What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Why do people make such terrible threads?

proof of geographical determinism

It's full of Russians unfortunately.

Because Ukrainians, Kazakhs, Mongolians and the Chinese thought they wanted their own countries, also communists.

breeds jealousy

>Chinese wanting their own country.
Kek you can't make this shit up.

Developed a schizophrenic cultural identity in which it couldn't decide if it belonged to Western civilization or was instead its own civilization altogether. Constant seesawing between the two in almost all areas of nation building led to a fractious, unstable and profoundly confused country.

Czar Nicholas was kind of retarded

A pretty severe case of communism they suffered from for about 70 years.

another anglo inferiority complex towards russia

Everything

The only thing Russia has that anyone would be envious of is their oil and gas reserves. Russian culture/ethnicity is bottom-tier garbage.

I think it could be an interesting thread, if intelligent people show up rather than the usual posers and political cultists. I often wonder why my native country has had, and has, so many problems given its immense material wealth.
t. Russian-American

Frequent wars and turmoil

American Jews

diehard conservatism ultimately led to a more degenerate society.

>communism
>conservative

Talk of "degeneracy" usually indicates a much too simplistic analysis of history. But to be fair,
1. He may have been referring to Czarist-era conservatism
2. Soviet communism actually was socially conservative in many ways

Maybe in regards to sexual minorities,but i'd doubt you would find a more feminist place than the Soviet Union

Ivan killed his best son

Yeah, but it was a very sober form of feminism, right? Career opportunities, maternity leave, and all that other sensible shit. There was a lot more social stigma surrounding promiscuity, say, and you couldn't get a hotel room with a woman if you can't prove you're related.

Don't know about the hotel part,but the rest is right.Sexually it was conservative.

>Russian culture is bottom-tier garbage.
Utter pleb detected. How the fuck can you call the land of ballet, Shostakovich, Tchaikovsky, Psuhkin, Tolstoy and a thousand others "garbage tier"?

Russia has always lagged behind the west, and internally fought itself over whether to embrace westernism or their own identity. That's what makes Russia so interesting, to me at least.

Because he comes from the land of McDonalds, Jersey Shore, and Instagram.

Everything from the start

Name one thing that went right

The russian culture you're thinking of hasn't existed for a full century now. Might as well praise present day Iraq for mesopotamian achievements.

That's Austrian actually

Literally nothing. It's still a great power with respectable living standards (compared to world), and owns around 1/7th of Earth's landmass, with immense resources.

It also has decaying infrastructure, a sham democracy, a demographic crisis, and epidemic alcoholism and corruption. Also, every quarter-to-half century, everything goes to utter shit, either because they get invaded or because things just fall apart from the inside (e.g. the economic meltdown in the 90s).

I LIKE Russia, but come on - "what went wrong" is a legitimate question to be asking, especially when you compare them to the rest of the developed west instead of third-world shitholes in Africa. Even when you compare them to some of the other former Eastern Bloc countries.

Not to mention Fox News, JIDF, CIA, CNN, Mossad, NSA, FBI, and the TSA. What do you expect from a man with no foreskin?

>It also has decaying infrastructure, a sham democracy, a demographic crisis, and epidemic alcoholism and corruption
Is this US or Russia we are still talking about?

>"what went wrong" is a legitimate question to be asking
But it can't produce worthwhile discussion on Veeky Forums because the posters here sincerely love economic disparity and despotism, some of the main causes of Russia's ineptitude and stagnation.

Total Jewish control.

Not creating Ports in the Arctic Ocean
>tfw ywn see Russia ruling the Arctic with it's strong navy

>decaying infrastructure, a sham democracy, a demographic crisis, and epidemic alcoholism and corruption
Aside from maybe alcoholism these are problems in almost every country in the world.

If only they'd tried despotism

The answer is unironically this. Whether or not it's because Russian enculturation enforces a deep-set tendency towards despotism or if it's just extremely shitty luck is up for debate.

Jews

Russia will become a superpower after global warming causes the arctic to be ice-free year round and larger stretched of Siberia become inhabitable.

people with the looks of "regular" europeans but with the mentality of mongol hordes

China would be better of split inbetween the European powers at the time.

He was unprepared and was pretty much granted the mistakes of his fores.

It started existing.

Really, if there is one nation I' d like to see eradicated from this world, its the russians.

They are poison, they have never done anything positive.

What success? Russia today is a pathetic carcass of a superpower. Any russian smart or rich enough has already left the country.

A lot of the land in the east is tundra and not suitable for large populations, despite the abundance of oil, gold, water, etc..

Surrounded by frozen ocean so no way to make a really powerful navy.

Poor economy leads to people moving, becoming alcoholics to cope with stress, or killing themselves. The climate probably factors into this.

I don't know a lot about Russia's history/culture except the well known stuff (Napoleon and Hitler's invasions, matryoshka dolls, the Aral Sea, the Nutcracker, War and Peace, Lolita) so I'm going just by what I know about the geography.

Worse, when you don't have a despot unifying everything with Iron Fist, you have a bunch of "local Tzars" making their geshefts with no regards to sanity, selfpreservation or thinking for the future.