD to help me find entry points, RSI to help me pick exit points, and I just discovered CCI today.

My biggest source of mistakes seems to be letting FOMO override my judgement. It has led to some retarded dangerous trades that I wish I never made.

I wonder how you guys keep your emotions under control.

Look for the CMT course books. Out of those, I recommend "The New Trading For a Living" by dr Alexander Elder.

You mean trading binary options short term (i.e. 1 to 15 minutes?)

I have weak as fuck hands. Palms sweaty, heart racing. I feel like killing myself every time something is stuck in sideways for over an hour.

just buy low sell high and be yourself LOL!

I use reverse FOMO BUY and reverse PANIC SELL.

same

please add more eeee's on the b next time thank you

Kill yourselves, niggers. Day trading gambling degenerates.

How do you trade?

Take a look at SYNX right now, and feel free to draw your own conclusions
From what I see it will go up atleast 10% soon if not more

yes

Day trading with skill is nothing like gambling. I make profit on 80% of my traders. Just keep 'hodling' your bags.

I've tried using parabolic SAR+stochastic, trying to use more than a few makes me loose track of my feeling.

My training account is going well, my real money account is not.
I'm clearly not good enough at interpreting the market nor at keeping my emotions at bay, so I guess I will keep using the training account until I find a strategy and signalers that work for me

1-15 minutes is just really, really volatile, feels a lot like gambling.

teach me senpai

You must be doing it wrong if you only profit on 80% of your trades

Could you give me some insight on your trading?

how do you determine your stop-losses?

>2017
>not being profitable on 112% of your trades

>Made three trades today
>1st -60%
>2nd +30%
>3rd +10%

Just fuck me up senpai

very

Don’t get stuck holding it though. Look at the bitcointalk ann thread about it ffs. Total pajeet trash coin that will never get used for anything.

Bad week for me down $2500 luckily my sister is my landlord and I'll tell her about my mishaps and shell let it slide

I focus on one coin for a week leading up to news. Nxc for example has been the only coin I've traded since last week.

The coin has to have news coming up for me to trade it. Get out after the pump leading to the news. Then set a low buy order to catch a falling knife. For nxc, once it pumps from its current position I'll set a ill set a order 35%-40% lower than the price 12 hours before the News comes out and sell almost immediately at probably an 8%-10% gain.

Then search for a new coin.

Your average day trader everyone.

what is CCI?

I'm heard of MACD and using MFI

Also why 15 minutes and not 1 hour or 5 minutes?

Do you have any videos or articles you'd particularly recommend for learning this strategy? I'm pretty intrigued by the forecasting potential.

I'm 19

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9QM8WRRWzE

Pretty sure this guy is a multimillionaire

I use a combination of Bollinger Bands and RSI

Awesome, I really appreciate your help! Going to watch this video right now.

My reasoning is that I can't react quickly enough for a 5min trend (I'm not a bot) and a 1 hour feels too slow when I'm actively trading.
But, ya know, I'm not successful at this yet so who knows. That's just what made sense to me.

I have telegram link full of info to learn day trading etc. If anyone is interested.

Yes please

>0:
gieb me plox murci

How do you put in stop losses? Can you have a sell order for 2 different prices and whichever it hits first it happens?

thatd be great, post it up

I strngly recommend reading Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas to anyone who's trading the market. You can easily find it online if you know your way around the internet.

Please do user.

Yeah don't gamble guise. just pick the coins you think are sure fire winners like you're Warren Buffet. It's nothing like picking a winning horse at the tracks.

If the volume of a H&S formation right shoulder is the exact same as the left shoulder, does this indicate that the H&S formation will come true? Or does the volume have to be lower to confirm the pattern?

Or you could get a real job instead of pissing it all away like retarded day traders invariably do.

Masturbation and cocaine

But then I'd have to take a 400% pay cut and I wouldn't be able to live anywhere in the world..

Set aside a couple thousand dollars. Trade extremely small. Trade and trade and trade and trade. This is what you do after you know the basics. Getting good at trading requires you to trade... It's an extremely experienced based skill-set, but to get good you're going to have to lose and lose and lose. Lose until you start winning then start losing less and less. I don't mean on individual trades either, again I'm assuming anyone reading this knows the basics that it's not about the frequency of wins and losses but the magnitude of wins vs losses. You read and you eventually start hearing the same shit and at that point you "know" what to do, congratulations. There isn't much more to learn at that point about the basics. You then have to actually DO, but the doing can be expensive if you trade too large so trade small. Eventually you'll likely go from a discretionary trader or proto-systems to trader to a more systematized trader. You might go the algorithmic automated route, you might go the macro-economic fundamental route, you might do some blend of stuff. I don't think you can skip steps though.

I think you have to learn all you can from reading until the point that it feels like there's not much else left to learn (keep reading though because you still stumble across some gems). THEN start doing and realize that doing in this game costs money and time. You go to the gym to get in shape, it costs a little money each month and time, but over time you get bigger, your routine gets more sensible, your results get better. Trading is the same deal. Learn the basics, then do. After you "do" for a while it's time to start being really critical with yourself and start optimizing. Everyone wants the magic answer and again it's the same way at the gym. Everyone wants a magic spell to make them skip the pain, time, money, and effort, but there isn't really one. My lesson beyond this process I've laid out is don't be scared to trade and don't feel bad losing money.

Start small and understand that the way this game works is that if you can show consistent profitability on 10 shares, you can do it with 100, if you can do it with 100, you can do it with 1000. Generally a retail trader won't have market impact risk. If you can't show consistent profitability at 10 shares, you won't do it with 100 by some random act of magic, and if you can, it's likely to be fleeting. Forgive yourself, play the game, and recognize that even literal legends in the market "bleed" and make mistakes.

good shit thanks man

Wanted to get into BTC (and maybe shitcoin) daytrading, but it seems really volatile. Has anyone made significant shekels with it or is it just too unpredictable?

Do it.

just follow cryptodealer.io
it's day trading on easy mode.

Friendly reminder Graham hates you and laughs at your misfortune.

Great posts

how do i invite ppl to a telegram group or copy the link? I keep getting this when I copy the link. @LearnToTrade

HODLer coping.

>-60%
Learn about "stop loss" and risk management in general.

>What is latency?
Me: Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Kek.

>tfw everything looks good you enter a trade
>a fucking whale fucks your shit up and inserts a 20+ btc sell wall
>just

same

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHA I LOST 250K LAST YEAR IN FOREX HAHAHHAHAHHA JUST A REMINDER THAT U WILL LOSE AL YOUR MONEY

How did you lose that user? Share it

I use nothing of the above and only twitter.
Whenever I see a "huge" twit come out I buy. Then I put a sell order above that for 5-15% depending on hugeness of the twit. If I see a candle going crazy I might sell in 20% portions.

If day has lots of twits I make about 7% daily. If no twits I sad.

are weekly swing traders welcome?

>20 dollar profit..
lol

this is exactly what I do, but I also have a criteria for coins I day trade on. Like small market cap, modest token supply and so on. My target is 20% at least, won't go any lower with daytrading

What's the best exchange to daytrade on?

Stop losses are for punks
Pick a better entry or learn to wait it out

Dont get greedy. Holding out for that 12% or whatever, take the 8% and be happy.

Margin trading is your best friend. Never all in, keep your open positions at the same value as your margin wallet give or take a bit.

Thanks, great advice!

Listen to me very carefully. You're doing it wrong.

You're letting indicators dictate your trades instead of developing a robust strategy.

desu i just talk about trading in the +3100 member bitpam Veeky Forums cryptocurrency trading/mining/coding discord server

discord.gg/VpPrGmF

>Learn to trade altcoins like a wolf

yeah no thanks

Read Robert Pardo's book. Evaluation and Optimization of Trading Strategies.

I just watched the entire vid, thanks for that gem user. What program do you use that faciliates the Ichimoku Kinkō Hyō indicator for cryptocurrency charts? I'm having a hard time finding one.

What shud i buy rn

Great post.

Any other good video like some user posted above about ichimoku clouds?

Im on my phone and i cant tag

coinigy does, monthly but theyre so fucking worth it. makes it far easier to monitor across multiple exchanges

I mean quality videos, not necessarily about clouds again

AMD

programmer here, looking to get into algorithmic trading, but with on the absolute basics on the day trading side of things

I checked out quantopian for stocks to see what the publicly available state-of-the-art is for stock trading, and it is pretty cool. I thought there was one (or more) alt coins or dapps looking to do a similar product, but for cryptos

>What combination of indicators do you use? 9ema and vwap for the 5 minute chart, nothing for the 1 minute, 200ema, and 13ema for the daily.

>What's your target profit % per trade?
>Profit target
What is this? Swing trading?

>What time period do you trade at?
1minute charts for market open, 5 minute after 20ish minutes.

>How successful are you?
Breddy successful. Treading water, but definitely building up my cushion although I'm far from ready to pay myself.

tradingview.com/chart/, it's free.

In terms of % profit / trade I was thinking along the lines of hitting a certain profit and getting out consistently, because that's safer than trying to time the actual peaks and selling then. For example, I've been going for around 5%. If you don't think that's a lot, plug 5% into a compound interest chart and be prepared to be amazed.

MACD, RSI, Michio Kaku cloud, meme lines

Making $10 with every $100 move. So far it has worked out flawlessly.

this -60 wtf are you doing risk-reward ratio you mofo

Wake up losers, it's time to day trade.

Alright lets cut to the chase: How much do you make a week/month with daytrading?

Enough to feed eleven niggers.

Which software do you guys recommend for analysing? Im in Europe, if that makes any difference.

You can start with .

Except you don't stop working when you're on UBI. At least most people don't. So this configuration will still be plugged in to an electric source.

So if a bucket of KFC is like 10$, around 220$?