Why is it "cool" to be mean?

Why is it "cool" to be mean?

All throughout school I observed this. Mean douchebags and bitches were the "cool" kids. I thought eventually they would grow out of it, but even now people for some reason respect douchebag lawyers and businessmen

Why is capability valued over virtue? A hard working humble slave is in my eyes a thousand times more of a man than a two faced politician who takes bribes, yet society does not view it this way

Historically many societies had traditions of poor men who were greater than even the leaders, because of their wisdom and sagacity. America has no such tradition of poor wise men, instead it values doing anything to get money, even if that means sacrificing your ethics

Why is being mean, being greedy, being cruel, viewed positively? Are there just two different types of people and I'm not one of the types who view it positively?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982214013487
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

typically "nice guys" lack that grit in their personality that indicates they've experienced things in life, so their kindness comes off as plastic and affected. that isn't authentic goodness, it's knock-off goodness, sheltered late-capitalist soyboys larping as men who have earned their wisdom

authentic goodness is rare these days so people go for the next best thing, since there's something pretty bloodless and effeminate about "nice guys". I'm not telling you to be an asshole, I'm telling you you gotta get on their level of social acuity and still stick to your principles.

Showing how's the "alpha" aka who can boss others around is a straight of strength that is primal. Some people love it and think its cool. A rational person or an empathetic person sees it otherwise. Thankfully most of humans developed due to the rational/empathetic traits. However since this is a game theory world, in these systems there exist a small amount of shitters to take advantage of this system of reciprocity but we punish those who get caught doing those bully anyway.

I'm not talking about "nice guys" and getting girls, I'm talking about society in general.

Also even if I was talking about that, your response is kind of ridiculous. Douchebag trust fund babbies in high school experienced things in life and have grittily earned their wisdom? Okay lol

nice reading comprehension

>Someone offers a refutation to your claim
>Just say they don't know how to read
W E W

you really don't

It probably all comes down to confidence.

Mean people come across as more confident.

he is right tho

This to a degree
I feel like my time here has warped me to a degree. There's nothing wrong with banter but don't lose yourself in it. Is there not a boringness to an academic yet sterile environment? Then again there doesnt need to be malice. Why is anyone mean? Pain? I'd say it might be praised because you are literally "putting them down" thus making you seem elevated in comparison. It's strange. We graduate yet seem to fail kindergarten. We gloss over the simplest lessons of all. Things seemed better as a child, even though children can be just as cruel. However everyone seemed to get progressively shittier as I entered middle school amd high school. Especially high school, I feel there's a lot of stupid dick measuring in that period of life. So maybe it's born out of insecurity? I'm going to assert I am stronger or better than this person so that the group will choose me over them? I can see this
to a degree but I feel it is too simple.

Winners and losers? Is it how we view the outcome of a game? Saw this thing recently where this guy posted he did 40 pushups and this other guy posted and was like well I did 41. Dude seems like he's being an obvious dick vut the first guy was just like good job dude keep it up and it threw me off. I don't know dude, don't waste your time when people do stupid shit. If you know it doesn't make sense why bother? There's more important shit to think about.

What are your thoughts so far OP?

&Humanities strikes again

I drink alcohol before "extreme" social situations and I'm a dick to almost everyone, but not in a "evil" way but playful.

I've noticed that since I do that more people like me in general. I remember being nice and beta to everyone around me and no one respected me or liked me.

I think people prefer to be around strong and established people, especially around dominant men.

can confirm this to be true, even on a slight buzz from two beers I tend to pursuit what I want without any fear, regret or beta feelings. i wish i was drunk 24/7. i'm just a better person.

He or she who barks loudest and dominates a certain physical territory, either physically or verbally, is viewed as an alpha male or female.

Never forget that we are animals.

From wiki article on ethology:
Often in social life, animals fight for the right to reproduce, as well as social supremacy. A common example of fighting for social and sexual supremacy is the so-called pecking order among poultry. Every time a group of poultry cohabitate for a certain time length, they establish a pecking order. In these groups, one chicken dominates the others and can peck without being pecked. A second chicken can peck all the others except the first, and so on. Higher level chickens are easily distinguished by their well-cured aspect, as opposed to lower level chickens. While the pecking order is establishing, frequent and violent fights can happen, but once established, it is broken only when other individuals enter the group, in which case the pecking order re-establishes from scratch.

not OP thanks for posting this.

the reason why people act like dicks
is so they can have others see them putting others below them.

Have you ever seen a person be a dick when no one is around?

Tfw became a girl and being a dick to strong dominant men is just cute now.

Wearing a skirt doesn't make you a girl, John

Yeah, I like this thread but it could have gone on other boards. Fukken hiroshimoot

Mean people are often mean because they have higher social status and can treat their inferiors however they want

The human ape has a pecking order too

Same as when high ranking animals bite/scratch/snarl at/steal from lower ranking animals

Despite what Disney taught you, nature is a cruel bitch

You just wish you got paid a thousand dollars to jerk off and be pretty lmaoing@yourlife

People often mistake
>being mean with being strong
>being good with being weak
>and being smart(cautions) with being cowardly
>being reckless(stupid) with being brave
>being confident with being right

I know that feel bro

I don't care to play into petty dominance hierarchies 24/7 everywhere I go, I'm just generally reserved and respectful of people and people generally shit on me for it if they're not outright taking advantage of my good will, on the rare occasion when I do engage in banter I triple check myself to ensure that it is not too cutting and mean

I don't know what to think and I generally isolate myself these days, it's probably for the better for all parties involved

Stop caring so much for other people and start caring about yourself. No one gives a shit about you.

Man, stop caring about that.
People will shit on you if you do not stand for yourself.

It's not merely about people shitting on each other.

It's about people CONSTANTLY shitting on each other, one upping each other, and the person most concerned with shitting on everyone else the most ruthlessly making it to the top and "winning".

I don't need it, I don't get anything out of it, I'd rather not participate in general it's all so exhausting

>it's all so exhausting
Low test.

Yes.
And you know why?
because they think they can do it without any consequences.
I am normally polite and quiet but I have some episodes in my life that I chimped out and you know it was really refreshing after that as practically nobody give me shit long time and people suddenly being polite and respectable towards you.

Thing is when you are on top you do not deal with all that shit.

>I am normally polite and quiet but I have some episodes in my life that I chimped out and you know it was really refreshing
You're /myguy/. It feels so fucking good, you feel on top of the world, almost like a amphetamine high.

The biggest lie in current times is that the violence is not the answer.
It is, it works and sometimes its not even best answer but also only.
It great feeling when you just not give a shit anymore.

Morality is a spook

/r9k/ here, long experience at the bottom has confirmed 2 things

1: normies like "confidence", they don't like sad saps, they might be kind to someone upset because their grandma died, but it is not what they look for in a friend, in the unlikely event they invite you to a party or something you better cut that shit out or their patience will run out, being down all the time is repulsive to them even though we may have more of a connection to a depressed cynical person than a normy it is not the same for them

2: actual Chads and Stacies don't bully, they just ignore you, you aren't part of their world, however they have no need to bully you. It is normies who imagine themselves as popular and successful but aren't quite there for one reason or another who tend bully, the chick who is chatty and gossipy yet not very attractive, the wannabe gangsta who wonders why the people who matter in his life don't respect him

humans are apes that follow their instincts for social status and dominance like says, it is possible to navigate through the normies tho, it is not a hopeless situation

Stop being a beta bitch, turn your life around you fuck. You castrated yourself on purpose.

>actual Chads and Stacies don't bully
True. Chads are unironically bros, Stacies do generally ignore you outright, it's all of the people below chad and Stacy desperately trying to claw their way to the top who tend to be bullies.

On paper, people are supposed to like being around nice dudes. But in reality it's just a glimmer of hope for soft men. Mean guys possess the strength of will and lack of empathy to get what they want in life without feeling guilty.

It's an interesting sliding scale

The more kind you are, the more dominant/cruel people are drawn to you because they know you won't resist them or fight back

Natural slaves attract natural masters

this
I wish I wasn't so empathetic

It may sound patethic as fuck but majority of my "mature brain growth" occured when I was drinking a lot. I never had a father or anyone to look up to, my father left my mother so I was alone with her.

Drinking helped me to break almost free from being a total feminized bitch.

It can work with men to a degree, women less so. A man will likely stop bullying you if you assert your own power. Unless he has more social dominance/soft power in which case he can just claim you're a crazy psycho who chimped out on him. Women less so. It is exceedingly difficult if not impossible for a woman to change her perception of someone one she's placed him into a neat box/category. They'll always deep down see you as "faking" your strength. That's why they're more difficult to make stop bullying.

When I had a part time job in high school I had a giga manlet coworker who would constantly run his mouth, I often let him insult me because I felt so sorry for him, if it ever came to blows i would have take his head off because I was a full head taller than him and 50 lbs heavier, would the appropriate response been to beat him up? For what?

It's all so tiresome, I'm fully content existing outside of the boundaries of normalfagdom, it's always the goofy looking manlets so concerned with this shit, better to let them stew in their own shit.

He would probably fuck your shit up, don't delude yourself. Height is irrelevant.

Manlets, will they ever learn

I agree and disagree with some of this. People like arrogance. The arrogant loudmouth who tells everyone it's safe to eat the weird berries will often be believed over the meek fellow who says they'll make the group sick. Like how when a meek person tells a joke nobody laughs at but then they roar with laughter at the same joke told by the arrogant guy. It makes sense though. A meek person is a liability to group safety and cohesion. If you give off the vibe that you're a bitch then odds are you probably will not effectively fight when the group is confronted by an enemy tribe/clan. Intimidation is like 50% of tribal warfare. You want to follow the ape slapping his chest and flinging shit over the ape watching the chinese tourists and being cutesy.

You're definitely right about alphas not being the bully type. And this HAS been proven in most ape species. Alphas have no real need to terrorize low ranking members of the group because everyone can see their power. It's the high ranking, but not elite members of the group who enjoy terrorizing lesser apes. They have something to prove. I know most of you are poorfags but it's like how upper-middle class people are so fucking mean spirited and haughty compared to the truly rich. Alphas typically don't confront unless confronted, everyone is already too afraid to try anything funny.

It's even been noted by zoologists that the most violent mate guards are actually not the alpha males, but the semi-alphas.

Like how Brad will get in your face if you glance at his gf but Chad will just smirk, squeeze her ass, and say "well she IS hot, could you handle her?" while she laughs at the lesser male and massages the alphas arm slightly.

you're right, my past 16 year old self should have woken up one day and instantly become a herculean ubermensch alpha male
I know right. It is something /r9k/ doesn't want to admit. Something about me seems to attract the worst people who immediately attempt to bully, I am bully bait, but I can't recall a single incident where Chad and Stacy tried to plough into me.

I don't like the "insecure people bully" meme, it sounds like wishful thinking. It is more like frustrated people.

>Height is irrelevant
You're certifiably retarded

>>>/khazad-dum/

It is.

t.manlet
Girls totally don't care youre 5'7

>when a meek person tells a joke nobody laughs at but then they roar with laughter at the same joke told by the arrogant guy
When a meek person tells a joke it is like someone telling a joke in the middle of a funeral. Normies don't "feel it".

>It's even been noted by zoologists that the most violent mate guards are actually not the alpha males, but the semi-alphas.
Source?

This would make sense from the perspective of evolutionary psychology, though I want to avoid memes.

Who /weird looking omega male that nobody fucks with because they're so fucking odd and somewhat intimidating looking and even if they do interact with you they're so off put by your autism they just keep their distance anyway not even daring to bully you/ here?

Heh. Get on my level plebs. I've been operating outside of your simple simian ape paradigm since freshman year of highschool.

Yeah. I've even noticed alpha male chimpanzees, gorillas, baboons, etc. allowing group outcasts/omegas to groom them and be groomed themselves. And among humans I've noticed that alphas have this odd kind of pity mixed with some contempt for low status people. Like how the rich are usually nicer towards the actual poor or top tier popular kids interacting with lonely outcasts (provided they aren't annoying sperglords). They have nothing to lose from the association because they're already elites.

Not this user but it only make sense.
Alpha on top is usually to strong and intimidation for anyone to pull this shit and if anyone try he can crush them with impunity.
On the other guys in the middle fear not only these who could rose from below them but also need watch their backs on their fellow middle guys and smooth things with the big guy.

To be honest I have that little theory that Alpha guys do not see Beta as competitions but more like a resources as Beta alone rarely challenge him or even when challenge rarely can stand change. Its the want to Alpha and other Alphas that can pose dangers.
Its no a pity. These lower ranking guys are not a danger to them. Its like you are a king - bigger dangers come from other kings or or offspring or other big guys with aspirations not from a rank and file soldier or a slave.

You operate exactly in it.
You not a alpha but you just smell like danger and there is little to gain for challenging/bullying you.

We are animals. Being mean is power and shows you are the stronger individual, animals don't like weakness and actively seek to be around the strong.

The reason why the slave is "more of a man" is because I assume you are a weaker person, most likely intimidated by the more powerful politician. No on gives a shit about virtue, we are animals.

The greed cruelty you mentioned it all just comes down to power, because again - we are animals.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982214013487

This is why females select for charismatic alphas. A man who can call upon other men to fight for/with him will have drastically higher odds of survival (and by extension his offspring).

>It is something /r9k/ doesn't want to admit.
/r9k/ doesn't hate Chad per se.

I would say that real alpha would keep his seed under control and do not go wide but for best quality woman.
Why?
If he go wide he only undermine his base as all of this half alphas, wannabe alphas and hidden alphas that arise would go after his legal successors that he trained or even after him.
On the other hand if he grant his betas lower quality women(instead of hoarding all women for himself) he not only get more power by having betas serve him but also limit a scale of further troubles that would come from his own illegal offspring.

/r9k/ hate itself mostly and roasteis second. They do not hate Chad but they really hate fake alphas(as real alpha would just leave them be as he has no interest to bullying them as they pose no threat to him).

That's why chieftains would reward loyal followers with women, captive from other groups and domestic. But he still had the lion's share of women. Remember, sperm is cheap.

is this a Veeky Forums thread...

Tru

Humanities. Bitch

what the actual fuck man? they're almost the same height, dont compare

>broscience: the thread

Well. If its works then its not that stupid like it looks.

When you realize everyone, but the extreme bullies in high school were just trying to be nice and start a conversation with you, but you completely mistook thier playful jests as serious.

>We graduate yet seem to fail kindergarten
This a million times

>I drink alcohol before "extreme" social situations and I'm a dick to almost everyone, but not in a "evil" way but playful.
Yeah it's just playful

Playful meanness, playful bullying, it's just a joke bro! Playful pushing other people around

Fuck you

America is scat

I was an asocial loner who never talked, but all the popular kids in my overcrowded non-white high school were super nice and polite. Everyone just seemed to get along and I couldn't notice any real cliques. Middle school was completely different though.