Your First Crypto Mistake

Tell me biz,

What was that first mistake you made when you first bought into crypto.

Did you FOMO in and panic sell. Or did you hold bags in the hopes of a 100x ICO only to see below ICO prices now.

I bought in at the August high but luckily managed to not panic sell, and thankfully am doing pretty good now (10% total gain, fkn better than 50% loss tho).

wbu?

Other urls found in this thread:

tellawallet.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Saw ETH rising fast
>FOMO bought
>it ended up being the ATH

I HODL'd it and have since bought the dips to try and make a profit out of it. Learning from my mistakes.

Sold like 50 ETH at $50

i did everything wrong for the BCH fork, didn't accumulate BTC at all, sold my 1 BCH at the worst time, then purchased 10 BCH at $800, eventually sold at $600. Not a HUGE fuck up, but man I was so mad at myself. Prob fucked up 10% of my portfolio that week

> Got money back from BTC-E (new name: WAX) after goverment shutdown
> Get half of my funds as BTCE "Tokens" - they are valued at 50% of the btc price and the site owners said they will buy back tokens 1:1
> So I bought 2 BTCE tokens for 1 BTC to double my BTC
> 1 day after buying the website owners release a statement that it will take 1-2 years to pay people back
> price crashes 20%
> Read about the segwit2X fork in november realising that this could end up in a flippening and then I would have worthless Bitcoin Core BTC.
> Buy btc back at 20% loss

Also bought high in august, but I also lost about half my stack going 50/50 on stox and ripple right before they crashed as well. I made it all back going all in on LINK though

Being lazy and not just spending £100 on BTC when I first heard about it.

Now I have 0.15 and no chance to make gains. Still gonna try, though.

Not holding my ETH i bought at 2$
Also, trying to daytrade as a rookie

Bought DGB

Sold neo at low, bought dast at high.

Saw some crypto website being shilled on here that said to buy wtc. said fuck it and bought wtc. doubled my stack :D

no mistakes, feels good

This

Selling eth for 45 usd.

Bought it for 9 usd.

Seriously.

"Oh, I have to download software...? Oh... I could get a PIZZA."

Fuck me in the face, I deserve it.

Thought I could beat hash Ocean ponzi before they dipped. Only made about half back before the exit.

Didnt sell ARK at ath

>Sold at the dip a coin because I panicked.
>Bought almost ath another but still having the bag, selling it low again would've been even worst.

Who cares I started with lunch money so they were not big losses and those were errors of youth, I would rather say that everyone should make them and it's better getting burned at the beginning than later, it's constructive.

What is a "bag"? I've heard it around.

Is it just something you want to get rid of?

>0,15 and no chance to make gains
You're not gonna make with 0,15 BTC anyway so I would rather study the most understimated coin and gamble on them.

I sold nearly everything
Including 50 NEO at 350k sats.. Bitcoin was at 2700usd

No pre aug moon
No free bch
No aug moon

JUST

That is my intention. I'm going to research a bit more, then go to bittrex and spread it out between 2-3. I may make another BTC buy and then do it, but the BTC price right now is just too much.

>bought dgb at 250 sats
>Panic sold DGB at 700 sats
>it moons to 2k, buy back in
>Stuck holding the bag ever since
>Coin has flatlined, all profits erased.

Then I repeated the same exact sequence with DNT

I'm taking this Wojak. Now you have lost THAT, too!

Sold 20 neo for LRC. Currently down 37% on the purchase

Let's say that you buy a coin at a high price and then the price drop (usual for newfags during a pump&dump) and then the price won't go up again. Then with those coins you're holding a bag of bottlecaps. You can choose to ged rid of them at a lower price, making a loss, not thinking about it for the rest of your life and investing in something else, or wait probably forever that the price goes up again to make a profit.

That's what I thought. Thanks. I'm lurking.

I bought OMG at $14, Ark at $3,8 but at least i havent sold.

On another note i got memed by Veeky Forums into buying LINK and EBET. Hope its not a mistake

Got in early on 2 big pump and dumps and made a shit ton. I was fairly new at crypto and thought this would happen all the time and I got carried away and lost all my profits. Gained most of them back now. I guess I would say just don't get carried away and be patient.

Don't be shy with the specifics. We need to learn!

Go for coins with low market cap if you want to invest in the long terms, look at all of them, check the dev team, the updates on social or bitcointalks forum and buy something where the blockchain technology has a purpose of real application.
Remember that you lose money only when you sell. Just forget about them for months or set an alarm on Blockfolio to monitor when those coins will go up.

Don't know about ARK but OMG is a good buy, even at $14. It's going to do aneo

I quoted myself... jesus.. the reply was for:

>Start Bittrex account
>transfer BTC in
>top % gainers
>"Fuck yeah, free money"
>Buy Bitshares at near ATH
>Lose my fucking ass
>Keep pistol next to my computer even since

Biggest mistakes have always been due to this board.

>Bought LINK, sold it at below ICO price when I realized it was a sham
>Bought OMG at an ATH because "Apple is going to announce partnership at keynote." Just sold that today for a big loss.
>Got validated for Kyber but didn't buy in because you all said it was a sham with no real product.
>Tried to buy FAP on EthereumDelta or whatever and lost 2 ETH because its a fucking broken system made to trick people

I don't know why I still come here.

>>Buy Bitshares at near ATH
What does this mean?

Oh I almost forgot fucking Avalon... Bought like $4k worth of that because of you assholes and I doubt I'll see any of that money again.

Isn't it normally the case anywhere that once it's being talked about it's too late?

Buying NEO

10k SIGT

>Bought DGB, Reddcoin, BAT, and Siacoin when I first started trading shitcoins
>When they dipped I panicked and sold
>Ended up losing 50% in two days

Luckily that was only 50% of $500.

Since then I've been riding the Neo, OMG, Ark, and Eth gravy trains. During dips I calmly hodl tight, and occasionally buy more at the bottom. It's served me well

When EDG dropped like 25%, I lost 30% of my whole protofilo. Feels good man :)

Got caught in the original Antshares PnD.

Kept dollar cost averaging in as the price plumetted to ~200k sats. Immediately sold my bags when I broke even. Scalp traded ANS for 0.01 BTC profits at a time. Missed the 5x.

just

Signing up for this - FML

tellawallet.com/

started at the end of May, bought into the DGB shilling and was too stupid to sell when it started to drop on june 3rd

Sold too early. Could've x10 my initial investment in a week, but sold at 10% gain instead, because it was starting to dip as I thought.
That was PIVX by the way, I bought $500 of it in march or april for $0.12 per coin. At the time I didn't know anything about trading, but knew a little bit about crypto in general. I just bought what biz shilled to me.

Saved
In exchange I offer >pic rel

"investing" 7.5 BTC in some "cloudmining" service. Oh buy, was I stupid.

I actually bought 11k POSW at 22 cents.

Buying mooncoin.

I bought digibyte at $0.07 have wanted to kill myself everyday, but I'm too much of a pussy.

put everything into LTC in 2013 when it was at ATH

sold eth at $8

sold lisk right after the ICO

i bought siacoin because of the nigger shills here.
hows that coin doing btw you fucking niggers.
havent seen you shilling that shit for a while

So, to sum up: DON'T FUCKING BUY SHILLED COINS.

HINT: Buy every coin posted with pink wojaks on Veeky Forums

first crypto mistake. Listened to Veeky Forums

Not sure how you can even call that a mistake, that's still sick gains. I mean you could argue that sort of line indefinitely, "I sold my ETH for $320 but in 2019 it hit $3000! KILL ME!" it'll never end. Be proud of yourself, 5x profit is insane on any investment.

Here I am with my $265 ETH holding it waiting for an ATH to sell and I'll never get 5x like you did.

>Bought LINK, sold it at below ICO price when I realized it was a sham

It hasn't ever dropped below ICO yet

It was like 2400 LINK per ETH during ICO which is ~$0.10-0.125 at worst, its been like $0.15-0.20 on etherdelta ever since.

I misplaced the decimal point
Pic unrelated

Not zooming out the chart.

>that poem

really caused me to ponder