Fuck Gen-X

Everyone loves to pile on Millennials for being vapid and narcissistic, but fuck, Gen-Xers are worse in every respect, especially the "X-ennials". They took everything self-indulgent about the Flower Children and somehow amplified it to unforeseen degrees. The reason we have half of the degenerate shit we have today is because of them and their shitty lifestyles they made fashionable. Is it any mystery the voice of their generation was a junkie lowlife?

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, I like Punk and Metal, but I loathe their influence on our culture and discourse. "Punk" turned into a multimedia coolness-signifying suffix because despite its inadvertent virtues, it was the purest artistic manifestation of nihilistic leftism in the second half of the 20th century: distrust and hatred for the eugenic, and exaltation of the dysgenic. "If it feels good, do it," and a host of other destructive platitudes.

Gen-X's identity is all based on misdirected protective instincts for doe-eyed naivete/vulnerability not unlike the market for slice-of-life schoolgirl shows in adult male Japanese NEETs just externalized in a more "respectable" way. We've been collectively wallowing in this gross, creepy victim fetish for half a century, and it's not even really our fault because it's such a part of our modern thinking.

Shit on Millennials all you want, but first, have a good hard look at the proto-Millennials.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-xwEEnDK25M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With Boomers leading the way, Xers and Millennials didn't have a chance.

millenials are the same generation as gen-x. Though, since the 'gen-x's- stopped being camus' dickriders and human sacrifices they've become more active and pious.

>millenials are the same generation as gen-x.

Gen-X was born a decade earlier

What the fuck are you even talking about? I get that you're trolling, but for that you need to be slightly vague, not bat-shit crazy, doesn't make sense, plain old stupid. Damn. 1/10 for making me reply.

and both of those groups are going to experience the same USA in the present day.

I have optomism. The more shitty people there are, the more people with actual talent will shine. The rest is as important as the note.

How am I wrong? Gen-Xers are fuck-ups, plain and simple.

I'm gen Y and I was born in indiana. "Millennials" in actual america don't act like their stereotype. I moved to California a year ago and I'm getting the feeling that the gen y stereotype is only true in liberal hellholes like my current state

Americans who live in flyover states are normal people but for some reason all these coastal Americans are neurotic, it makes me want to move back to Indiana or Iowa

I've seen plenty of people from Hicksville who are complete and utter degenerates. It's not just confined to people on the coasts anymore:
youtube.com/watch?v=-xwEEnDK25M

Gen-X was Curt Cobain
Millenials is Justin Bieber on a iphone
No matter how hard you try, millenials always will be shit.

What is the cutoff for millenials anyway? It seems wrong to group people who graduated HS in 2002 with those who graduated in 2012.

that's gen z

>wtf this isn't music

pointing fingers might feel good but solves nothing

Gen-X was just a continuation and amplification of the Boomers.
They were not a "change generation", but a "continuation generation".

Are you telling me that Justin Bieber's primary audience is people born in the 1980s?

Just so everybody is on the same page:

Lost Generation 1880-early 1900s
G.I. Generation - early 1900s-mid 20s
Silent Generation - mid 20s-early 40s
Baby boomers - mid 40s-mid 60s
Generation X - early-mid 60s-early 80s
Millennials - early 80s-early 90s
Generation Z - mid 90s-mid 2000s

(Gen Xer here, 50 years old)

>tfw Gen Z
>tfw my generation is social media cancer
Just kill me now

>t. boomer who wants the next forty generations to pay for his mummification and pyramid