Cause of White Supremacy?

>The United Daughters of the Confederacy, also known as the UDC, is a American hereditary association of Southern women established in 1894. The stated purposes of the organization include, among other things, the commemoration of Confederate soldiers, and one of its main activities has been the funding of the erection of monuments to these men; this and the organization's treatment of the Confederacy as heroic and slavery as harmless along with its promotion of the Lost Cause movement
>The Lost Cause of the Confederacy, or simply the Lost Cause, is a literary and intellectual movement that describes the Confederate cause as a heroic one against great odds despite its defeat. The beliefs endorse the virtues of the antebellum South, viewing the American Civil War as an honorable struggle for the Southern way of life,while minimizing or denying the central role of slavery. While it was not taught in the North, aspects of it did win acceptance there and helped the process of reunifying American whites.
>In 1896, the organization established the Children of the Confederacy to teach the same values to the younger generation, through a mythical depiction of the Civil War and Confederacy designed to rewrite history. According to DuRocher, "Like the KKK's children's groups, the UDC utilized the Children of the Confederacy to impart to the rising generations their own white-supremacist vision of the future."

>Literally a bunch of rich white women got together and rewrote Confederate history which created today's white supremists
>Are you fucking kidding me?
How accurate is this? I am taking it with a grain of salt since a very radical Liberal friend told me about this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sogdia#Sogdian_merchants.2C_generals.2C_and_statesmen_of_Imperial_China
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think it’s white superiority that is the ultimate cause of white supremacy. Just look at Persia, Rome, Greece etc.

I am talking about the current rise of White supremacy in the US. I thought Andrew Johnson basically fucked everything up, turns out it might be these old ladies.

Overall pretty accurate.

All the talk about the statues being "heritage not hate" is bullshit because the people selected for the confederate statues were very deliberate. Any confederate general that supported reconstruction would not have a memorial.

Case in point, James Longstreet, Lee's right hand man after Jackson and the best Corp Commander of the war, had 0 statues until 1998. That year the National Park put up a statue of Longstreet at Gettysburg. This statue is the only confederate memorial at Gettysburg, but also the first confederate statue that was not funded by the UDC, the KKK, or its offshoots. Later, a Longstreet statue was erected in his hometown of Gainesville.

Why? Because Longstreet supported reconstruction, and later led a militia that included blacks to help put down an insurrection in New Orleans. For this, the UDC would write Longstreet out of his victories, and blame Gettysburg on him instead of Lee.

>current rise of White supremacy in the US
the degenrate baby-boomers are dying off and the gen-xer's are talking the reins. As of such, they have different ideas from their parents who wanted to import and legislate all of their problems away. Which means a return to western and american values like the white man's burden, actual capitalism, and infrastructure. As for the statues, reflection is a big part of western society, just think of the Romans who stared at carthage burning, and wondered if Rome would one day be razed to its foundation. The reflection of that act prevented it from happening.

>I am talking about the current rise of White supremacy in the US.

>white ppl r evil
>no
WHITE SUPREMACY ON THE RISE

Their efforts were a big contributor to the later culture of American white supremacy, but the UDC were more interested in preserving their status as an aristocracy, and focused their efforts on glorifying and immortalizing Confederate officers who just so happened to be their husbands, fathers, or brothers.

It was white supremacy if you only counted rich southerners descended from southern military and social elites. That their influence eventually spread to whites of poor or northern backgrounds who happened to look down on blacks wasn't as intentional.

Does Greece and Persia count as white?
But yeah Rome definitely was.

>the evil white new world order tricked the other whites into being racist

>reflection is a big part of western society
except it wasn't reflection, it was a downright rewrite
Ehh, probably worded that wrong. Current status would be more accurate. White supremacy does exist though.
>the evil white new world order tricked the other whites into being racist
Well if you call rewriting history and lying to their children "tricking". Sure.

M8, what are you talking about. The roots of white supremacy in the US is the reality of white superiority.

Zoroastrian civilization: white
Christian civilization: white
Hellenistic civilization: white
Syro-mesopotamian civilization: white
Punic culture: white
Israelite culture: white
Greco-Bactrian culture: white
Vedic Aryan culture: white
Margiana cultures: white
Pre-Turkic Tarim Basin cultures: white
Pre-hunnic, pre-mongolic, pre-Turkic Eurasian steppe cultures: white

>White supremacy does exist though.
What do you specifically see white supremacy as? Cultural/behavioral? Is it white supremacist to tell people to act white or do things the white man's way?
Is it white supremacist to value white features over other features?

the soldiers were that enthusiastic about their generals. In fact, there generals surrendered before their men did.

They were upper class women, not evil, and were part of an old world order fearing the new, and weren't interested in tricking other whites but gathering with their social peers to maintain their rights, wealth, and privileges.

The tricking other, poorer and unrelated whites came later under a generation that grew up with UDC backed publications once the children and grandchildren of UDC founders gained power, and needed to keep power once earlier disenfranchisement efforts were steadily defeated and repealed.

>current rise of white supremacy in the US
It's not rising at all, you're just hearing a lot more of it because retards in the media keep giving them attention.

The belief that a white man's skin color is altogether superior to another. m8 wtf are you talking about? You think I am talking about it demographically?

What am I missing? Oh yes

Egyptian civilization: white
Moorish culture: white

I explained it here.... I worded it wrong... When I meant rise, I meant status or publicity not an actual growth in membership.

Well, if you're talking about status, then it's mostly due to all the shit that the recent election has stirred up.

Skin color is not the measure m8. Its more than that and you intuitively know who is white and who is not. Quadroons are white.

? Are you just listing white kingdoms? How does this prove White supremacy? Indian Kingdoms Sassanian, Seljuks, Han, Mali, Ottomans... What is the point of this?

I know that, but people legitimately believe in that definition of white supremacy shit even though... like u said "Skin color is not the measure m8."

You literally just copy pasta'd that from the will article. How accurate is Lost Cause Revisionism? About as accurate as saying the only cause of the war was slavery, when we can just look at the declarations of secession and Cornerstone speech to identify all the different issues the South were complaining about and for which they seceded , which where about
>Slavery
>Southern heritage
>States rights
>Racism
All of this is included whether people want to project their own modern ideology on to the issue or not

good thing some niggers came to tell us about this conspiracy huh? Guess were better start tearing down all the statues now? Iconoclasm is retarded, the idols of normal humans that you don't agree with do not cause people to become evil. You'd have better luck with tearing down every church in this country, then getting it to step on some of the most idolized national figures in this country's history. And banning free-speech in pursuit of ending 'white supremeacy' failed completely in weimar germany where it happend, so you'd probably lead to another political age of totalitarianism in support of white people.

You're being a fucking asshole and refusing to get down to specifics.What does "white man's skin color" mean? Your image just refers to "white people". It doesn't say whether white features or ehite culture being valued over others is white supremacy.

White people should be silently accepted as being dominant. Other races should have a full rights and an equal playing field. Obviously in this situation non-white Eurasians (East Asians, Indians) will thrive blacks will not because they cannot compete.

>The belief that a white man's skin color is altogether superior to another.
>Race is just skin color meme

WE

Sassanians are white
Ottomans are white
Seljuks were mixed Asian and white.
Indian kingdoms are more complicated, some early ones had a white Kshatriya class, others had a white-ish Kshatriya class, others were very Dravidian even in the ruling class.

The fuck Mali? Wasn’t that dominated by Arab/Berber métis?

Christ... Can you guys just read the answer to this
It is not something I believe, but other people truely believe since they are white that they are superior. I don't believe it and I think such a belief is retarded, but some other radicals do. ffs. I don't know how their minds work.

> Guess were better start tearing down all the statues now?
He didn't said that retard. Stop projecting. What there is there, it is just an explanation of those statues.
>wili
wiki actually. and there are textbooks around u can just google image to see and make a judgment for yourself. So far from what I read... they are really romantic on what the south was... Literally "then the fire nation attacked"

>He didn't said that retard
I heard that whole argument on VOX you sone of a bitch I will fucking burn you faggots alive in front of your bitch families like its the KKK if you disprect me you cunt.

Is this a meme I am not getting... Literally are u copying that guy that said Mozart was black?

>VOX
>Actually watching that leftest garbage'
>Why were u watching it?
That actually explains where my friend brought it up.
>I heard that whole argument on VOX you sone of a bitch I will fucking burn you faggots alive in front of your bitch families like its the KKK if you disprect me you cunt.
kek is this a meme or are u underage?

All but 2 of those are white...

>what? there are soldiers in this world???
you're all so fucking dead. Heather Heyer was teh best day of my fucking life. All you cretins slither around looking for some sore to pick, then you tell everyone to pick at it, when its not a sore at all is actually a beautiful work of art. The purge for your filth will be just as tragic and beautiful as the vietnam fucking war. You fucking excuse of a living creature on God's green earth.

>Heather Heyer
Literally who?
Are you Alex Jones? You are trying to pick a fight with the wrong guy, I am in no way leftist,

Why are you ignoring the Asian Kingdoms such as the Spice Kings and the Chinese ones? Mali basically was so rich it destabilized the world's economy when he visited Egypt

Please read about the Sogdian influence on Tang culture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sogdia#Sogdian_merchants.2C_generals.2C_and_statesmen_of_Imperial_China

>There are textbooks around
I'm well aware. Yes, the South blames the North for the war. They always did, ever since the beginning. It was called the War of Northern Aggression even back then.

FPBP.

Depends on how you divide it.
If Greeks are white, then so should Persians (and Levantines for that matter), they're roughly the same skin tone (Persians/Iranians are actually lighter in my experience).
But it used to be, especially in the US, white = Britain, Germany, Scandinavia. Poles and Irish weren't considered white for some ridiculous reason while in Brazil, Arabs and Greeks were.

Did sogdians made that portrait?

Kek I grew up in the south and no one does this shit.

Probably because all that happened a century ago, not a decade ago.

>Race is just skin color

>they're roughly the same skin tone (Persians/Iranians are actually lighter in my experience).
lol, go look for iran videos, many of them are brown

I would hardly describe a nation that goes from 87% to 56% of white population in just 50 years a white supremacist nation.

If the U.S. are truly governed and oriented by and in a white supremacist way well they are not doing this great job desu.

Also Andrew Jackson best president ever
Fuck banks and fuck native people

>Poles and Irish weren't considered white for some ridiculous reason
Loll yes they were, whites in general were more tribalistic back then. Even Italians were considered white, just swarthy shit tier whites.

>russian_president.png

It's half true. The UDC definitely whitewashed the confederacy and pushed the states' rights narrative. However (((historians))) play it up into some massive conspiracy to rewrite history which it really wasn't. My mother was a part of a local chapter when I was a kid and honestly it was just a social club for bored upperclass housewives. Then around the 90's the NCAAP ran out of things to be upset about so decided to focus on the UDC and protest everything they did. It became so obnoxious that my mother and most of her chapter just left and made a Daughters of the American Revolution chapter and carried on doing their community service stuff.

>le epic reconstruction man
Longstreet doesn't get statues everywhere because he was a literally who to a majority of southerners after the civil war. Most monuments focused on Lee, Davis, Jackson, and Stuart because they were either martyrs or a part of the CSA leadership while some states memorialize their favorite sons like Forrest, Hampton or Beauregard. To pretend that Longstreet was written out of history is such a pathetic argument. Johnston, Early and Hardee don't get any more memorials and they were just as important to the war cause as Longstreet. Longstreet wasn't even ostracized as much as historians pretend, he openly attended confederate reunions all the time.

>white supremacy
>public literally gets triggered by a flyer literally declaring “it’s ok to be white”

Yeah it’s like another Jim Crow out here OP

okay

>Indian kingdoms are more complicated, some early ones had a white Kshatriya class, others had a white-ish Kshatriya class, others were very Dravidian even in the ruling class.
No we were mixed from the beginning.

WE

Lol, just look at that pic, they are trying so hard

Longstreet is considerably more significant/memorable than the other examples you listed.

Johnston
> Led Army of Northern Virginia for a year, then transferred west and lost to Grant

Albert Sidney Johnston
> Died in his first battle

Early
> Division commander 41-43, obtained Corps command in April 1864, during the battle of the Wilderness.

Hardee
> Not part of Army of Northern Virginia

Longstreet
> Obtained Corps command under Johnston in April 62
> Commanded one of the 2 corps of the Army of Northern Virginia under Lee, the other commander was Jackson
> Remained a Corps commander from 7 days all the way to Appomattox, fought in every major Army of Northern Virginia battle and Chickamauga.

Arguably Longstreet did more than anyone except Lee. Jackson was his equal but he died in 63. Longstreet's "flaw" was that he didn't die in battle and became a scalawag post war.

> Longstreet wasn't even ostracized as much as historians pretend, he openly attended confederate reunions all the time.

He wasn't ostracized by his peers, but lost causers blamed everything on him after Lee died, from Gettysburg to not finishing off the Union army at Chancellorsville. Jeb Stuart doesn't get half the flak despite missing Gettysburg altogether.

>from 87% to 56% of white population in just 50 years a white supremacist nation.

you are aware that this is a half-truth right?

50 years ago the census had "caucasian",

>Latinos
>Arabs
>Indians/Pakistani's/Afghans
>Persians
>Turks,

were all classified as "white/caucausian" by the census, though the definitions of "whiteness" varied depending on location.

Even today they have some defintion of "white/Hispanic" because that's what a lot of hispanic's identify as, "white".

It's because they were catholic.

How many of them secretly lusted for the BBC?

what you all are getting at here is that the concept of whiteness is pretty modern, and for a lack of a better term, constructed. the greeks/levantines/persians/romans had more in common with each other during antiquity and the middle ages than they did with atlantic europe

whiteness and european identity really develops during the late middle ages and with interaction with the islamic other

Even Germans and Swedes were considered non-white in the US at some point

You do not have BBC and you never will little roach.

I think it morphed into what you describe in part due to organizations like NAACP and the civil rights movement basically sucking the steam out of it.

It was a somewhat different organization in the late 19th early 20th century, and took part in the general whitewashing of the confederacy/south-during-the-civil-war, with shit like "Gone With The Wind" basically having an incredibly selective memory, effectively creating a highly romanticized narrative that "the confederacy dindu nuffin, muh states rights", while rambling incoherently about shit and ignoring that the Confederacy lost in 1862 when New Orleans was captured and the Union had put in place the infrastructure to replace much of what the confederacy had seized/units that had defected to the confederacy..

First of all, "white" is mostly a hispanic colonial term that the filthy heretical anglo culturally appropiated when it was never ment to refer to him
Second, American (and to a lesser extent overall germanic) race autism is unprecedented both in its pettyness as in its stupidity
Several american whites live in fear of the dark other, to the point of systematycally persecuting the other on open civilian campaigns of terror, and then they have the gall to spew shit about impending degeneracy
Funny thing is, in the vast majority of those places where the dominating white population turned into a minority, there were no persecutions nor genoicides directed against whites, to the point all of LA still retains a white population, regardless of the class and racial problems that do exist, and in the cases where there was persecution, it was mostly fomented by intestine conflicts amongst the very own whites, like the criollos having the spaniards killed and expulsed during several independence wars through the continent.

No they weren't. Ben Franklin calling them swarthy isn't the same as them being classified non white.