Dropping out of College - For real estate

My friend and I are tired of following the path everyone else is choosing. We've decided to drop out at the end of this semester and begin our grind.

We're looking for a JOB that pays decent, as we're motivated AF to work many hours and passion towards money.

If anybody knows some jobs (Yes, i'm willing to travel anywhere in the US to make more money) that would be awesome and I'll take each recommendation seriously.
( My friend and I do make side money flipping cars, repairs, simple jobs, online stuff , ect to make side cash)

Also, if anyone else on Veeky Forums has left school and became successful it would be awesome to hear your story, we love being motivated by other people's success and always take in what others have done.

Reopened, I finished my class and looking at suggestions again. I talked to my friend and we found 3 strong ones,
OIL, Construction (learning and making own business), and demolition/cleaning.

Been looking into it, like people commented, we're not "bitches", we both get our hands dirty and do what ever it takes to get our goal.

I dropped out and became successful. 29 now. College is a fucking scam. AMA.

How'd you do it?

Work 80 hours a week + ambition + smarts = rich

>My friend and I are tired of following the path everyone else is choosing.

Pretty sure most people don't go to college.

Why not do both?

College was fun and generative. As elitist as it sounds, there's a big difference between talking to someone who is college educated and someone who isn't. Stop viewing college solely as a money making instrument, and more as an investment in yourself.

I also did the military for a few years.

Ultimately I'm making $200k+ a year now as a contractor.

Life is good.

>...as an investment in yourself.

You can find actual mentors and tutors and pay them to learn anything you want, and only what you want for less than 1% of 4 years of college, if not completely free.

College does nothing for critical thinking skills, and it's only useful in the area of personal growth for growing your social circle and networking.

I see so many of my friends who didn't go to college posting Frank Zappa quotes about how, "If you wanna get laid, go to college, if you want to learn, go to a library."

And none of those guys who post that shit have read a single book in the past year. In fact, I can can count on zero fingers the amount of people who I know who aren't college educated who have made a serious attempt at intellectual development like you're describing. The fact is, auto-didacticism is actually really rare.

I don't know what college you're thinking of, but it sounds like you've bought into the Veeky Forums meme of thinking universities are nothing but liberal brain washing camps that strip critical thinking from people. It was completely the opposite for me and the people I knew. Just don't go to a shit school, do your research like anything else.

why drop out?
are you too poor to finish, or too lazy?

I know you guys want to be young and rich but you'll be working (and alive) for a very long time

enjoy being a dumbfuck in college, you can still grind during and after

>The fact is, auto-didacticism is actually really rare.

Gee, maybe it's because the people more inclined to be intellectuals go to the place they're told to for 12 years? This is exactly what I mean.

>user youre not there to learn youre there to get a degree
once you understand this then youll be successful

Show me a single study that links intelligence to obedience.

this user is right

especially in a decent (((liberal arts))) school - you get a good degree in your field and walk away with a much more well rounded education as well.

I cant talk about politics, history, or science, with any of my friends that haven't been to college. I wish that wasn't the case, but it just goes nowhere every time.

naw, weve done our part just let them figure things out on their own

>I cant talk about politics, history, or science, with any of my friends that haven't been to college. I wish that wasn't the case, but it just goes nowhere every time.

it's like talking to a brick, always such a limited worldview

a million "mhms" and then them saying something that doesnt make sense if i say something they agree with

Spotted the uneducated faggot

Hey OP go to Texas and get into fracking...EZ money, just requires relocation.

You're really proving my point about critical thinking skills...

ALL students are told to go to college from kindergarden to 12th grade. It only makes sense that those who are more intellectually inclined would go to college in the first place. This would leave most of the people not going to college as people tending to not be intellectually inclined.

It's not that college makes people smarter, smart people go to college because they showed aptitude for it and were told they should for success.

Now explain to me how the fuck you arrived at me saying obedience and intellect are related?

take ur passion to the professional level. that's the only way

this

become a petrol engineer or a tradesman

Cunt. I'm a GI Bill fag too. Don't shill college to these kids if they don't have it paid for like we did. It's a fucking scam, it's essentially a life mortgage. If you have wealthy parents or did the military for gibs like we did sure, but anybody smart enough to browsing Veeky Forums at a young age would probably make more in the current market not taking out those loans.

You're speaking poorly and trying to be misunderstood for being profound. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt with your mismashed, word salad post above, but I guess my interpretation of retardese fell short. Sorry for trying.

So what you're really positing is that intelligence is the primary causal variable in going to college. What are you basing this on? How are you defining intelligence?
What about factors like socio-economic well being? Cultural and environmental influences? Can intelligence be taught, or is it genetic?

Do you have a single fact to back up what you're saying? You're just making a post-hoc fallacy of confusing association with causation.

Hey, thanks for the reply (sorry was doing stuff) if we could talk chat one day that would be awesome , not sure if there is anyway I can give info safely on here like thro a msg since I'm still new , but I would love to hear ur story

Lmfao cope.

I hear you my dude, but I went through my undergrad first before going into the military, so I paid that off myself.

On the flip side, if I decide to go to law school next year, that'll be on the house. GI Bill really is such a ridiculously good perk, it's hard to believe.

It's true. People are right that it is a left-wing brainwashing factory but if you play your cards right and treat it as more than an economic decision, you'll graduate as a much more mature, grounded and perceptive person. You should never swallow what you learn as the whole truth and always be thinking outside the box.

Never wanted this an argument , just wanted advice ;\. I'm not poor and I'm not lazy, I have no debt and I'm on my second year of college. I just want to grind now I stead of waiting 2 more years, girls parties easy life sure college was fun, but now I'm chasing dreams. Rather grind hard now to know in the future I'll be succesful. I have 0 mind set of getting rich quick, I know how this shit works but I'm ready to grind

Lol dude, get off your psych 101 high horse. No one gives a shit that that course "totally blew your mind." He's making a pretty simple point. You'd have to be really unreasonable to reject the idea that pre-collegiate scholastic success (i.e. college admission requirements/standards) selects for intelligent people.

I also agree , but I was going for net working and programming , but that field is going to shit with pay. That Is even if u get a full time job not just for a project.

Honestly, if you only have 2 years left just put your head down and make plans for your future on the side. That way you'll come out with a degree and a solid strategy rather than jumping in the deep end. If you leave now you'll regret it.

Good luck.

do not buy real estate until after the stock market crashes

I will prob continue with night classes while working full time

:) I got 2 years before I buy my first property (paying with cash)

I'm going for networking , pay is shit unless you work for multiple years. (If u can even get a job with no past exp which means I have to do In terns hips)

I'd say finish up college. You sound young and you sound like you have a plan for financial success afterwards. There's a high probability that you will not have time to finish it later, at least at a brick-and-mortar institution. Online college kind of sucks, and you probably won't want to deal with it later when you have a career/wife/kids/etc.

Education is wonderful, OP.

Yeah I pay for my shit myself, my parents aren't rich but they're not poor they offered to help but I love grinding for my own shit.

Show us a single study that shows online college sucks.

Yeah, some reason I don't want kids and shit. Never wanted a girL or kids ( I know how love can come ect ) and I'm already dedicated into not buy a new car,watches, clothes ect. Once I'm really succesful I can flex but for now every dollar is important

It has its pros and cons

Just anecdotal, my salty user. It sucks. And it'll suck for OP even more when he tries to transfer credits in a few years and the registrar gets to play pin the tail on the donkey with what classes get approved for credit and which don't. Money down the drain.

I went to a cheap college be cause I didn't know what I wanted to do at first, no debt just wasted time

First off OP you have to stop calling it "grinding". Simply, "working" will suffice.

Secondly, you've got to be good at something already and smart enough to make it without school.

Personal story, I'm 33 now and dropped out of school (film school) 10 years ago. I started working part time doing customer service (because money) and took any type of film, tv, photography gig I could find on the side.

Things eventually got pretty bad, I started wondering if I had made the right choice. Still working part time wagecuck jobs and getting nowhere with my creative career, a few more years passed and I noticed on Facebook all my old school friends were graduating and starting "real jobs" on big productions.

I eventually had to sell all my camera gear just to makes ends meet. It was crushing to my soul and self esteem. Eventually, I had to move back in with my parents.

What seemed to be a nail in the coffin, moving back home in my mid-20's turned out to be the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I bumped into an old family friend and he asked me how the photography was going. As a great bullshitter from birth I told him it was going great andI was just loving the freelance creative lifestyle.

Like it was nothing, he said "Great to hear, I actually need a photographer for a shoot tomorrow are you available?".

That shoot turned out to be for a couple of no-name bands on Epitaph records working on
demos my my family friend was producing.

I ended up borrowing my brothers 5d mark II, and fucking killed the shoot. That family friend is now my agent going on 7 years, he sent me around the world multiple times, shooting in over 50 countries around the fucking planet.

To this day, out of all those friends I saw graduate and start to work on "real productions" 1 of them still has a job in the industry. I think about it everyday, had I continued going to school, would probably have NEVER bumped into my agent at the perfect time.

Sounds good, OP, if you spent that time generatively and engaging your material. And hey, little bit of fun never killed anyone either.

I understand but like you mentioned the jobs u took are low paying, and like I mentioned I'm good at side money as well. I love your story though and I understand , I truly do keep it in my mind

Yeah I used to party alot, mostly to get my mind off life as i was confused and didnt know what I wanted to do in life. I have a path now so I been away from the stuff for awhile

Well I'm off, thanks for the useful advice aND stories ^^

So the moral of the story is "have connections and get lucky" thanks senpai, gonna get onto that right away

College is a meme and does basically nothing to improve you if you're the average person going to a mediocre state college (or worse yet, a mediocre over-priced liberal arts college). That being said, it's a meme that a lot of people believe in, a bubble. Get the dumb piece of paper if you're already deeply invested, freelance if you want, but know you have that piece of paper to fall back on when interviewing if needed.

Source: I'm finishing my PhD right now

kek

if your big plan is just doing odd jobs and shit stay at fucking uni