>Tfw you'll never take back the Holy City from the Muslims
>Tfw you'll never fight desperately to defend your family from the Mongolians
>Tfw you'll never finish the reconquista
>Tfw you'll never stop the ottomans advance at vienna with Jan
>Tfw you'll never fight for your faith in the 30 years war
>Tfw you'll never travel the world and plant the union jack around the world
>Tfw you'll never help big boy bismark form the German empire
>Tfw you'll never fight for God and Country in the trenches

>Tfw there's a 99.8% chance you'll live an uneventful life and die unremembered, despite your ambitions
Why even live?

Very sad, have a wojak

Agreed, here's my wojak

>wanting to fight in WW1

>Not wanting to fight in WWI

I concur with both of these, I'll contribute my wojak too.

99.8% of the people that fought in those wars lived a shitty life and died unremembered.

I know that fucking feel so much OP
All I wanna do is give my life for a cause, any cause. I'd gladly be the first soldier to get his shit kicked in on the battlefield if it meant I got to fight for my country or god or both.
>tfw I will never get to fight like a real man with a gladius and scutum in hand

I would prefer to fight in any other war than a world war but I'd take world war one or two if that's my only option.

I'm sorry, but if Passchendaele or Verdun or Somme stories don't horrify you I don't know what will.

Not like the shitty average life of the modern man is worth anything either. I'd rather die a real man who at least contributed to something than a meaningless life with the comforts of modern society.

It's a toss up for me between WW1 or the 2nd's Ostfront.

Wrong

Agreed. With modern technology the era of the footsoldier is practically over though. War in the future will be fought with drones and robots.

They sound horrific but part of being a man is jumping into adventure thick and thin. Not wanting to fight in a battle merely because it sounds scary makes you a limp faggot, not a wise man.

What's that old Latin saying I remember from playing Rome Total War? "Dulce bellum inexpertis"?

Honestly I'd rather not fight in WW1 if at all possible. Not because of any fear of death or such, but just the depraved shit that happened during it. People have always been brutal about how they kill but that's brutal and conventional warfare. Fuck that man. I'd prefer being a roman soldier, the Punic wars or conquer of Ghaul would probably be my first choices.
Don't fucking remind me man I'm already sad about it.

>wrong
name .02% of people that participated in a single one of those wars. (i.e if the total number of participants in the war was 300,000 for one belligerent name 6,000 men)

if you attribute a meaningful life to being cannon fodder for a general who didnt give a shit about you personally, thats your problem. there are plenty of hobbies and skills and crafts you can devote yourself to and make a name for yourself thay way. going and getting killed as a nameless, unremembered, and conscripted soldier is taking the easy way out because you dont want to work for your glory.

>name .02% of people that participated in a single one of those wars. (i.e if the total number of participants in the war was 300,000 for one belligerent name 6,000 men)
The burden of proof is on you newfriend, you're the one who made the initial assertion. Prove to me that 99.8% of people who fought in European wars throughout the entire history of Europe lived shitty lives.

I don't need glory or recognition for a life well lived though. I view fighting to forward your cause or beliefs is already a glorious way to live or die.
Also
>Judging what others view as a meaningful life

Literally all those things would be horribly uncomfortable and generally suck.

the point isn't that they lived shitty lives though, and if us living like better-than-royalty compared to the average person back during any of those scenarios isn't enough to say that they had pretty awful lives, you're just disputing it to divert attention away from the fact that all of those people are unremembered and likewise can't be said that they lived meaningful lives.

so fighting a war is the only way to forward a cause of belief? you couldn't just go into politics and try to create a better life for everyone by being a part of the political process? you want to kill somebody in the name of your cause in order to consider your life well-lived?

>exterminating the Gauls for Caesar's political clout

pretty much yeah.
>not heading back to rome with riches and slaves from Ghaul

>99.8% of the people that fought in those wars lived a shitty life
then when challenged to provide evidence posts
>the point isn't that they lived shitty lives though
Your skill in debate is that of a toddler if the minute you're challenged to provide evidence you shift to another argument.

Also, calling their life's shitty just because they don't have modern luxuries like we do is fucking retarded and quite honestly, you should lurk more before you post. Going by the standards of the time, a lot lived fairly decent lives. You can't just say "a Frankish soldier in 768AD didn't have an XBOX like I do so his life was shitty". That makes you out to be an entitled brat.

>"I wish cawadooty was real!"

You need a hobby, user

>hurr war isn't pretty hurr
How's high school anons? Enjoying the Red Badge of Courage?

>Implying I play CoD
>Implying I want to to back and fight in wars never covered by CoD because I play CoD
>Implying I've never fought in a warehouse
Almost assuredly a liberal cuck

War* not warehouse. Fuck me

>shifting to another argument when challenged
could say the same about you, I used the number 99.8% as a flippant remark about OP's post using that same number without proof. if you wanted a real debate with cited evidence on an anonymous imageboard you're living a pipe dream. i realize you're going to try and take this further off tangent so I'm going to reassert that the original point is making fun of the idea of a meaningful remembered life through fighting in a war as a nameless grunt and not specifically about the state of their lives

i'm not willing to go look up citations for the sake of this thread so fuck off

>could say the same about you
No, you literally can't because you're the one who instantly shied away from proving your initial assertion
>if you wanted a real debate with cited evidence on an anonymous imageboard you're living a pipe dream
It actually happens very often, especially on Veeky Forums. Maybe you just need to lurk more. Furthermore, just because you don't want to provide evidence to backup your assertion doesn't mean no one provides evidence here you little wriggling faggot.
>I'm going to reassert that the original point is making fun of the idea of a meaningful remembered life through fighting in a war as a nameless grunt and not specifically about the state of their lives
Your first post in this thread was literally
>99.8% of the people that fought in those wars lived a shitty life and died unremembered
Bullshit that wasn't the original point

>i'm not willing to go look up citations for the sake of this thread so fuck off
If you want to shitpost go to /b/ nigger. Furthermore, if you don't want to have to look up citations, don't make fallacious assertions and then go into damage control when you get called out on it

All in all, kys.

>No, you literally can't
drop it, you're the one dragging this topic down this rabbit hole

>It actually happens very often, especially on Veeky Forums
posts with easily referenced proven evidence cited from wikipedia, yes. very often, no.

>Bullshit that wasn't the original point
what part of *flippant remark* don't you understand

>If you want to shitpost go to....
this entire thread wasn't framed for a discussion so i came in with the expectation that it wasn't, and so i'm not willing to engage you in debate over a non-serious post, you're being obnoxious and making a mountain over a molehill but at least you got the (you)s that you wanted

>tfw you'll get the chance to fight the race war in Europe or the US

>drop it, you're the one dragging this topic down this rabbit hole
"Drop it, you're making me look bad" ok faggot lmao.

>posts with easily referenced proven evidence cited from wikipedia, yes. very often, no.
>very often, no.
Lurk more idiot.

>what part of *flippant remark* don't you understand
When I was 14 I, too, used the "what don't you understand" defense as if the other person didn't fully comprehend my utterly autistic argument

>this entire thread wasn't framed for a discussion so i came in with the expectation that it wasn't, and so i'm not willing to engage you in debate over a non-serious post, you're being obnoxious and making a mountain over a molehill but at least you got the (you)s that you wanted
"I misunderstood the purpose of this thread and entered into a serious debate but as soon as I started losing it became a member argument"
How can one kid have so much autism?
Just fucking stop replying, you're making a fool of yourself David.

The End of History sucks bros

Vae Victis

>tfw you'll never fulfill legacy of the Rome.

It's only begining user.

>not wanting to devote your life for your nation, your people, and your Kaiser

I have great respect and admiration for everywhone who fought in the First World War, but with hindsight and knowing the everyday life in the trenches and the reasons for the war in general, I would never choose to go back in time and join up.

You can still go to the Califate and fight for Allah my brother

I thought I read that they got btfo yet again today?

Who told you that you will never do these things, OP? They lied to you. The modern world is the same as the ancient world. Your ancestors still exist. Anything that is possible will happen given sufficient time.

We will march shoulder to shoulder and crush the eternal Mede. Follow your dreams and don't let your enemies dissuade you.

Yeah... Well OP is right, we're fucked if we want to fight for our God in 2017

>Tfw you'll never stop the ottomans advance at vienna with Jan
I feel all of these but this one the most recently