Coffee beans are a great business they said

pic related: discuss non crypto biz

fuck if I made 5 cents for every cup of coffee sold I would be a fuckin billionaire

easy money

so we get a stake in this coin?, which exchange is it on?

cup of coffee is more than gas unless you get it at a gas station, how about that.

Just like Filmmaking, the money is in Distribution not in production.

CHASE THE MARGIN.

nice just bought 100k coffees

A zero prostitution app called büber where girls would come by and show you your tits and it would work like uber

because he has to pay $3000 per month for rent. stupid article.

Why would I pay to see my own tits?

As a customer do you get to pick who your flasher is? Or is it just the nearest pair of boobs?

How will you work out the selection process?

How do customers confirm they actually saw the boobs? What if you get a non-flasher?

How do you deal with customers taking sneaky photos which disincentives your flashers?

It's like Tinder, but for people who want to fight.

kek didn't see that.

>pretend to be all loving commie
>acquire the means of production
>become head of state
>take it all for yourself
>price hike it to shit giving 'rations' to people who have been brainwashed to be part of your system and can't leave
>when you've harvested enough say fuck it, abolish state, become king of new anarcho land
>gainz

bro you aren't buying coffee beans. If you _did_ buy just coffee beans, it wouldn't cost $4 a cup, it would only be a few cents.

You are paying for the brand and all the retarded teenage employees.

that

Because of middle men.

About 20g off roasted coffee in a double espresso. To the cafe (assume high quality coffee) this is around 50c. To the roaster it is about 15c. To the importer it is about 10c. Local gov't, milling station, etc take about 3c. Would end up being about 7 to the farmer. Of course, the bulk of the cost of a milk drink is the milk (about 40c-1.20 depending on size). And this coffee has to pay for the wages, overhead, and small profit for everyone involved.

If you have a better way, feel free - loads of people would be happy to pay less for the same thing. Of course, you don't and no one else does either. But it's fun to complain and feel like you are in on some secret.

>If you have a better way, feel free - loads of people would be happy to pay less for the same thing.
Kek, good point! unless one can figure out how to micro-hydroponically grow coffee on-site. Which don't get me wrong would be a great "disruptive innovation" everybody will keep taking their cut, and the market is still willing to pay them for it.
After all, those beans travel over more seas and highways than a Contiki Tour to get into your fucking cup.

people can already buy coffee beans from a store much cheaper than a coffee shop, but they're still in business because they provide service people are more than willing to pay for
there's nothing stopping anyone making their own coffee and putting it in a flask, yet they still buy much more expensive cups from coffee shops

true.
Just like restaurants.
Like every pleb-level business book will tell you, people go to Starbucks for the "experience". People could grind their own beans, make their own coffee, but because of a series of motivators that might include:
>convenience
>ease
>Breaks up their day
>'Experience'
>Quality (depending on the vendor)
>Narcissism
they buy it at the cafe

Communists are the fucking worst. Only a communist would complain about the farmer getting paid a portion of the product that wouldn't even exist under communism.

>muh experience

Starbucks has like 5 stores in all of Brazil, and they're mostly in airports and such. Their business model simply does not fly in here because coffee is a big part of our history and we sure as fuck know no amount of pretty italian words and powdered cinnamon will make it worth $5 a cup.

Every somewhat big city I've been to in europe and asia has a starbucks at every corner and it just baffles me. To us, you're all getting cucked a very basic and inexpensive drink.

>FT
>communists
Uh, user…

But yeah, this complaint is bullshit, if you are just going to focus on the discrepancy between farmer and coffee shop. If their marketing is true, Starbuck is even paying their farmers more than the world market would, so that they get their ""fair"", ""premium"" beans.

>people can already buy coffee beans from a store much cheaper than a coffee shop, but they're still in business because they provide service people are more than willing to pay for
And this right there is the only thing that matters.
Apparantly enough people are happy with the service they provide and the price they ask for it, so that demand gets filled. Economy 101.

>To us, you're all getting cucked a very basic and inexpensive drink.
Just you wait…
Was (and still is, compared to cities like NY, London or fucking Vancouver where the city center is 90% starbucks) the same in Germany, but at some point enough people got convinced of the "experience" and the marketing and the brand so that we now have quite a few in the big cities.
Apparently, it is cool to be seen with a huge starbucks cup.
Why? don't know. It's the same as with any other ridiculous low-price status symbol, such as certain fashion items (Micheal Koors bags, iphones).

>>muh experience
Yeah i don't get it either.

>Every somewhat big city I've been to in europe and asia has a starbucks at every corner and it just baffles me.
I think that's for the tourists and internationals. I never drink at Starbucks in my home country, I go for the most hipsteresque cafes I can find (gotta look for the most waxed moustache you can find. Then you know it's the kind of twat who takes coffee as serious bussiness), but when I was in Budapest I went to Starbucks because at least I knew what I was getting (as shit as it is) and the menu wasn't in Hungarian.

Because of all the stupid regulations and red tape that has no become mandatory, those people need to be paid, plus high minimum wage etc...