Why Westerners love Buddhism so much?

Why Westerners love Buddhism so much?

It's like so wise and Eastern mang

Because its a philosophy for > 120 IQ.

They got tired of Christianity but can't abandon their religiosity, so they resort to believe in energies and chakras and shit because its a novelty.

Because Buddha had a lot of interesting things to say. It's not just Westerners who love the Buddha. Read a little about it and decide for yourself.

My friend is a white buddhist and he cant seem to stop talking about his hatred towards the Aberhamic faiths. Why cant people understand that all religions promote brotherly love, not just le enlightened Buddha

He really doesn't say anything that impressive. Accept suffering and reject desire. Very common themes in every religion. This is good for your average contrarian Westerner that is surrounded by affluence, but for a someone living in poverty and accepting that they forever suffer unless they meditate will just allow them to stay poor because they cant chase their desires. Buddhism is the lazy mans philosophy. I cant stand living in Nepal and some rich tourist coming to my poor village and talking about how we live such a fulfilling life.

Buddha is essentually jesus light

It poses a different answer to a different question.

In Abrahamic religions, what separates humanity from God? Sin.

In Buddhism, what separates humanity from enlightenment? Ego.

Of course, the answers are always more complex than that, but it appeals to people in a humanly way, focusing much more on the here and now rather than a heaven that may or may not await us.

>focusing much more on the here and now rather than a heaven that may or may not await us.

>spend all life getting rid of desires
>Never find enlightment
Its not a guarantee you will find Nirvana just like its not a guarantee heaven exists

Because Buddha was Aryan

Westerners like to we wuzism with Buddhism because Hitler convinced them they wuz Aryan too

Because alternative spiritualism.

>Accept suffering
>the core of Buddhism is anti-suffering
What did they mean by this?

This.
Also, Buddhism was discovered in the west in the 19th or 20th century, and there is still a lot of teachings that aren't translated or available to the west. Some traditions are very secretive and will only pass the knowledge from teacher to student.
Now, from my personal point of view, Buddhism developed a lot of concepts and rejected some ideas that took a lot of time to develop in the west (e.g. psychology). The historic context of Buddhism is important aswell. The merchant society of India and its superior development at that time compared to western civilizations (in this I can be wrong though, I'm not an historian)

>Buddhism was discovered
Buddhism was re-discovered probably around 16th century with the introduction to Buddhism via Japanese trade.

The 19th century was the century that saw a widespread recognition of the religion of Buddhism. It was already known to the elites/traders for centuries, just not so much for the commoners.

What I mean is that it was only then that scholars actually took up the job of translating and studying Buddhism

Because they have a warped perception of what Buddhism is and like it because they think it is European Liberalism in a religious format.

>Dude no absolutes, no dogmas, no superstitions, smoke weed and just like respect everyone bro!!

When in reality Buddhism is loaded with as many biases and superstitions as every other worldview and philosophy whether it be atheism, Islam, Christianity,etc...

Because the same reason why they love yoga and chakras and all the stuff. It's exotic and shit plus they are tired of Jewish slave mindset in abrahamic faiths.

This. Orientalism plus that GK Chesterton line about when a man stops believing in God he doesn't believe nothing but anything

I think you meant more quality translations/studying of Buddhism. There were probably Buddhists texts and Buddhism being studied by the missionaries/explorers that interacted with the "natives"

>'He really doesn't say anything that impressive.'
>Buddha says to accept suffering

wow
Is this it Veeky Forums, have we found the diletante in its purest form?