How was life in the post-Roman Germanic kingdoms?

How was life in the post-Roman Germanic kingdoms?

It was alright.

The only good germanic kingdoms were those of the franks and visigoths

>Kingdom of Odoacer not in Germanic people
LMAO

I imagine is smelled very bad

>Implying smells were invented yet

not as bad as people think

It was like it was suddenly 500 BC again

Good if you were a Germanic, not so good if you were a gallo-roman peasant.

the jews ruled over their germanic fuck-slaves as feudal lord and kangz

Did you know, most old noble European families origin from the migration era, they started out as Germanic overlords over their conquered territory, but soon integrated into local cultures, but due to their noblitiy didn't intermix with peasants.
>genetically the heirs of Germanics tribes ruled all Europe from the fall of Rome until WW 1

How was the relationship between the Germanic conquerors and the local populace in places were the population was not Germanic (France, for example, in the case of the Kingdom of the Franks)? Did the local populace care either way, considering before the Germans it was the Romans?

Are the nobles of France/Spain/etc genetically very different from the local populace, due to their different origin and the fact that nobility tend to marry among themselves?

if that were the case all of those nobles families would've split their inheritances between their children and be left with a goat and half a house in 3 generations

Nope, splitting inheritances is a bad idea, thats why most noble families don't do it.

germanics love doing that. Just look at an -actual- germanic kingdom with gemranic nobles. Place got split into hunderds of state-lets.

most noble families did do it, and the nobility until the high middle ages was in a constant state of flux

roughly the same for 80% of the population outside of Italy. The patrician class obviously suffered and there was much less trade and construction in the cities.

Noble families usually didn't have many branches. That's why many of them ended, including the Carolingians, the Habsburgs, the Hohenstauffen, etc

>full-scale social, economic, infrastructural, cultural, artistic, communicative, military, educational, scientific, governmental collapse

gee OP I don't know

there are still hapsburgs. Plenty of people descended from carolingians, but the last name got lost due to the males dying war. prussians just kinda dissapeard after ww2. As for, which house should have what laws, they should murder each other for the titles in a civil war for their crown or conquer new lands to get one.

Ever see a map of the HRE with all the hyphenated states? That's split inheritance at work.

>Habsburgs
>few branches
>let others war while you, happy austria, marry
The fuck?

The Habsburgs are dead. What remains is the House of Lorraine.
In the same way the Norman Dynasty is dead and now the throne is occupied by a German house.

I was told they used a lot of the same infrastructure, and just replaces customs from Ravenna to their kingdom. The Germanics became the new nobles and insinuated their cultural norms onto the common folk

they had to rub butter in their hair and wear pants and furs? or do you mean get raped and pillaged by muslims and vikings as per ancient germanic tradition?

>most noble families did do it,
No, only Salic law (the law of the Franks) call for splitting, most other laws did favor the oldest or youngest son, which inherited everything.

>t. astofolo the homo in black

Guys, you are mouthbreathers and yet you figured out that splitting inheritances is no good idea within a minute.
Guess what, medieval nobles figured the same. Thats why they put up systems to keep the money in the family and intermarry only with other nobles.

You have mental issues.

>ancient germanic tradition of blaming ghosts

There are stories of Roman plantation owners trying to evacuate with their assets thinking the Germans were going to massacre everyone.... only for Germans to show up early and offer the Roman aristocrats, who thought these people were there to rape and eat them, money for a part of their land.

Roman civilization in the West was in relative free fall even before the WRE actually was compromised, nevermind having collapsed. The Germans, excepting the Suebi who actually left a massive trail of destruction, mostly fortified what was left over and there are signs of Roman civilization actually re-emerging and recovering in the West after the migration period had settled down. Then Justinian burns all of Italy to the ground only for the Muslims to happen and push the Byzantine's shit in. The collapse of the trade routes after the Muslim invasions was the final nail in the Western Roman cultural coffin.

>medieval nobles figured the same
Bitch, tell that to Hesse-Kassel, Hesse-Marburg, Hesse-Rheinfells, Hesse-Darmstadt, Hesse-Rotenberg, Hesse-Philippsthal, and Hesse-Philippsthal-Barchfeld.

Some houses have many branches, that doesn't mean they weren't able to hold their lands together.

>he doesn't know what a cadet dynasty is

It was okay until everything started too fall apart

>some families have a lot of branches
>branches exist because of split inheritance
>but this doesn't mean that the families split their inheritance
I'm falling way too hard for this bait.

One of the main forces behind the trajectory of German history was that the Eastern German states figured out primogeniture inheritance well before the Western ones did. This is why Brandenburg, Austria, and Bavaria became the major German power-brokers within the empire. It's also why the HRE maps look like they do, with relatively large landmasses on the Southern & Eastern borders, and randomized specks scattered throughout the middle and the West.

You just went from this bullshit
>if that were the case all of those nobles families would've split their inheritances between their children and be left with a goat and half a house in 3 generations

tho this >One of the main forces behind the trajectory of German history was that the Eastern German states figured out primogeniture inheritance well before the Western ones did. This is why Brandenburg, Austria, and Bavaria became the major German power-brokers within the empire. It's also why the HRE maps look like they do, with relatively large landmasses on the Southern & Eastern borders, and randomized specks scattered throughout the middle and the West.

And now you are talking about bait? What shall I say? Trees do no grow into the sky even if little user thinks so? Or that I'm not arguing for arguing's sake?

ya got the wrong guy. And besides, im adamtley anti-germanic hoards retconning the fall of rome as good. Germanics greatest champion, old charly, couldn't even get his shit together and spent his last days in a dungeon.

fuck, I've been feeding a troll. Guess this thread is fucked then, bye.

Are you aware that i care little about (You) and most of the time (i.e. 70% of the time) you're literally confusing me with someone else

As an example, i'm totally unrelated to this thread

>who is Charlemagne