Survive years of war

>survive years of war
>coincidentally die in a car crash after it ended and after saying that germany did nothing wrong

>Drive like a fucking idiot
>Die
If he was deployed to Japan maybe he could have survived using the skills of Kansai Dorifto

What did he survive?

He was a general making decisions in a heated office that would result in the deaths of thousands of men.
He was a coward.

still is a higher target could have been assassinated or bombed

he was a captain in ww1 and basiically in the first tank battallions the US had.

>survive years of war
How many US generals died in WWII?

About 40 out of 1100

>Nearly 1,100 U.S. Army generals served at some point during World War II, and of those about 40 died during or immediately following the war. Not all were in combat units, and some were not in enemy territory when they died.

>assassinated
life is not like anime.

maybe OP meant the first world war which Patton fought in and was wounded. Also, why was he a coward? Most all British and American general officers led from the rear. troll post prolly and a stupid OP but whatever

>life is not like anime
What do you mean?

he wasn't driving.

When I went to American cemetery in Normandy there were a few generals buried there. They all died in June/July '44 which typically indicates a gruesome and violent end.

He didn't say
>Germany dindu muffin
you retarded faggot. He wanted to invade the Soviet Union after Berlin was captured. Just because he said that he didn't like soviet soldiers raping German women doesn't mean that he suddenly became a Nazi

so a 3% chance of dying damn so dangerous!

Thanks.
But
>Not all were in combat units, and some were not in enemy territory when they died.
They died of old age or what?

I dont know how they died. Records are kept of all KIA, especially officers, but how well those records are kept/organized or whether they even survive at all is dodgy at best. If anyone is left at all to give first hand testimony they surely wont be in the next 5-10 years. I dont think many people anticipated a future where someone would call George Patton a coward, people would be bored enough to respond to such an idiotic statement and the resultant "debate" would require casualty reports of high ranking officers from the war.

You can read about Teddy Roosevelt Jr., who earned a Medal of Honor and could've easily died on the beaches but instead died "peacefully" a month or so later of a heart attack. I dont think his bravery can be reasonably doubted.

I didn't say Patton was a coward or something, I justa wanted some stats. It's just stange that (several) US generals died when not in enemy territory, because US forces had a total control of air/land zones where no direct fight was involved.

>he doesnt know

Patton fought in Mexico and WW1 as others have noted. That being said, Patton stood out from his contemporaries as he was very commonly on the front lines. He wasn't a top down commander by any means and this is well documented. Patton loved being at the front because of his maneuver heavy strategies.

>He was a coward
Man, I hate it when liberals think they can use conservative terms like this and be taken seriously.
You don't give two shits about bravery Captain Problematic.

>liberal
>conservative terms

Imagine letting identity politics dictate your life this hard

idiot

Only 0.65% of American soldiers deployed in Vietnam died.

Hundreds of thousands were maimed
People expect to see coffins. No one wants to look at the wounded veteran.

Could be things like artillery. I know there was one guy in the Pacific that was killed by Japanese arty.