Had to change majors from STEM to History

>Had to change majors from STEM to History
Is a BA in History patrician?

lol

I did it and got a comfy govt job

US? Foreign service officer?

US, work in Asylum

>BA in history
have fun with your career in something which has nothing to do with your major unless you get a masters degree

are you white?

This.
Degrees are just pre-employment filters nowadays unless you're trying to get a STEM career.

>Degrees are just pre-employment filters nowadays

>you must chain yourself to the financier or else you don't make money

sure if you stop telling talking about the
>forced to change majors from STEM for being brainlet
part, probably for the better considering that most STEM degree holders don't actually work in STEM because they went to shitty schools and complain on reddit/imgur all day with beer bellies, bad beards, a balding scalp and a shit-tier taste in numale LULSORANDOMXD humor.

No, let me tell you a story. I'm an engineer and I was working outside with one of the robots my company is working on. There was a landscaping guy that saw me and we started talking. From the conversation I could tell he was very smart and had some interest in engineering. So I asked him if he ever considered getting an engineering degree. He told me he started to get one but then switched to a history degree. I wish I could express to you the look of regret on his face. He didn't say anything more and returned to his work in the hot alabama sun.

Your dropping out of a STEM degree due to poor GPA is showing. Was calc II too hard?

Actually calc 1 is the hard one

Calc I is babby math.
Calc II is when you start getting into all the atrocious trig identities and integration by parts.
and then Calc III (depending on the education system) is babby math in 3d

Rip your financial future lol

>tfw mathematics learning disabilities so I can't even do calc 1 with constant tutoring

JUST

30 people in the history dept at my uni. Not much competition.

If you think calc one through three are hard at all you need to go back to Rebbit. Linear algebra is where it actually started to get difficult

>ruining your life because you enjoy a hobby that you can equally satisfy your interest in with a library card and access to the internet

Congrats, OP. Remember, Plato says that mathematicians are brainlets so don't even concern yourself with their criticisms.

OP is a brainlet so his life is already ruined

There are like a billion career avenues that you don't need a degree in, or at the very least a little schooling is needed. That's his fault for not perusing anything after college.

You should only study the arts if your parents are baller. Otherwise, you're incurring a ton of debt for what is essentially a hobby.

Your choices in America with a History Degree:

>Military officer
40k/yr garenteed after 6months of training for four-sic years, with free housing and food and weekends if desired, 80k school grant and free education during active duty if you desire to get another degree to kill time. And sit uncomfortably at age 30 with a bunch of saved money and veteran status.
>lawyer
Get about 100k in student loans to go to law school and find a law firm to rep you after your third semester and sit comfortably after 3-4 years knowing you have a job and your student loans are being paid for by the law firm you work for and by age 32, 5 years after law school most likely get a promotion or move to a better firm paying 100k+/yr, maybe start moving towards polotics.
>police officer
Guaranteed benefits, fully insured, higher pay because of your degree. Retire at 50 if all goes well. Maybe make moves toward detective.
>park ranger
Ok pay, hippy dream job, outdoors, "nature man."

I'm personally going with the first one then becoming a police officer, but I have family ties to the cheif of police for the city I live in.

"Welcome to _______, may I take your order?". get real used to saying that.

Gotta keep hobbies and job different.

It sounds like you can use it for government jobs and Ive heard of historians who are business consultants

STEM and History/Philosophy double major is the true patrician choice

You act like this isn't a thing pretty much regardless of major. Only like 10% of stem educated people actually work in a stem field.

>people get degrees for jobs rather than expanding their knowledge in an area they're interested in
I hate this wageslave mentality towards education.

>people complain about a functioning economy that promotes development and freedom

>lawyer

It's a little more complicated than that. I have a poli sci degree and a JD and have worked as a lawyer for almost a decade now.

If you can get into a reasonably ranked school, and you are capable of networking (or have the necessary family relations), then yes you can probably get a job where you will eventually make low six figures. It's a lot of time and money to invest, though, so you better like the idea of being a lawyer.

The idea that you'll "sit comfortably" really depends on who you know, which law school you went to, what area you've been practicing in, and what sort of office you work in (public, big/mid/small firm/corporate?).

You could quite easily find yourself with a shit job (perhaps not even a law job), and 200k~ in debt. At which point I would advise you to flee overseas and teach english or something because lmao you're fucked.

Most people with a degree don't work in a related field. Don't go into debt at an expensive school when community college and state school will provide you with the same thing for a fraction of the cost.

College degrees are pretty useful in helping you get your first non-shit job, doesn't matter which degree or from which school in most cases either.

You can expand your knowledge in an area you're interested in with a library card and internet access without spending 60k of mommy's money each year. That won't get you a job though. If you were over 18 this would be clear so please fuck off.

Mwh, if you are pursuing a degree just to get a certain job, you are gonna suck at it.

Different guy but similar story to OP. memes aside I'll freely admit I was a brainlet once I hit Calc II, my GPA wasn't getting hammered badly since I was doing great on everything outside of math, and I could have pulled it off since I was still technically passing even my last math class (C+ but eh) but I fucking hated math.
That and I came to realize I enjoyed my lib arts classes a lot more than my STEM ones, like I did fine on my non-art shit but I didn't get the same actual enjoyment out of them.

>linear algebra
Are you retarded? It's easy as fuck. Matrix math is a joke. Just remember the main shit - linear independence, ref, the four subspaces, QdeltaQ^T, eigenvectors, SVD decomposition.