I'm just starting to read up on bitcoin and all the other cryptocurrencies

I'm just starting to read up on bitcoin and all the other cryptocurrencies.

Do you think it is too late for someone to start investing at this point?

not at all, in 5 years you will either be rich or broke but likely the former

no

You could lose it all or you could 10x your money. High risk, high reward.

>reads about bitcoins future
>asks if he's too late

You better learn early to not ask random people for their input or you're not going to make it even if bitcoin grows to $20k in a year.

It hasn't even started yet
Jump on the train brother

damn what is she going to do, use the same wallet for the rest of her life?

All women use the same wallet for the rest of their days.

Good time to get in. Markets are finally recovering this week after China bs.

I guess this as good a thread as any to ask a newb question:

how do you start to get a feel for what to invest in in terms of shitcoins? Of course I'm not asking for some crystal ball, if anything was guaranteed everyone would be doing it and be rich, but like how do you know what's even worth possibly speculating on?

I see all these altcoins going up 20-30% daily and posts about people making sick gains and I'm sure a big part of that is just luck/timing, is there any more to it? Are there any rules of thumb? Is there any technical analysis being applied or are most of these just shots in the dark?

underated

>buy high
>sell low
That's literally it

yes, far too late.

its risky but simple. You buy the rumor, you buy the pump. If a shitcoin sounds shiny, new and promising. If people are talking about it, people will buy it and the price will skyrocket even if it has no inherent future value at the moment because it has low float. High volume will double any shitcoin value pretty quick.

The trick is not getting greedy and know reversal patterns. Don't hodl a coin unless you really have faith in it. In the end, most shitcoins will eventually fail and some will rise above it and 100x, 1000x original price. You can make money off even the eventual-failing coins if you keep up to date and buy when its being shilled.

Alright fair enough, thanks this is sort of what I thought. So in reality when you see heavy widespread shilling it might actually be worth buying into the shill because if catches on it's going to equate to gains? Interesting since my natural inclination is to not buy anything being shilled as to not "fall for the shill" but I guess that works against me in this case.

yours

I'm a NEET on the brink of killing myself. I have 23k in savings and I'm considering dumping 20k in a single coin. Should I do it? I will probably do BTC. If it goes down I'll kill myself, if it goes up and I become rich I'm not sure what I'd do.

>Is it mostly luck?

That's a big part.

Also when one coin is mooning everyone who owns it comes here to post about it. When it stagnates for weeks doing nothing they're not as vocal.

Arkies were making lots of threads when the coin was hitting $4, same with OMG when it was climbing steadily, but now there's barely any threads on them.

If you read Veeky Forums constantly you'll see big gain threads every day and it will lead you to believe everyone is hitting massive gains on all their coins, but it's usually different people talking about their individual gains.

How much farther up do you think BTC will rise from here? Explain your reasoning.

put the 20k in NEO

Can I ask, how do you spot the reversal pattens?

the same way you spot whether the roulette ball will land in red or black

invest in icos and buy during a correction do anything else and u might aswell kys now and send me ur money

0xd6C5fC8af8B2C142b6887D4268cC8Ab8108b0149 tip me when you make it and do not buy shitcoins with more than 300 dollars at a time if u cannot resist Veeky Forums shilling