Hindustan thread

Threads for the Hindustanis.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saka
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivory_carved_tusk_depicting_Buddha_life_stories
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nice try Mohammad, but it's called Bharat.

this is now a sea land thread
>countries that actually exist

prove it

Woops, but still relevant since it is a part of subcontinent of south asia.

By hindustanis you mean the incompetent Asians right?

Would the indo-greek buddhists have conquered the world had it not been for the scythians?

did the greeks have a long lasting effect in areas like Gujurat? my parents are from that region

>would x have happened?
No.
No. The sakas had much more influence in NW india, and the greek kingdoms were situated in the punjab.

>The sakas
these guys? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saka

Indo scythians I mean. The Huna calendar is still used for religious ceremonies. Greek art influenced later indian sculptures and depictions of the buddha.
It's kinda funny. Later era indo greek coins and statues had stuff like artemis being depicted with indian anklets and stuff.

my dad would often talk about Gujarat being ruled by Greeks for a time or being close with Greek kingdoms, but he never went into details
from what I've researched, my family name is likely Persian in origin so my background is kind of nuts

I mean, you could be a parsi. Punjab was the part of the subcontinent that was largely ruled by greeks, although the port of barauch was part of the indo greek kingdom as well.

he says he has a family tree extending pretty far back, i'm going to have to bug him to dig it out
at the risk of doxing myself
my father's last name is Amin, my mom's maiden name was Shah

Your parents could very well be parsi immigrants who eventually mingled with the local community.

well i don't think they are the immigrants
my father grew up on a large family farm that i think had been in the family for a few generations

I mean parsis in india had been around for centuries.

did the parsis often convert?
i'm reading online they were practicing zoros that fled persia

Canada is already a Chinese colony. And even if it were to fall out of Chinese hands the Filipinos are on standby to assume direct control.

>afghanistan
I love you mark

not very often.

>This kills the Hindustani

>did the greeks have a long lasting effect in areas like Gujurat? my parents are from that region
Nope. The lighter areas in the map you see were taken out after 80 years by mainland kings. but this is more likelier. the time of the Huns in Bharat is short (30ish years) before they were kicked out but some tribes stayed to settle down i.e jaats, gujjars and memeputs

probably not

kek

afghanistan used to be buddhist and was considered part of the bharat until the islamic conquest iirc.

im not condoning the wewuzzers talking about >muh21stcenturyakhandbharat;) but there is a historical context of it

>war between China and India starts
>their diasporas both chimp out on each other in Canada, America and Australia
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A elephant tusk depicting the life of Buddha.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivory_carved_tusk_depicting_Buddha_life_stories

diaspora is cancer

A Harappan priest head dated to be between 2700-2000 BC.

Khajuraho Monuments.

The Chandela dynasty, who made these temples firmly believed in the Tantric school of thought. The gist of which, is that their needs to be perfect balance between the male and female.

The beliefs were that men hold the physical form while women contain the 'energy' or soul if you want to call it. Only together could they reach unity.

The Tomb of Bibi Jawindi, built in the 15th century in Pakistan by a princelet from Iran for the great granddaughter of a famous poonjabi (Sufi) saint. Over time, the tomb has severely deteriorated, and is under the stewardship of various conservation groups.

This is the Rani ki vav (Queen's Stepwell). It was built as a memorial to the 11th century AD king Bhimdev by his widowed mourning queen, Udayamati, of the Chaulukya dynasty. .

t has about a length of seven storeys with all of seven of these storeys being carved with around 500 sculptures all together. All of the sculptures were formed to represent humans, kings, demons and gods with the main theme circling around the ten incarnations of Vishnu.

another side pic

those are all sandstone right?

Kangra fort. One of the oldest surviving forts in the world that's been passed back and forth between Rajputs, Turks, Sikhs and Gurkhas. Alexander of Macedon nicknamed it the "Invincible Kangra" in his war records and it's nearly true because it's always been a bitch to siege. Even Akbar with hordes of soldiers and state of the art technology failed to take it two millennia later.

Although his son Jahangir took over it nearly a decade after (but even with 17th century cannons it still took him 14 months to conquer)

Hampi.

Once one of the largest cities in the world it remains in the modern age as an entire city preserved of nice displays of native (South Indian) Hindu art and architecture on an urban level. It's like opening up a window to the past desu.

Jain temples are usually pretty cool.

The Ellora caves. It was one of the first examples in mixing in the expressions of three major religions of the sub-continent: Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism. Not intentionally however. It started out with Hinduism and melted into the other two later.

It started being made around 550 BC and had three eras. Hinduism, Buddhism and finally a Hindu/Jain mix.

A common example of Indo-Persian art. You see it more in N-W states desu.

Hampi.

Once one of the largest cities in the world it remains in the modern age as an entire city preserved of nice displays of native (South Indian) Hindu art and architecture on an urban level. It's like opening up a window to the past.

can't even imagine how many hours that must have taken..

WE

Unironically wouldn't mind this.

The only thing that India gets out of this is triple the number of Muslims

Exks dee

Pakistan is better prove me wrong
>Hindus valley civilization was in Pakistan
>Pakistan knows how to poo in loo
>Hindus are mixed with black aboriginal savages

Pakistan has mastered the white man's mysterious loo technology
Pakistan has tamed the loo witch within and without one's self
Pakistan now poos in loo in peace on behalf of one's self and for the welfare of the world

Pakistan has made its peace with the loo witch
Superpower by 2034*

*give or take 5 years