Study history

>study history
>stopped caring about politics
Politics is history for cancerous normies

Same thing happened to me, hardly care about politics anymore

>i don't care about politics, i will spend my energy studying the lives of others rather than understanding the actions that will effect my life today and the lives of my children

>Implying he'll ever have kids

this. the only reason not to care about politics is if you're a dependent or something. history should help you understand politics better anyways.

Fair enough.
Smart post.

Same. There's no correlation though, you fucking retards. You found another hobby so you moved on from the last one.

if you're studying history, then you will inevitably be studying politics. I agree with the notion that modern politics is mostly a mess of poor leaders being propped up by special interests in contrast to older politics where leaders became prominent through works.

>I agree with the notion that modern politics is mostly a mess of poor leaders being propped up by special interests in contrast to older politics where leaders became prominent through works.
Maybe you just think this because you romanticize history. What happens today is important even if it's not as "fun" to study and learn about.

You don't comprehend the reality of electoral politics. Democracy is government by the lowest common denominator, the west's leaders are chosen by special interest groups and corporations to maintain the most stable market possible to lend loans or sell commodities. These middle managers are in no way comparable to the almost heroic figures whom made contributions to their society through toil, change and will.

I know this is bait, but the complete opposite happened to me.

Study history
Realize that "politics" is just hear say and has nothing to do with reality and action can only be justified by results. Also that your average citizen has no bussiness being anywhere near politics.

I'm too jaded on politics. I prefer past politics and theories.

I also don't fit in politically with most people. I mean, I'm a constitutional-feudalist, I'm a freak.

OP has a point dipshit

politics is soul crushing.

Studying history just taught me that the politics people obsess over is not as big of a deal as they think it is, because every generation thinks that the shit going on will change everything forever.

gay post

American politics maybe

Well that's certainly true, because it never fucking ends. 24/7 politics coverage destroyed this country.

I don't think that's the only thing destroying your country but I guess that's an okay place to start.

I can only speak for the US, but there needs to a better job done in history ; I always remember a focus on only certain events(we would get stuck in the american revolution forever, the civil war, and the civil rights movement; those are the primary things that get pushed into our head- and if you are from Texas, the Texas revolution)

I think it would be more beneficial for citizens to understand what has happened since the 70s onward. But I can tell you most of us have little idea other than oh Vietnam war, hippie protests, Aids epidemic , overseas intervention (kind of ) and then terrorism starting in '01.

Also, it's kind of funny but I had to take Texas history in school, and then I moved and had to take South Carolina history.

Basically, I am trying to say that school fails people when it comes to understanding how history shaped the place they are in today. But maybe that's just people's fault for not having an interest.

Politicking is for the rabble. Bread and circuses.

I withdrew after Tr*mp won the US presidential election, I regularly am reminded he's our meme of a president and am shocked every fucking time.

and it's not the only country we destroyed