Got a flag, need translation

Got a flag, need translation.
Thank you!!!

Found in my great grandfathers "war box" after he passed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HuqtOWDB0ZQ
youtu.be/HuqtOWDB0ZQ
youtu.be/UVhhu5OjMf8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Luck_Flag
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Fucku da American pigu.

Honestly this is pretty important dude. The Japanese believe that a Warrior's soul is held within the flag they carry with them. All of the writing is family members giving support. Many of them yearn for these flags to provide closure.

youtube.com/watch?v=HuqtOWDB0ZQ

Seriously. Get it translated and send it back. Obon Society is a great place to start.

"This flag belongs to the warrior within whom the old ways way have joined the new."

I don't speak Japanese, but it's all in Kanji so I can read most of it.

Top appears to say "celebrate and remember the certain victory"

The characters radiating out from the middle are names.

The center middle is a poem, having a bit of trouble reading the small text.

The two characters flanking is just "Certain victory"

A reasonable guess would be that it's a squad flag, with the names of the squad members written on it, which would make sense given the different handwriting in each of the names.

Best that this baka gaijin can do.

>peter....it was the jews...

Yeah, OP, try to return it before it's certain that everyone who fought with it is dead.

top is "prayer, certain victory".

bottom middle seems like names to me too

otherwise you're right

Pretty sure that's already the case. Not exactly many Japanese prisoners taken, and they must all be at least 95 by now.

i recognize those kanji OP i think it says something about "pleasure" and "ejaculation"

The pleasure of being cummed inside.

at very least it should be returned to the families. apparently they mean a lot to them too

You are right, I misread it.

Reading Kanji as a simplified only mainlander always feels weird, doubly so since this one actually goes right to left like old Chinese does.

was this flag even used by japan in ww2?

a chingu chongu myu dicku isa so smoru

These flags were sometimes sent with Japanese soldiers by their families in order to wish them good fortune. Your great grandfather probably looted this from a battlefield. You should return this to the descendants of whoever its original owner was.

Return the flag else nippono ghostu will poku u ritho dikku

keep it its cool

>Send it to their families to honour their soul.
How about his grandfather's soul when he captured the flag after having lost his comrades in Pearl Harbour and countless wars after.

Keep it

>you should
Fuck off moralfag
Fucker thinks because he watched Letters from Iwo Jima he knows how the world should run

Fuck off shitlord
Japanese babies melting in nuclear fire and napalm beats grown ass soldiers dying on a military base any day

>Send it back
Fuck you, Ryo. It's American property now.

God, fuck you so much. Spongebob image and everything, fuck off.

Somebody's upset. Did mommy forget to get her big boy some schezwan sauce to go with his extra special tendies?

>We should give back the spoils of war because it hurts some autists feelings and disrespects the family of those who lost
Start shit, get hit. Vae victis, faggot.

Try /jp/ or the DJT on /int/

user, why are you so upset? It really is respectful to return it. We return POWs, I'm certain some American flags have been returned from Japs, it's just the right thing to do.
Of course, nobody's forcing OP to, it's just our opinion.

>The characters radiating out from the middle are names.

It is an Obon flag, like some people have already pointed out. There are people in USA who will send them to Japan to have the remaining family members tracked and united with the flag, free of charge if you want to gather some free karma points.

I do speak shitty japanese and agree with what these guys said.
Considering your grandfather has it it's safe to assume the majority, if not all of the people whose name is written there were killed in combat. Even if someone survived, they would likely be long dead now. What you do with the flag is up to you, any descendants or relatives would probably never have had any connection to the people, and even if they did you would have to choose which of the 8 families were to get the flag. Unless you want to take care of it as a historical artefact I suggest giving it to a museum, either in the states, Japan, or whatever battlefield this flag was looted from.

>Pearl Harbour was a preemptive strike against an already mobilized United States which was about to go to war to maintain their sphere of influence and trade tariffs in East Asia
>Japan started shit
really makes you think

Fuck 'em, knowing that I'd wipe my ass on it. The "warrior's soul" probably raped kids at Nanking

/int/ or /jp/ could probably help you more than we can. But I agree that you should try to send it back.

>Be a Chinese soldier
>mfw all our German trained shocktroopers are dead
>strip all military clothing off
>begin guerilla warfare despite surrendering
>literally a warcrime
>japs shoot us
meanwhile amerifats
>price gouge resources to the Sovjets and the rest of the allies
>jack up loan prices
>better go to war!
>let sovjets do all the work
>sovjets defeat the japs in Manchuria within half a year and made more progress than the Americans in 4 years
>better nuke two industrial centers to curb Japanese industry killing countless civilians.
>pardon Nazi and Jap scientists who actually committed warcrimes
>actively commit warcrimes in both Vietnam and Korea
>tfw you literally reunite 95% of Korea and ignore Chinese demands for a DMV on the Kor-China border and then get buttblasted by commies who literally don't have winter gear
>commit more warcrimes
>modern day soldiers running over Korean schoolchildren and raping Japanese women
amerifats taking the moral highground HMMMMMMMM

I've seen families who were very happy to have these flags returned to them. If you don't understand the value of making people happy I don't know what to tell you, you must just be subhuman

Knowing that something is intensely precious to another increases its value for yourself.

Anyway OP have a video of the Obon society about a flag being returned
youtu.be/HuqtOWDB0ZQ

so you freely admit to being a kike then?

You're the one telling someone what to do with their own property.

>hey my grandpa looted this skeleton from a graveyard what do you think looks pretty cool right
>huh I think the relatives of the deceased would probably like this returned
>fuck off moralfag it's finders keepers don't tell me what to do

>ay oh! Amma hard army mayne!
Why do you believe you're hot shit, fatso?

Fuck you, americunt shitbag, I have never met a decent mongrel in my life. You have no idea how happy it makes me every time Putin patronizes your turd for a president. Stay degenerate.

That's a pretty rough false equivalency, and if you're not sure why you need to take a step back and reevaluate.
He didn't loot it from a grave yard, he took it from the field of war. A graveyard is somewhere you bury someone as a final resting place. It's been a sacred practice in many civilizations for longer than recorded time. A battlefield is not a graveyard.

If you don't believe in returning this flag you are a literal Jew.

>hurrrr listen to me durrrrr im a doctor
>a battlefield isn't a graveyard
Apply your self.

So you're a culturally repressed mongoloid. Got it. Should have started with that, so I would have known not to waste my time on your deficient mental capacity.

>culturally repressed mongoloid
>burger banter
3/10 Jahnny, now gtfo, even this board is too much for you.

Oh, I love this game.

XD I told you to go to another board. Do I win?
That's how stupid you sound, you fucking 3rd worlder.

Absolutely insufferable

Fuck off tojo

>Japanese babies melting in nuclear fire and napalm beats grown ass soldiers dying on a military base any day

Do you just not care about chinese and philipino babies then you fucking weaboo? The japs earned those atomic strikes fair and square

>it's just our opinion.

Speak for yourself weaboo

Read his post again. It amazes me how all Americans are equally retarded.

>itt

Literally everything you just typed is historically inaccurate, why are you even on this board?

That's called a shitpost. The poster is probably some stinky nip or faggot Euro

Were you raimiposting on /tv/ in another tab and got mixed up?

>the US was about to go to war
k y s

He was complaining about how the japs got what they deserved you fucking retard. The Japanese started the war and committed genocide. They don’t get to complain about their children paying the price for their sins.

>dem japs were gud bois de dindu nuffin!!

>giving back a war trophy

start shit, get hit

The middle one is a photoshop, the bottom right is actually Chingqing, and it's actually the result of a stampede of people trying to get into an air raid shelter.

>chingqing
chongqing

fucking weebs, japs shouldn't have started a war they couldn't finish...

My great uncle was a rifleman in the 1st Marine Division. He served on Peleliu and collected Japanese skulls. He and his buddies would decapitate the corpses, boil the heads and ship the skulls home. Here’s the only one we have left.

youtu.be/UVhhu5OjMf8

jesus christ Veeky Forums is cancer

t. butthurt nip

nice one user!

>hurr he cherry picked pictures that means nanking wasn't as bad as everyone said it was!
kys

Nobody ever liked you

>hurr I posted debunked pictures and wasn't taken seriously!

i don't think i want to post on Veeky Forums for a while, guys

>debunked

So you just don’t believe in the rape of nanking or....

That’s perfectly fine with me

Forgot the forward view

I'm not Japanese, kiddo. That doesn't mean I didn't cry tears of joy when that plane rammed into your towers.

I thought this was a better board than this

we have 0 mods, so it never had a chance, really

I know you’re not Japanese, you’re pic related

>needing to be liked as if we're in middle school
This is why your country will never be greater than ours.

>Seriously. Get it translated and send it back.
How can one person be so fucking cucked?

Ha, who am I kidding? Look at those disgusting libercucks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Luck_Flag

stop breathing anytime soon, cakeboy

It's not like I have a chance against the infinitely bloated arrogance of old McDonald.

God emperor shouldn't have started a war if he didn't want the flags that he blessed stolen.

Nigger

lol

Yes, it dates 1870. The flag with red (sun) rays that you may be thinking of is actually only of the Imperial Navy

I'm sorry

i dont know, it just looks too new, too clean

>start war of aggression
>give your war crime committing soldiers some shitty tat with scribbles from home to lift their spirits after bayoneting hundreds of pregnant women
>they get BTFO and their tat was taken off their bodies
>"GIVE IT BACK NOW OR YOU'RE COMMITTING WAR CRIMES"
LOL

That's because you're an ignorant pleb who doesn't know shit about history.

It's a common war item. It's made of silk btw.

what do you mean? normally these flags are faded, tattered and falling apart. this one feels like it was just made yesterday. i could be wrong, obviously but i just dont know.

okay that makes sense then, disregard

How'd they get the brains out of the skull? Messy business, usually.

I mean up to this day, many Japs are still refusing to acknowledge the war crimes and atrocities they did, also constantly bitching about China and Korea shouldn’t teach their kids and public about these atrocities Japs did to them, furthermore, they’re also shameless asking US to apologize for nuked them twice, without a slight of introspection. But yet some people still dare to want Americans to give their war trophies back to Japs? That’s a really some perverted joke.