/rgt/ - Robhihood General Thread

Robinhood is a commission free stock trading app on iOS/Android

--Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are shit and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-shit for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.

-- Links --
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nasdaq.com/article/lyft-close-to-selecting-ipo-adviser-20170928-00179
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ceru

dare dare yaza

Dat HMNY dip....

WOW!

hey did CEI ever get that merger HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

JUST

I have 4000$ to yolo what should i put it in

>VERI

everyone laugh at the bagholders

NAK

DRYS

Any buy the RTNB Dip?
I got in at 1.34.

No, but if you insist, why?

By the way did anyone make money of BIOA by buying when it was undervalued in the .30's range? Because this is one of those cases where being patient paid off.

so they have company bagholding

Down 10% and I'm not fucking selling!

DRYS is near it's all time low

Buy low
Sell high

Buy VMIN and just forget about it for 10 years.

DRYs is OK if you have the balls to day trade, it gets pumped and dumped almost everyday.

Never long it because georgi will steal your money and rape you with reverse splits

You are a VERI marine!

AMAT
QBAK
ACER
MACK

It was only a dollar something in August I don't want to risk buying it for twice as much

I've thinking of getting VMIN on the dip next volatility happening

It seems to be better for short term trading vs XIV. The low volume and high expense ratio are kinda scary tho

DWT today

MNKD sell at 2.20

CHFS sell at 1.00

I'm going to increase my position to 4x what I currently have to average down, and get out after lunch with some profit.

let me know when you are done averaging down and starting to sell the bags.

thats when ill buy desu

RIP RAD i all in hoped @ 2.41 and dropped 12%. just gotta hold...just...hold...

Anyone else get in roku? Got in at 16 f a m

Dynashill, UVXY dip looking tasty?

anyone in AMMA? got in at 1.7 wish i out in more lol

If by tasty you mean giving away your money to your local synagogue

no only buy xiv

I'm in at 17.5

listen to what this kike has to say

Buddy it's at 2.01

How are you playing it? I'm expecting a three day rally into Monday somewhere into the mid 20s and will dump then but it's also an interesting hold

Well, I'm short the Dow if this keeps up. May Soros be with me.

It's too late to buy XIV, too much risk and you'll get baby gains

Wait till the next hard dip. It went from $95 to $68 in a week last month

*about to

I have no idea. It was my first buy and didn't know how to sign up. It looks like I set it to sell today.

I was just signing up and saw Roku go with an IPO. I really like the product, have three in my house. Weird way to do it, but I'll learn.

No, I put a limit in to get in a $2.00 ad it never filled, then mooned.

I threw an tantrum

I'm done with this fucking app.

Where are my DWT marines at?

Yeah it's such a mainstream device now, more popular than tivo which is in the 19s after years on the market. This should easily outperform TiVo.

what is sarcasm.

Is there a way to change my order from sell today to indefinite? Or, am I stuck with what I did?

ROKU is up to 18 now am I too late? Should I dump my DRYS for it?

>DRYS
Keep your misfortune away from my holdings
Did the sell order process? If so you're stuck, if not you can cancel

>tfw im the only one in /rgt/ who had balls big enough to play Blackberry earnings

Do i get to be chad now?

Get in on the Big5 dip, gonna get back up to $8 soon.

you should never be holding DRYS to begin with...

Am I too late to make it on ROKU

When I bought, it was default to sell today. I can't see a way to change that to hold.

Jumping on this NXTD dip.

Got 2000 shares @ 2.15

Feels good man

Do you not know how buying stocks works?

ROKU is going to be finished and bankrupt in a few years. So many ways to stream netflix and the like now.

They should've had stock like 10 years ago

YES FAGGOT I PUT A LIMIT ORDER IN AT $2.00 PER FUCKING SHARE, THE PRICE DIPPED BELOW $2.00 AND ROBINHOOD DIDN'T FILL IT.

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Nah it should shoot up to the low-mid twenties the next few trading days sell then

MFIN gunna have a good short squeeze soon

Maybe. It's built in to two of my Tv's and I have an external box hooked to my projector. I could see it going away if something better supplants it, but it has some good market saturation right now and it's literally replacing cable boxes.

I got in at 19.71. Wish I'd have acted sooner

hooooold!

how do these things get such high short interest?

Monthly chart is low
Weekly chart is low
Daily chart is low

buy low sell high! why do people short stocks like that so far into the ground? Im fucking buying it

Why did the stock dip?

Could it be that a seller and a buyer had an arrangement?

Could it also be there was no seller at your price, faggit?

STFU!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok this might hit 30 if we don't have another down day like this past Monday

you still have to have someone sell you your shares.

Alot of people don't understand that there are actually people trading stocks... Even if the market says its at 1.98 doesn't mean any shares are on the ask under $2.00 to sell and that sell to get to 1.98 could've only been one share.

Its like when people buy 1000 shares at $1.00 and sell it at 1.20 but then it goes to 1.50 and they go omg i could've sold above 1.20 but in reality only 500 shares traded above 1.20 so there is no way they could've gotten rid of their 1000 shares when only 500 shares where traded.

there are only so many shares to a company (supply and demand) if your order didn't get filled its probably because there where no trades to fill it.

what the fuck I'm down 1,000 already this morning

>"Surely this deatbeat pharmacy with no good stores left in a dying retail industry will rebound!"

Yer. I'm seeing that. Ok so some noob questions.

>what happens at 4:00 when it's set to sell? I get the earnings back in my account?
>Could I then set it to buy in at the same price when the market opens to hold for the week?

buy some MFIN it looks like its about to head up

Well fuck. I made so many gains off of warrants.

i was thinking why not buy uvxy before volatility goes up? instead of just buying xiv when volatility has gone up?

wow that is an interesting idea. well done gold star for u friend

Poe's Law

because you have to sell your XIV before you can buy UVXY.

Buy BBRY if you dont want to be poor

wow really ?

Anyone got any strong picks they recommend?

Got 40k to put in, right now just thinking of increasing my shares in YY and MU

Well actually that's not true. You can do what ever you want, but it just seems better to sell any XIV you're holding before buying UVXY, unless you enjoy just paying the fund's expenses, or lack confidence in your UVXY exposure in which case you can just get an unleveraged meme.

Ah nm. Figured it out.

>"Jared, make sure to double down on your Blackberry holdings, this stock is going places, BIGLY"

>jared make sure to go in bigly on that uvxy because im about to crash this market with no survivors

I'm in for CRSP

pre Nobel run up

Today is just printing money

Fuck you guys. Why didn't anyone say Roku was going public today?

Fuck, I didnt know either. But its completely normal for IPOs to rise 30% on opening day because of they way they're structured.

No shit. We could have day traded that shit. Make 20% in a couple hours easy, then get the fuck out.

Yeah, it's up 52%.

>MNKD

Stop getting FOMO you faggot. Always more opportunites to make money

It's stopped going up should I get out or will it still go up over the next few days

>Scalping Penny Stocks

What gain % do you sell at?

Roku is a solid product with 17% market share. There's no reason it should fall for at least a year or two.

This is the million dollar question isn't it retard

>He doesn't know how companies are valued

Spoon feed me.

nasdaq.com/article/lyft-close-to-selecting-ipo-adviser-20170928-00179

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Lyft Inc is close to hiring an initial public offering (IPO) advisory firm, in the first concrete step by the second biggest U.S. ride service company to become publicly listed, according to people familiar with the matter.

Lyft's IPO preparations come as its larger competitor, Uber Technologies Inc, is attempting to recover from a range of scandals. In August, Uber's new CEO Dara Khosrowshahi set a new tentative timeline for Uber's IPO of between 18 and 36 months.

The IPO advisory firm will help Lyft's management select underwriters and plan the offering, which could come as early as next year, the sources said this week, asking not to be identified because the deliberations are confidential. The timing of the plans could still change, the sources added.

The ride-hailing company has already finished the interviews for picking the IPO advisory firm and is expected to make a decision shortly, the sources said. IPO advisory firms work independently from the investment banks and do not sell shares in an IPO.

================================

Is this the next Roku?

>cant even buy otc pink sheet stocks

Trying to get a general feel of biz. Thinking of doing 5% or 7.5% depending on how shitty the company is. First time using this strategy.

Go ahead and buy. Sold my bags for a loss of a couple hundred. Got 10k share exposure to NAK now.