Greek naturalistic art is of "white Nordic" origins?

Think again
>The seal stone’s owner, known as the Griffin Warrior after the mythical animal depicted in his grave, was buried around 1450 B.C. He lived at a critical period when the Minoan civilization of Crete was being transferred to cities of the Greek mainland.
>Local chieftains, as the Griffin Warrior may have been, used precious items from Crete to advertise their membership in the Greek-speaking elite of the incipient Mycenaean civilization, the first on mainland Europe. Their descendants, a century or so later, built the great palaces at Pylos, Mycenae and Tiryns, places mentioned by Homer.
>Dr. Davis and Dr. Stocker believe that the seal stone, like other objects in the Griffin Warrior’s grave, was made on Crete. Work of such quality was not being produced anywhere on the Greek mainland at the time. The detail is so fine that it seems the engraver would have needed a magnifying glass, as would admirers of his work.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Green_Head
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, they just copied from egypt and canaanites

Are there any things like that from Egypt?

You know, I imagined that you would reply, and you're simply too uneducated to make that assertion, besides Canaanites were not even loosely approaching that artistic level during that time, about Egyptians, yes, they were the best artists around sculptures wise since the old kingdom

This is a contemproary Canaanite sculpture and it's a bad imitation of the ancient "pharaoh striking enemy captives" motif

Egyptian sculpture was good but they were never dynamic sculptures like the Minoan seals and later Greek statues

Yes and pic related is the Nordic guy that carried it with him.

Shut the fuck up retards

This certainly reminds me the battles from the Homeric epic poems, especially Achilles vs Hector. This was how i immagine that the battles in the war of Troy would have take place.

That pic is from egypt and before gr**k invasion so it was egyptians that made it

You are calling me uneducated?

For 1 piece of art, you are saying canaanite art wasnt high compared to others and that is wrong because egyptians had things like that

Canaanites had art like but it was destroyed

Pic related is from pre roman carthage and dont come telling me it was greeks that made it

For comparison, this contemporary pure "Nordic" art

What is this then

>For 1 piece of art, you are saying canaanite art wasnt high compared to others and that is wrong because egyptians had things like that

Canaantes=/=Egytpians

The sculpture you posted is from the 5th century bc, while what I posted is from the 15th century bc, a thousand years earlier, and is also way more advanced

My ancestor :)

Not dynamic

It's from 350 bc anyway, Hellenistic influence

You don't want to accept that others civ had those sculpture

I dont see anything advanced in that
Pic related is from 1800 BC

370 BC and how can be hellenistic influence?

It was the other way around

You can even see it in early greek art

1)It's Sumerian
2)It's made of clay
3)The Minoan one is dynamic, more detailed and made of fucking glass, much more advanced

>You don't want to accept that others civ had those sculpture

> posts Hellenistic sculpture from 350bc as a proof

lol, thanks for helping my argument that realistic, dynamic sculpture was born in Greece, read a book of art history if you get the chance, favela boy

What does this art represent?

It's from 100-50 BCE, it's a Hellenistic peice of art from the Ptolemaic dynasty,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Green_Head

>It's Sumerian
Its babylonian from 1800 BC

I see you are just trolling, good bye

>Hellenistic
Brainlet, did you even read the wiki article?

Read it then come back

still, 100-50 bc, under the ptolemaic dynasty, greeks

Lol wait

I posted the wrong one

Its amazing that you germanics believe that only greeks made realistic art

Still, Mesopotamian, not Canaanite, give it up.

See
I got confused, i was looking for this one

This one was before greek invasion

I read pic related and i get so mad, look st that shit, westerners believe that only greeks had civ

They think others civ were stupid and didnt do earlier what greeks made later

4th century bc Egypt vs 5th century bc Greek (pic related) lol

Canaanite have had civ from thousands of years, what do you think they were doing?
They built palaces and many greats things way before minoan and greek civ

Semitics did it in 2200 BC lol

They had inferior art, this is a fact

>Akkadian
>Canaanite

lol

>They had inferior art,
Lol

The problem is that you dont want to believe other civ had that art too because you see ancient greeks history as your history because you call yourselves european today

Its well know those lands saw more destruction than greece snd egypt combined, so of course you will find little evidence of their history

You'd be alughed at by any academician if you said something like that

Hundreds of sites have been excavated in the Bronze age Levant and no statue was ever recovered, and Mesopotamia has undergone as much if not more destruction, besides destruction doesn't vaporize statues

There isnt statues from seleucids and ptolemies kings today but that doesnt mean they didnt exist

Why?

Because they were destroyed so just like those statues were destroyed, canaanites art was destroyed too

Stop being so blocked and stupid, man

>There isnt statues from seleucids and ptolemies kings today but that doesnt mean they didnt exist

There are, you utter retard

And plenty of them too

Really looks like a Transylvanian Romanian I know.

There is a difference between some literally who king lacking a statue and some ENTIRE cultures and ENTIRE regions lacking them for the span of 1000 years