Universal Basic Income

What are your thoughts on a Universal Basic Income (UBI)?
(does not have to be Universal, can apply to say a certain % of the poorest or so)

How would you implement one if you could?

What percentage of the government budget would you allow it to have?

How much would it be yearly by your estimation?

Answer these questions or however you like.
Your responses will be recorded and depending on whether they turn out memeful enough, I will post the resulting document tomorrow or the next day.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitsonline.com/roger-ver-country-government/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

UBI will only work once most work done by robots and humans are exploring space, constantly finding new tech and resources on asteroids and planets.

UBI will not work while humans are only on earth.

A retarded idea that would destroy the economy, but a good way to keep the poor in their condition and assure that they will vote for you.

it will happen once unemployment levels get bad enough

have yet to hear a better solution to the coming ai jobs apocalypse

>What are your thoughts on a Universal Basic Income (UBI)?
Commieland instead of lamboland, you'll be entirely dependent on govt tit. Enjoy the gulag.

>can apply to say a certain % of the poorest
Progressive taxes are retarded and incentivize people on certain income brackets not to work, I have never and will never stand for those.

How about we scrap the whole "big government" idea and let the free market work it out.

Also, UBI is reddit tier bullshit. You have to be literally retarded to think it would work.

wont be able to fund the gibmedats in the new crypto economy, no coiners cucked once again

It's a literal inevitability as long as both automation and the human population keep increasing, and the longer we ignore that, the bigger the backlash will be when it suddenly becomes a necessity.

Politicians promising to pay everybody 'free' money. They call it "Universal Basic Income." Because of emerging technology, the monopolistic globalist mega corporations won't need humans, almost entirely. Millions of jobs will vanish. The malignant way is to kill everybody they don't need. The benign way is to just dangle a carrot in front of you. And then you become even more of a slave than you already are (as an indebted wage slave).

wont work until most shitskin countries have been nuked to the ground and the infection removed from western countries

I cant see how a communist revolution after countless lies and deaths for the kaiser's stupid dreams is bad and not to be expected.

(I am btw not in favor of nor opposed to any particular viewpoint)

But
What if we were (in America) to take the 2/3 of the budget on 'mandatory spending' (mostly medicare, medicaid, social security) + all of the other current welfare programs, and push them somewhere else?
>Namely into a UBI for x% of the bottom earners

Why the fuck would you pay people for being bottom earners? It'd be better to use those resources to provide more opportunities and better working conditions.

Essentially so that you don't have to worry about dying of starvation or thirst or the cold unless you move back in with your parents who may or may not exist, if you lose your job or your money

>inb4 hurr I'm an edgy teenager and durr muh darwinism lol

everyone white, average IQ = 100: yes
niggers, hispanics present: no

It will attract the biggest flock of niggers you have ever seen in your life

I don’t think it matters that humans are in space or not, just that robots have replaced so much labor that only a small percentage of the human population has employment, in space or otherwise

AI is a meme

Lmao wanna move here?
bitsonline.com/roger-ver-country-government/

U might be retarded, a trial program in Finland found that the segment given free allowance each month with no st nd attached spent more time contributing to the economy, a reduced sense of financial anxiety or something

You’re right, new technology never creates new jobs

It’s just a stupid jerk off populist message, honestly

Welfare programs protect you privileged assholes from being put to the guillotine in an uprising of the poor.

UBI would be even more effective at that, dropping crime levels even further.

You hate the poor, I get it. But punishment doesn't protect you from their anger. UBI is the perfect pacifier.

today's poor people live better than the kings of 500 years ago. poor people aren't being punished.
get any sort of valuable skill and you can easily make the lower middle class
You're just crying because you're not being paid as much as the guys who spent decades honing their skills while you sat around & bitched on welfare.

>a trial program in Finland found that the segment given free allowance each month with no st nd attached spent more time contributing to the economy, a reduced sense of financial anxiety or something
You fucking retard, of course it's "fine" when you only give it to a few thousand people, who doesn't like free money. Now try the same with 300,000,000 people. Bam. Hyper-inflation.

It's just communism with a new name.
>"hey wouldn't it be awesome if we could just get everything we need for free"

I'm fine with it as long as only white Christians get it.

tell that to the africans and indians who shitts on streets

i'm talking about western nations.
africans are incapable of long term thinking and indians have too many kids for their own good

More money for me to invest in crypto.

The long run outcome would look similar to slavery and it already kind of exists if you come from a culture where your influences are experienced in getting the handouts. For example NEETs who live at home beause they dont feel like working vs someone from the ghetto who applies for section 8 on their 18th birthday because they dont feel like working.

If everyone's income increased the same amount, prices would increase to reflect this. It would do literally nothing.

>UBI
And who is going to pay for this? The 1%? Lolololol.

This, seriously. All you have to do is look at current migration from 3rd world countries to see the pattern. Countries with the biggest gibs are getting fucked in the ass and their citizens are paying the price for it.

What about UBI that is decentralized on a blockchain and distributed to people via smart contracts? that way there is no government to control it no one will ever shut it down because it is in the best interest of common people to support it. Robots that do the actual work will deposit their "earnings" into a system that will then redistribute the funds to people's addresses according until some quota is reached.

Why wouldn't the companies that own the robots keep their money?

Who's gonna buy their products if people have no money?

And companies that own resources? What would prevent them from hoarding resources keep power? We'd be at their mercy if there wasn't a solution to that. That could be applicable to governments, too.

id be fine with it xD more money for crypto

Fucking over young working people into giving away their livelihood so welfare bums can have 10 children.

Cryptos are made literally so we can escape that dystopian idea.

UBI is a necessary good and nice and it's important dude! you just don't get it where's my check

Brown people have to get forced sterilization.
White people are ineligible.