Veeky Forums commands an army against Napoleon

Armies are about same size, 150,000 men. Equipment about the same. Open field, minimal terrain, river to the back of the opposing army's rear with a bridge. Best case scenario would be to drive the opposing army to opposite side of river or to cause a rout. Napoleon has his artillery at the ready. How would you engage this legendary commander? Would you win?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kWjkqw7SeRI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Veeky Forums commands an army against Napoleon.
>army destroys itself as officers debate about Communism, Nazism, the Holocaust, fearing warriors from a certain race, the race of Ancient Egyptians, telling /pol/ to get out.

Did the Corsican fear the Veeky Forums warrior?

I build trenches and fortifications and summon Charles II of Spain to command my forces. Then, I go alone to cuck Napoleon and fuck Josephine

We would literally be like that time the Austrians attacked their own army because Magyars, Gypsies, and Vlachs can't keep their shit together.

Summon George Washington and challenge Napoleon to 5 v 5 deathmatch
youtube.com/watch?v=kWjkqw7SeRI

In a pitched battle? No goddamn chance. Hell, I don't give any non-napoleonic wars general in history a chance. MAYBE in a prolonged campaign, with modern guerilla tactics and asymmetric warfare operations, Veeky Forums would stand a chance, particularly if some of the autists from /sg/ got on board.

If we're allowed to develop tech with a solid budget, Napoleon has a year tops before chemical warfare shits all over him.

I immediately defect to Napoleon's side. It would be an immense honor to fight under the command of one of history's greatest heroes.

>Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars in a nutshell

>op tech with a solid budget, Napoleon has a year tops before chemical warfare shits all over him.
Withdraw and link up with British allies.

Continentals get out.

Fucking hell, need to stop highlighting random bullshit.

I would lube up my ass and present it with the greatest humility ever seen, and hope to receive his seed and carry his child
No homo though

>wanting to fight the rightful Emperor of Europe

I defect instantly to his side you beady eyed anglo.

Just attack his unguarded right flank!

There aren't enough people playing pipe and fife for that

>redraw and seek a better terrain

in a slugging match between two evenly matched armies the victory goes to the one with the better moral and more often than not the one with the better luck

I will not risk the war on a fair fight

Napoleon would be a fearsome enemy, but he has one glaring weakness- he was dumb to order his men to advance in a straight line.
I'd break my men into small squads and order my men to use cover. Combined with concentrated artillery fire, combined arms and, if time is on my side, foxholes and other fortification works, I could make short work of the so called "genius."

>I'd break my men into small squads
And get absolutely BTFO by allowing him to engage your forces piecemeal, there's a reason jaegers and other light skirmishing infantry aren't the majority of an army in that period

>there's a reason light skirmishing infantry aren't the majority of an army in that period
Yes, and that was because the 18th line was too ingrained in tactical thought. My asymmetrical formations would prevent him from being able to bring his full strength to bear down on the battle's tipping point. Combined with masses artillery fire he'd be defeated in hours.
Total War kiddie.

You've only got muskets not machine guns. Your isolated squads will be mopped up by cavalry.
I'm not fighting him on an open field. Wanting a fair fight is a babby tier mistake. Using my modern knowledge about disease I will attempt to infect his army with something nasty, using specially trained germ riddled whores

Who said you could bring your mother along?

those tactics wouldnt work by themselves with the weapons of the era. Breaking your enemy into small squads risks them getting utterly crushed by superior weight of fire or ripped to pieces with cavalry.

Combined arms in small units doesnt really work in the same way when you need to send runners or wave flags to communicate. Likewise a couple squads or muskets with a squad of cavalry and a cannon would get utterly smashed by an infantry unit outside of some pretty niche enviroments.

Disorganised skirmishers get eaten by cavalry. Skirmishers of the era would either try and form a square themselves or run to the refuge of a line infantry unit.

The tactics you are describing dont work with the technology of the period.

Day 5401 on Veeky Forums: people still think that the great grandpa was a fucking retard who enjoyed marching in a condensed line along his mates, despite artillery fire, because he liked the sound of drums.

Day 5402 on Veeky Forums retards have no idea now infantry tactics of the 19th century and earlier operated but still give their opinion on it.

kek

Day 5402 on Veeky Forums: retards have no idea how infantry tactics of the 19th century and earlier operated but still give their opinion on it as fact.

>no reading sarcarsm

Good job, user.

didn't come across as sarcasm mate

> because he liked the sound of drums.

I put a total of 7 words to give you a hint though.

the whole tone of your post, followed by the fact it was part of an argument that had serious posts in it.
sorry but I don't think a regular person would look at that and say that you obviously wrote all this ironically

BECAUSE HE LIKED THE SOUND OF DRUMS. DOES NOT MEAN HE LIKES GETTING KILLED.

Wtf man, I'm completely external to the debate too, was just making fun of the guy you were replying to.

>find steep hill
>Put artillery on top
>Put all my infantry on the hill
>incline allows my artillery and every row of infantry to fire at once
>wait
He doesn’t stand a chance against my noob strats

>mfw camping in Total War Fall of the Samurai with arty on my side

>Implying the great Napoleon would be caught off guard by a shogun 2 strat.

>implying I wouldnt defect and offer to suck his dick every day
Vive la France you perfidious Anglos, Asiatic Slavs, and eternal Huns

You didn’t say how he would counter it.

i withdraw and look for more favorable terrain to try and offset the disparity of troop quality between his grand armee and my conscript force.

if retreat was not an option i just order a general advance then escape and flee to america while everyone dies because such an awful battlefield means my certain and abject doom.

You literally described the Austrian strategy at Austerlitz.

The Austrians and Russians attacked at Austerlitz, the fuck are you on about?

He coaxed them into attacking and leaving the Pratzen heights.

What part of
>wait
Doesn’t make sense to you?