Veeky Forums Life Tips Thread

ITT: Post a useful life advice, or write a useful guide or resource to something that will improve people's chances of success in life. Leave a wallet address with your post and tip users whose post was useful to you.

Guidelines:
>DO: Post specific and detailed advice, and provide resources if possible
>DON'T: Post vague bullshit (e.g. "be yourself")
>DO: Post generally useful advice
>DON'T: Post niche advice (e.g. the best paper stock for origami)
>DON'T: Post trivial advice (e.g. how to select the right toothpick)

Rules:
>Nothing illegal
>No coin or asset or business shilling
>No referer URLs
>No scams or pyramid schemes
>No bully
>No begging

This is a meta-thread. One meta-thread is allowed per board.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VKnbpGnir8c
youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE
forbes.com/sites/rickferri/2013/09/05/the-five-laws-of-gold/
thesimpledollar.com/the-richest-man-in-babylon-the-five-laws-of-gold/
binance.com/tradeDetail.html?symbol=WTC_BTC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off beggar

youtube.com/watch?v=VKnbpGnir8c

Principle from the richest man of babylon.
>save 10% of every income source, no exceptions.
>invest that 10%
>gain exponential gains
>????
>profit

Another one would be setting proper goals.
Imo writing them down somewhere where you have to look at them everyday.

The way I categorize them is:
Long term goals
Short term goals
Potential ideas/goals

So give those proper thought and categorize them. Be realistic in your time frames.
Every week, review your short term goal progression. Every month you review your monthly goal progression.
This probably works best if you put a set day.

Note, this only works if you are able to look into the mirror and view your faults and insecurities.
Everyone has them and its nothing to be ashamed about.
But if you dont know what your weak points are you dont know whats holding you back.

I put a whiteboard on my wall in my living room and its easy to look at and edit if necessary.

This might not be for everyone but imo this is very helpful in becoming more successful in achieving your dreams.

10%??? What the fuck that's nothing.

Even if you're making $5k a month net that's $500/month... why do normies always say 10%. 30-70% AT LEAST IMO.

dont marry, don't become a father of your wifes son don't get emotional gfs

>10% over a lifetime is nothing
Brainlet do you even know who wrote that book?

Asian Idol worship is degenerate. KPOP is only good because American media is so much more degenerate. Watch chubby jews getting faux gangbanged by blacks or seek other media. No shit KPOP is gaining popularity. Cute girls doing cute, sexy things is redpilled and normal. However, way too many men here worship these girls like they are more than sexual objects. They aren't. You are consuming the media because it is a healthy, normal sexual release. Don't make it into something romantic or idealized because that is BETA as fuck.

Advice: NEVER TALK TO THE POLICE. Even if you are innocent.

The basic idea is that anything you say can be used against you, and WILL be used against you, no matter how innocent or innocuous you think it is, because it will be twisted by police and prosecutors. Police and prosecutors have an incentive to convict you of a crime even if you are innocent. This isn't a hypothetical concern, this happens all the time.

Source (the classic talk on not talking): youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

>"Even if your client is *innocent* and *only* tells the truth and does not tell the police *anything* incriminating and his statement is videotaped, his answers can [still] be used to crucify him."

In the video, a Law Professor and a Police Officer go into depth on relevant laws, how law works, how police work, and how police interrogations work, and they also give real world examples of innocent people that talked to police and went to jail for it. In other words, they make a serious argument for why you should never talk to the police.

This lecture might literally save your ass from going to prison.

The Richest Man in Babylon is great.

Your system sounds a bit like GTD.

10% is the minimum recommended.
>Gold cometh gladly and in increasing quantity to any man who will put by not less than one-tenth of his earnings to create an estate for his future and that of his family.
forbes.com/sites/rickferri/2013/09/05/the-five-laws-of-gold/

nobody worships them as anything except sexual objects

Do you read KPOP generals?

ty nice lesson there.

Its funny how those 5 gold rules apply to people on this board.

4. Gold slippeth away from the man who invests it in businesses or purposes with which he is not familiar or which are not approved by those who are skilled in its keep.

5. Gold flees the man who would force it to impossible earnings or who followeth the alluring advice of tricksters and schemers or who trusts it to his own inexperience and romantic desires in investment.

Pump and dump ICO's come to my mind.

Here is a link for people who dont want to whitelist forbes.
thesimpledollar.com/the-richest-man-in-babylon-the-five-laws-of-gold/

For someone who advocates against Korean girls you do seem to like posting them.

I myself like Japanese girls the most.

Dubu is my future wife and she's not even that hot

>For someone who advocates against Korean girls you do seem to like posting them.
You are willfully misinterpreting my words. Stop.

How much btc would I need to buy all these girls?

You are right, I read that too fast.

Fucking work. Work in school. Work harder than everyone at work. Don't stop to gossip. Find a career, find a field, and then just bust your BALLS. Because people are going to notice. I run a commercial fishing site, 24, and I'm the first of my generation to cough up the cash to buy my own site and permit (a hundred to two hundred thousand dollars average). I made that money by just fucking killing myself. When people went home for lunch, I worked. When they talked on the beach, I worked. I pulled in 30-40% more $$$ on my cheap, shitty, SHITTY site, than any other single site on the entire beach. These are not easy days either. They are 8-16 hours of grueling skilled labor, and I haven't worked up the capital for the equipment that the established older generation has. They run aluminum skiffs, I work in a 12 foot raft. They have shallow sites, and I crawl through two feed of mud and muck when the tide goes out.

And here's the thing. People NOTICE. Working like this has opened doors like you wouldn't believe. People come to me now, and ask me to fish their sites on lease, because they know that even if I take 60%, they will still run even and not even have to lift a finger.

"But user," you ask, "why not lease your site like them, make some easy money, and relax on the beach?"

Because I am not satisfied with making 50 grand in six weeks. I want six sites like the big dogs, running a crew, and pulling in several hundred thousand dollars in the time most European nations go for vacation every year. I want to be RICH, and one day sell those sites at a premium, retiring my tired body onto a stack of millions and millions to dollars. Because don't get me wrong, media tells us that making money is easy. Part of us believes that, believes the myth that we're destined for greatness. Truth time, making money is HARD. Life is hard. That's why we're all here at Veeky Forums, right? To get filthy fucking rich.

Well here's the secret. Find a niche, and Work. Your. Dick. Off.

if they werent young and hot and dance sexily on stage nobody would give a single fuck

How much of a turbo-brainlet do you have to be to not see the irony in kpop general?

Good for you user,

Hard work is really underrated as you said.
You are probably high in conscientiousness.
People like that have to work ALL THE TIME,
I fall in that category as well.

Mediocrity sucks, outrun the herd, they arent running that fast anyway.

try the things that could fail, don't five up at the inevitable setback and continue this cycle until something works

everybody fails all the time. The winners are who don't stop there and/or keep on trying the next thing.

Eating well and sleeping enough is of course also important - evident and super hard to do (and easy to neglect)

You don't even know what "irony" means. Don't insult your superiors.

Bad advice. Dont work hard work smart.
Except if you arent smart then work hard.

Did I mention that my fishing site paid for my uni stem degree without a drop of student loans?

Work smart and hard is the way.

That literally contradicts your prior post. You are literally like a drug dealer who tries to claim he is a businessman. Be fucking honest, because you aren't anything more than what you actually fucking do.

>Work smart and hard
Just remember your time in this life is limited

Time is Infinitly more valuable than mkney

And money buys time

catch 22

Money doesnt buy time after your cost of living is accounted for

Good luck buying time when you are old and about to die

Not even only that i would rather have sex and happyness when im still young enough to enjoy it and not feel like a creepy old fuck

You really need to think your priorities through or you gonna end up bitter and regretful

If you are ever in a terrorist situation, and it is certain you are going to die, for example in a plane hijacking scenario, do not remain idle in fear. Draw from the strength you have inside yourself and be a hero: attack those goddamn muslim son of a bitches with everything you got and die a hero.

Ark address: AMWWPKBpWg8wx9YupHcdfTjnp4UADq2nwy

Money ALWAYS > friends.
Everyone has their price to fuck you over

>Money doesnt buy time after your cost of living is accounted for
Well cost of living was kinda my point. I would feel more relaxed knowing that I dont have to worry about money thus giving me more freedom.

>Not even only that i would rather have sex and happyness when im still young enough to enjoy it and not feel like a creepy old fuck
Not really sure what your point is here but I think its along the lines of enjoy yourself while you are still young.

You do whatever makes you happy friend.

I would rather work hard in my 20s so I enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle in my 30s and beyond.
Your ability to work hard and learn will decline after 30-35s.
Also I would not feel creepy fucking 20 year old girls whether im 30 or 40 or even older.

>You really need to think your priorities through or you gonna end up bitter and regretful
This is a good point but I think it is different for everyone though.

For me, I would hate myself when I'm old knowing that I didnt do everything in my capacity to make my dreams reality.
THAT would make me bitter.
Also I dont consider work as something I dont enjoy, I rather like building my wealth and reaching the goals I set.

Oh sorry dont have ark

Be careful with free advice; you often get what you pay for

>Just shilling for the wage slaves.
>Implying the working world is a meritocracy.
>Good luck bucko

Good for you and congrats on having such a good work ethic, but you'll likely find in the end it was all not worth it after missing out on life and likely sacrificing your health in the process, all to score a few material possessions and maybe a trophy wife who cashes out when your heart explodes at 55. Hopefully you prove me wrong though.

This too, speaking from experience. I'm 29, income is 90% passive. I'm literally typing this from a hammock right now listening to wage cucks get in their cars to start their work days.

Hnnng

Good advice that most people here probably already know but it's good to be reminded.

>Getting life advice from the same people who ride the subway

lolnothx

Here is a life advice for you - don't go to Veeky Forums

100k sent!

>Not being wealthy or well cultured enough to enjoy the hipster irony of riding the subway.

Car cuck.

Agreed, 10% is some dumb pleb percentage. Should be minimum 60%. Preferably 90%.

As a NEET I need an income in the first place before even have something to invest...

Being willing to look in the mirror and view your faults and insecurities is one thing, but how can you trust your own assessment?

>Find your niche
Ughhhhh... where!?!

Otherwise good advice but will fall on deaf ears on the mostly instant-gratification crowd here.

Although I do disagree with you're "don't stop to gossip". If you're Machiavellian about your gossip it can get you jobs, get you into positions where your hard work will pay off. Not petty office bullshit, I mean being aware of what's happening in the school/work environment.

>Mediocrity sucks, outrun the herd, they aren't running that fast anyway.
Nice!

Youth is wasted on the youth anyway. Earn a fuck tonne of money now, sort out the existential stuff and lost youth later when you're financial comfortable.

smart

best advice so far for the last 90 years: do not buy a house with your own money

Do your best, in school, at your job

Meet on time, everyday

Sickdays are ok if you are sick, or if it has been 4 months since the last and you need a breather. Excessive sickdays are NOTICED

Work hard and smart, take initiative, make suggestions, ask questions. Even if you have 4 years experience, keep asking those questions.

A car loan is only acceptable for a brand-new econobox. NEVER buy a used car on loan.

Mortgage is better than renting in most cases, buy as cheap as possible with as short a mortgage as possible (I bought a rundown apartment in a nice town for 1/4 of what my bankman told me I could mortgage. 10year mortgage at 2%, I pay less in mortgage than I could have rented it for and in 8 years it will be all mine)

Vacations are gold. You might spend gold, but you recharge. Fresh batteries means you work even better and smarter and get more oppurtunities. Also, you signal that you are not all-slave everyday. That guy who never calls sick and never takes vacations burns out and often comes off as an asshole you don't want to promote.

Never run with evil gossip, hilarious gossip is gold you can trade for influence.

displaying wealth by driving a fancy car

bump
Pic very unrelated - never trust this pseudo-profound shit.

>Nothing illegal
Never going to make it

Now for the real advice: how do i get a qt asian gf

>be white
>go to japan
done

he wants qt tho

Just show up.

Even if you tell yourself you won't do much of whatever you should do, for whatever weak reason.
Work while sick, even if you're only going to stare at your screen holding a cup of hot soup the whole day.
Go to the gym despite feeling shitty, even if you plan doing just 10 min on a treadmill.
et fucking cetera

show up

Such bad advice, at least in those examples.

says a larping kid

I wasted 10+ years and got 60k in debt by "just showing up"

Work doesn't pay. Neither does fucking college.

so you rather stay home and jerk off?
you're such a fucking cliche, it shows even on a shitposting image board

Unless you're buttfuck ugly you should be able to score anything up to 8 maybe 9 if you're lucky

Just got into bitcoin and made about 4x what I used to make per day.

2 days in and made my previous weekly salary.

You are an idiot.

Says the neet cuck who was indoctrinated with female oriented motivational sayings that don’t apply to men or to real life.

wel fucking done
that's showing up by my reasoning
but you're still an idiot by searching for others to call idiots to feel better about yourself

no matter how much money you have, you will still be dead inside

That's not showing up. That's sitting at home all day.

Get into walton coin before it's too late or do some research on other promising coins. Then you'll be making 10x the money sitting at home all day too.

Walton just got approved by Chinese gov.

what is real life then?
expensive cars, getting fucked up and fucking qts?
you by yourself on a beach?

you're the one cucked by a narrative shilled by those you suck up to for your shitcoins

appreciate the advice, I'll certainly look into it

You took a picture that actually makes sense. Would have shown something else.

It's mooning now so it might be a bit late.

Maybe LINK is also good. Always do research before buying any coin but I can say Walton is a guaranteed safety to hold and gain with. Just buy quickly because it's shooting up.

binance.com/tradeDetail.html?symbol=WTC_BTC

Charlie is that you?

I'm self employed with almost 100% passive income and most of the menial tasks in my life are completely automated, meaning I have a fuck load of time on my hands to pursue whatever I want. That's real life.

Don't cry sour grapes. Do research and get in on it while the gold rush is on.

ETH is a good safety if you don't know where to start. WTC will be BIG but it's mooning. Definintely gonna go up as well.

>take initiative, make suggestions, ask questions. Even if you have 4 years experience, keep asking those questions.
in my experience thats the best way to get fired or not hired again. never tell the boss that he does a shitty job and you could do it better.

If you're starting as a broke neet, like most of this board, then you need to get some priorities in order. Start working out and eating well. Take care of yourself first. Money will be no good if you're unhealthy, ugly and fat.

Do you have a job? Skills? If you have nothing then look at your age. If you're young, get trained in a profession. Don't go to university. Learn a trade that will be in demand and pays well.
If you're working at a job that allows savings, then start saving. Don't go trying to invest money that you will need to pay rent or eat. Don't take out a loan to buy crypto unless you're 100% sure that will work. So don't do it.
Make decisions today that you will be glad you made in 10 years.
Peoples priorities here seem fucked up to be honest. I'm 33 years old, work a job where I make about 100k a year. But it took me my whole life to get here. No college, no training. I fucked up. I'm not rich. But I'm working on it. I wish I could go back to my 20s I'd of saved a lot more of my money. Generally be as Jewish as possible. Don't spend a dollar you don't need to. Be cheap in every aspect of life. Don't chase women. Focus on yourself. Chances are you will take many many years to realize your goals so start with a good foundation.

My dad is based . Heres some advice he told me like when i was 12 or so.

>> there is no point in rushing if you dont know where you are going . Figure out what you want to do before doing something. Anything.
>> never forget what you are, what you were and why you act the way you do now. Dont become the monster you are trying to kill .(he was an alcohol).
>> I fucked up in life but i was smart enough to teach you how not to fuck up. Learn from everyone, copy the successful and avoid repeating the same mistake someone already made.
>> Interpersonal relationships are tricky, family or otherwise. Surround yourself with people that like you for what you are, not for who you were, for how much you have or for what you may become. Because those are the people that will leave you alone when you decide to be true to yourself.
>> (regarding race and genetics). Prejudice is fine, you can judge a book by its cover but you must be willing to read it , otherwise you might be missing something great. Remember that we are all given our cards at birth, some people get a bad hand an gamble they way through life. Some get all aces and fuck up anyways. Whatever you do , always keep in mind whats your hand and hows best to play it for you instead of watching how the guy next to you is doing.
>> Never spit or piss against the wind.

And thats a small fraction of his advice

Based dad ftw.

>live with ur mom for reduced or no rent
>go to community college which is basically free
>work part time (or fulltime if u want) keeping 20% in ur bank account and 80% in crypto
>Do this until u graduate and find a real job win at life

Its quite simple honestly. Most of the issues normies and weirdos experience have simple answers. also dont settle down with a woman at all its unnecessary. if u get horny or feel lonely just fap or buy a whore.