Japan vs China

In 2017, in a normal war, no nuclear weapons, could Japan push China's shit in?

Who would win?

No (unless allies step in of course).
Even during WW2, Japan, despite its great KD ratio, was already having trouble beating the Chinese. They predicted they would steamroll over China and then be able to focus on new fronts but they never fully conquered China and constantly had to keep up the largest portion of the troops/resources there. They captured cities quite easily, but the countryside in between the cities would be riddled with Communist guerillas.
Now the gap between the countries has shrinked relative to 70 years ago. China would win.

japan would easily lose unless you mean us + puppets

in which case the us would be able to maintain air superiority over china and maintain a naval blockade but probably not be able to invade

Japan wouldn't even be able to land in China now.

Japan's military is aimed at defense, not attack. Their defense capabilities are about as high tier as you can find. But they are not designed to invade other countries.

/thread. What a stupid question.
Here's a question though: Americans, if war broke out with China today would you join the military? I know I would. War with China is like the one thing that'd motivate me to serve the country.

Japan would also be able to maintain a naval blockade and have air superiority over China. But that's it. They can't do more than this.

Neither country could occupy the other, but japan would be at a huge disadvantage.

That's pretty sad given China is the one country you'll probably never go to war with.

Imagine taking and holding China's numerous financial centers and industrial cities against the defenders. It's impossible.

Doesn't China have a way stronger Navy than them nowadays? It's not 1937 anymore

No. Japan has the best navy in Asia.

No one really knows the capabilities of PLAN ships.

All we know is China can now make them.

Not history, not humanity
This belong to /pol/

This. China is probably the country with the highest redundancy too. 4 provincial-level cities, among the top 10 largest metropolises on Earth. 15 sub-provincial cities as backups, larger than the capitals of lesser countries. 279 prefectural-level cities, many of them with populations in the millions again. It's hopeless.

>308 bombs

Can do.

Without nukes it would take a hell of a lot more than 1 bomb a city. These cities are sprawling and a single bomb doesn't have that big a blast radius.
Also
>muh bomb shelters
Good luck

The US had to drop something like 250k tons on Cambodia.

Would be no man sea.
Because of air defense of China, the Japan couldn't take the offensive this time, But could easily defend the Home Island.
But I had serious doubt if Japanese could defend Okinawa without the Americans.
>pupets
Shut up, commie bastard

I think this belong to /k/.

So what you're saying is that we're going to need a lot of nukes.

No, that's one of the wars where I would absolutely not join the military.

If such a war occurred, and I do not ever want to see the US and China go to war, I would like it to end with a minor Chinese victory. Just a bloody nose, no nukes, no massive exchange of land, just a small minor victory for China.

Then, American retards can shut the fuck up and maybe learn some lessons about how to organise a society, govern a country, and hopefully read some more ancient texts.

This isn’t historical. Also, Japan would be fucked.