Lances

Was couched lance a thing for Medieval Asian Cavarly?

no they didn't even get the lance but kept with spears

Alright, give me the sauce of this pic.

Mongols and Turks.

Chinks, Gooks, Slants, Poos, Trannies, and Honorary Aryans are not Steppe People like mongols, turks, and europeans.

Depends which Asian your talking about.

Middle Easterners, Central Asians, and the Chinese did. Japan didn't really have a concept of lance. Just spears for both foot and mounted fighting.

A more striking feature of East Asian Cavalry is the wielding of slashing/chopping polearms like halberds, slashing spears, and glaives. You don't see that shit elsewhere really.
They had lances.

Yes.

I think it's from Dungeon Meshi.

Period depiction.

boku no pico

Another example: Honda Tadatomo at Osaka castle fighting on horseback wielding what is usually a footman's spear (Jumonji Yari)

Dungeon Meshi

What separates a spear from a lance?

Nothing really. In English, Lance/Spear autism is based on whether or not a spear is used by a horseman or not. If used by a horseman, its a lance. If not, its a spear.

But usually a Lance is longer than a footman's spear (excluding pikes), on account of a mounted man having to poke cunts from a horse.

Thank you, kind anons

Get out

Its best fantasy manga on the market and definitely worth reading.

Generally lances are too long to make a comfortable stabbing attack with just the arms, you need momentum to drive the lance home.

this

being on a horse does not make a pointy spear a lance, it is the way it is utilized.

Looks like the eternal q*ngs used couched lances.

>Generally lances are too long to make a comfortable stabbing attack with just the arms
Fun fact: Athenian General Iphicrates pretty much took the cavalry lance (Kontos) and gave it to the Infantry to see what it can do on foot. Birthing the Iphicratid hoplite.

A century later, Macedonians took the concept, except this time with extremely long spears, birthing the Macedonian Phalanx.

That's a Dzungar warrior, as depicted by a Qing Period artist.

And then Romans took extremely short swords, walked around the absurdly immobile phalanx, and stabbed the dumb hoplites to death.

>And then Romans took extremely short swords
Actually, the Gladius was pretty normal sized for the day.

In fact the Xiphos of the Greek classical hoplites was shorter. It was basically a knife.

>extremely short swords

>macedonian phalanx using hoplites
>romans defeated the macedonian phalanx due to it's tactical inflexiblity
There's so much retarded pop-history in your post I don't know where to begin.

The specialized 'Great Lance' or Jousting Lance from the High/Late Medieval era is actually a very distinguishable weapon. I'm sure you know what it is, and would agree that in no world could anyone mistake it for an ordinary spear. So I don't know why you made this post, really :/

Oops they must really hate me

You're right, they didn't just walk around it, they backed up over a few rocks, which caused a loss of all unit cohesion in the phalanx.

Do you have evidunce?

So how did frontal charges work for Asians? It was certainly employed by the Iron Pagoda Cavarly during the Jin Song Wars. Couldn’t the Chinese easily disperse the Incoming Cavarly with pikes?