Holy shit i only need to make 20% a month

20% a month is fuck all in crypto markets, coins go up way more than that weekly.

If i can just go for 20% a month, this time next year ill be a millionaire.

And before anybody says 'it gets harder to get 20% with a larger stack of cash'

No it isnt, just split cash to appropriate amounts as to not create buy walls and focus on top 20 coins seperate buys on dips in anticipation of news and its so easy to get that 20% gain especially in a bull market and in the span of a month. This september i made two 20% gains in a shitty fud induced bear market.

If i do this, next time this year ill have 700k usd, convert to australian dollars and im pretty much at 900k AUD.

Brb buying a bmw m4
Brb buying a house in toorak (rich jew area)

Then live off of interest on the rest or invest back into crypto.

Were all gonna make it.

Instead of going for 20 a month, try for 1-1.5% per day. You can be a millionaire in 1 year with only a 5000 investment making 1.5% daily.

If you have greater than 5k to start, use the extra to try different trading strategies or ICOs, but stick with 1.5% daily with at least 4500 if you want to be a millionaire.

do you think you were the only overly optimistic kid to think this

Wow this is great advice too which i didnt really consider. Feels like you'd be leaving too much on the table though as if you are able to get a good dip buy you can possibly make 20% in a week

Your portolio can drop 50% in a day.

>And before anybody says 'it gets harder to get 20% with a larger stack of cash'
>No it isnt
That's objectively false. But given the logic you used in the rest of your post, I'm not going to waste my time explaining why.

You dont need to explain anything. I dont listen to sub humans with low iq, esp if theyre autistic

hahaha

fucking stay poor op, holy shit

Started with 3k

> tfw finished programming my trading bot that makes 1-2% or more a day

> tfw markets mooning but all my money is still tied up in shitcoin bags

Meh, I can wait.

My Walton tripled so I'm happy today.

Grats man, did you follow a similar strategy to mine?

shhhh

Mostly ico's desu

what made your portfolio go up so much in august?

then you don't have to make profit for a few days and such, could work

0x

>Feels like you'd be leaving too much on the table though as if you are able to get a good dip buy you can possibly make 20% in a week
Don't be greedy. Just take the damn money.

Just remember that potentials to make 20% off a big fluctuation also means there is probably and equal or greater chance due you to lose greater than 20% at a later time. Dumps do happen and they are not always predictable.

It's extremely tempting because it's so easy to make those returns with crypto , but I believe if you are just starting off and don't have a substantial amount of money yet, what I stated is the best course of action. It prevents you from being greedy or making rash decisions that may result in greater losses, possibly undoing weeks or months of good trades. 1.5 percent a day is completely manageable and trivial to do with a bit of experience and potential losses from day to day are minimal especially if you set stop losses.

So basically, take your 1.5 percent, set your stop losses, and log off the exchange and don't even look at charts until the next day. For this to work reliably, you need to trade alts only and only 'hold' btc for your profits. You can set stop losses against usdt if you really want.

Remember as a day trader, the price of a coin is largely irrelevant to you. As long as bitcoin doesn't significantly dip long term, you will always make money (in terms of fiat). The only goal is to buy low and sell higher. As long as you can increase your total sat value, you are successful.

You're going to lose all your money. Have a pistol ready.

I bet 30% of the time you are going to get stuck bag holding

Im already up 10k usd in a month since starting. Kill yourself faggot lmfao at your life pleb

How cute. I remember my first $20k/month.
Past experience does not influence future performance.

Do you just trade back to BTC when you make your profit target and then repeat the next day?

You can always set a stop loss for the 20% scalps as well though, buy the dips in anticipation for news has worked wonders for me as of late. Thanks for the info youve given me a new potential strategy

that shit doesnt scale, you cant just dump 900k on a shitcoin to get your daily 1% gains

Bagholding what, BTC? The idea is that 100% of your portfolio is in BTC unless you're making a trade to profit from. Learn to trade 1-5 minute candles using 15 minute candles to gauge entrypoints. For example when an altcoin at the bottom of a downswing and correcting on 1-5 minute charts, this is when you buy. Even the most stable coins fluctuate at rate of a few percent every few minutes/hours so it's fairly trivial to get 1.5% gains just once per day. You also have multiple opportunities per day to catch these swings. As soon as you reach this target percent, you sell the alt immediately back for BTC. You now have 1.5% more BTC than you started with.

If you employ this method properly you will never be holding bags. First of all with this method, you don't touch shitcoins or low volume coins. Generally anything in the top 20 on CMC with good daily trading volume is fair game, I pretty much exclusively only trade stuff like LTC, ETH, XMR, NEO, OMG etc.

Secondly, you can further prevent yourself from loss by setting stop loss orders. Generally you can just set your stop loss at -1.5-3% of what you bought in at, so if you fucked up your entry point you only stand to lose a day or two of trading gains maximum. This means that instead of losing 20%+ of your portfolio you only stand to lose a small percent instead. By trading solid, high volume coins you also mitigate the possibility of being dumped on since the general trend of these coins is to go up anyway. If you do end up hitting a stop loss and losing 1.5-3%, It only means that you have to try again later to recoup the loss by doing another trade, or instead just do an extra trade the following day to make up for the loss.

The more experience you gain from trading and following the markets you trade on, the less you make these mistakes and more mitigate these small losses.

Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I employ many different strategies but this is by far the most consistent, it just requires discipline. There's people with tens of thousands in crypto that are going for massive profit flips and wonder why they lose 30 percent of their portfolio overnight, or have barely made 2x their money in a year. If they had decided to be more conservative with their trades and put in a bit of work, they just don't realise 1% a day compounds exponentially. With this method it's not as contingent on news and actual happenings in the crypto realm. Following news and social media is probably one of the most important things in terms of minimizing losses and maximizing gains, and can be applied to almost every strategy, whether or not you are doing low profit or high profit trades.

Bear in mind guys that making like 3-7% in a year in real word investing is considered amazing. Being able to do this in a week or less is nothing to ignore, and is very doable if you can learn to ignore the risky 20%+ instant gratification gains.

One you reach higher numbers in the hundreds of thousands etc daily or higher you just need to split your 1.5% daily gains over multiple trades/time zones for the day, over multiple exchanges. It does scale and it's how most whales make their money, it just needs to be done methodically in a proper way as to not negatively impact the market with these larger trade figures. Most people does this volume of trading use bots because it's more intensive to do manually, bit sub 1 million dollars it's doable by hand.

well you can if you aint a pussy ass bitch

thanks for the input bro these kind of posts are the reason i browse Veeky Forums
Im currenty reading lots of stuff about crypto and developing my own strategy and i can already see similarities to yours

may the gains be with you friend

I've learned after making money and losing it fast is buy when the blood is on the floor, it's alot easier to buy a cheap coin where you KNOW what it was worth at one point weeks ago and yo can hope for a return to the ATH and get out instead of worrying if this coin will pump 2x or 20x.

>focus on the end not the means

> Introduction to Stochastic Calculus Applied to Finance by Lapeyre
> Stochastic Calculus for Finance II by Shreve
> Monte Carlo Methods in Financial Engineering by Glasserman
> Bayesian Data Analysis by Hall
> Dynamic Hedging by Taleb
> Methods of Mathematical Finance by Karatzas