Did Slavs come from Turkics or Huns?

Did Slavs come from Turkics or Huns?

They just magically appear after the Hunnic wars.

Other urls found in this thread:

antropologia-fizyczna.pl/statystyki-krajow-regionow-populacji/Polska/pigmentacja-oczu-ludnosci-polski-1956-1965-1995
antropologia-fizyczna.pl/statystyki-krajow-regionow-populacji/Polska/pigmentacja-wlosow-dla-calej-ludnosci-polski-1965
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm sure this thread will remain free of butthurt and receive less than 10 replies

Only Poles and Ukrainians as they are Sarmats. They are also the swarthiest of the Slavs.

Nah OP. Slavs are people from Lusatian culture mixed with Milograd and Zarubintsy. They come from Corded Ware as seen in their Y-DNA.

Goddamn why wouldn't a woman like her step on my face once?

>swarthiest
That would be Balkanites. And if you want to speak about Western and Eastern Slavs, then the Czechs are the swarthiest due to Celtic influence.

Majority of Poles have fair hair and fair eyes despite what you see on meme maps from stormfront.org. I can provide anthropological evidence if you don't believe me.

>Menander Protector mentions a Daurentius (577–579) that slew an Avar envoy of Khagan Bayan I. The Avars asked the Slavs to accept the suzerainty of the Avars; he however declined and is reported as saying: "Others do not conquer our land, we conquer theirs – so it shall always be for us"
He meant to say liberate* theirs btw.

Serbs are the palest in the Balkans

I highly doubt that. That would be Slovenians and Croatians.

Top fucking kek

Croats are swarthy and derive from an Afghan tribe

No, they don't.

You are delusoinal dumbass. Look in the mirror for once in your life.

That image left out the best description:

>Barford cited Procopius as writing that the Slavs "are tall and especially strong, their skin is not very white, and their hair is neither blond nor black, but all have reddish hair. They are neither dishonourable nor spiteful, but simple in their ways, like the Huns (Avars)".

That's not really an argument. Croatians don't come from any Afghan tribes, the evidence for it is laughable at best.

Because of the high admixture of r1a the Slavii or the Venedi tribes were just fucking around in modern day Belarus, Ukraine and Russia. I think Huns are related to the Xiongnu so the came from western China/Tibet.

The balkan Slavs are barely even related to Slavs in the first place. What happened was that some tribes moved there in the chaos of the migration period, and were settled in various locations by the E. Roman Empire. Eventually they were absorbed by the natives , but the language stayed because those lands apart from Illyria , were not really controlled by Byzantine empire anymore.

"There exist two kinds of Slavic people. First kind are people of swarthy complexion and dark hair. They live near the coast of the [Mediterranean] Sea. The other kind are fair people, who live inland." (Ibn al-Faqih)

>Because of the high admixture of r1a the Slavii or the Venedi tribes were just fucking around in modern day Belarus, Ukraine and Russia. I think Huns are related to the Xiongnu so the came from western China/Tibet.
WE

The swarthy Slavs(I2) are natives assimilated into the Slavic language group, those inland are the "original" Slavs with various admixtures. Its no wonder that the two areas with the highest concentration of >muh haplogroups commonly associated with Slavs are...Slovenia and Slavonia, both derive their name from Slav

Slavic languages don't branch in 1500 BC. All linguists agree it happened in the mid 1st millenium.

Polacks, Sorbs and Ethnic Russians seem to be the best candidates for original Slavs when it comes to Y-DNA.

Top fucking kek, especially when you mention Russians.

Balkans were mainly J2, E1b and G before Slavs, like Greece.
The idea of indigenous I2 in the Balkans is science fiction. The region was too heavily affected by the Neolithic and other Middle Eastern migration for there to have been much left.

Are you Slovenian by any chance?

>All linguists agree it happened in the mid 1st millenium.

It's pretty much obvious to anyone with half brain, Slavic languages in like 9th century from Thessaloniki to Novgorod were hardly differentiated and were intelligible. There was pretty much one dialect.

Friendly reminder that the words "Swarthy" and "Slav" are cognates.

The English word for "Swarthy" is derived from Old English "Sweart" (black, dark), which is derived from Proto-Germanic "Swarta" with the PIE root "Swordo" (dirty, dark, black). Then we have the word "Slav", which is a derivation of the original word "Slovo" (pronounced "Swovo"). We can therefore conclude that the word "Slovo" is derived from PIE "Swordo", indicating that Slavs were/are swarthoids.

Sorry to shit on your idiotic theory, but Slavs/Slava come from 'Svarah" meaning "glorious, celebrated, famous"

Sure thing, Swordoid

Not that guy but you Slavic brainlets are so insecure that's it's kinda sad. In English language word slave comes from Slavs, of course in Slavic languages Slav/slovo means different thing.

Serious question. Are you really that stupid or just pretending to get precious (you)s? In any case, you're not hurting anyone with your theories because no one will take them seriously.
What's wrong about discussing history? Are Slavs not allowed?

You're wrong though. It comes from South Slavs that were enslaved by Byzantines. Byzantines used to hold grugde against all Slavs, simply because when united Slavs decimated the Byzantines and made them their slaves, even going as far as drinking from Byzantine's emperor skull.

>What's wrong about discussing history? Are Slavs not allowed?

Did I say you're not allowed to?

>You're wrong though. It comes from South Slavs that were enslaved by Byzantines.

You tell me I'm wrong and then still say it comes from Slavs, are South Slavs not Slavs anymore? Fucking hell you're retarded, probably Polack.

>The idea of indigenous I2 in the Balkans is science fiction
That's not what I read.

Yes, but I don't have anything to do with this Vendi bullshit if that's what you're thinking. Bringing Russians up as the 'prototype' Slav is pretty fucking stupid because Ethnic Russians are a diverse bunch. When I brought up Slovenia and Slavonia I was refering to the Balkans, not Slavs in general.

No it doesn't.

>In English language word slave comes from Slavs
And is often used by brainlets (you?) in a anachronistic way ascribing that meaning to the word before that meaning developed like is doing with Byzantines

Slavs is a linguistic term not a racial term, but they basically came from Poland and all east of that, squatting in the space the Germanics had fled from

>You tell me I'm wrong and then still say it comes from Slavs, are South Slavs not Slavs anymore? Fucking hell you're retarded, probably Polack.
No, you should've pointed out that it comes from South Slavs. That doesn't mean all Slavs. It's like saying Norwegians and South Germans are the same people.
>Yes, but I don't have anything to do with this Vendi bullshit if that's what you're thinking. Bringing Russians up as the 'prototype' Slav is pretty fucking stupid because Ethnic Russians are a diverse bunch. When I brought up Slovenia and Slavonia I was refering to the Balkans, not Slavs in general.
Ethnic Russians are as Slavic as it gets. Maybe you have problems with reading comprehension. No one said anything about Russia as a whole.
>No it doesn't.
Yes, it does.

>It's like saying Norwegians and South Germans are the same people.

What a shitty analogy lmao. First of all I refered to an ethnic group not specific nations so your point is fucking retarded. South Slavs are still Slavs. No one argues that South Germans or Norwegians are same, but they're still Germanics.

Do you have a dog in this fight? Just because some Balkanites were slaves doesn't mean the term should be applied to all Slavs.

The pic you posted doesn't actually negate my theory. As far as I am aware, the current linguistic consesus is that the Slavic autonym is derived from "Slovo" (word), i.e. denoting people that speak the same language. My theory is that rather than deriving from "word", it actually derives from PIE "Swordo" (dirty, dark, black).

>Ethnic Russians are as Slavic as it gets
You're retarded. Ethnic Russians encompass everyone from the Baltic coast (clustering closest to Estonians and Finns) to the fucking Caucasus mountains, calling them 'typical' Slavs in genetic terms is fucking retarded.

No, it doesn't, it literally comes from "slovo". Since you like posting wikipedia articles

>The Slavic autonym is reconstructed in Proto-Slavic as *Slověninъ, plural *Slověne. The oldest documents written in Old Church Slavonic, dating from the 9th century, attest the autonym as Slověne (Cлoвѣнe). The oldest mention of the Slavic ethnonym is the 6th century AD Procopius, writing in Byzantine Greek – Sklaboi (Σkλάβοι), Sklabēnoi (Σkλαβηνοί), Sklauenoi (Σkλαυηνοί), Sthlabenoi (Σθλαβηνοί), or Sklabinoi (Σkλαβῖνοι),[8] while his contemporary Jordanes refers to the Sclaveni in Latin.[9]

Its funny because the meaning developed in eastern Germany, not in the Balkans. The term passed into Latin from Germanic languages, not from the Byzantines. Both the Latin and Greek have different terms for slaves, none of them being associated with Slavs.

Just because you're butthurt it won't change the fact that it comes Slavs, by the time the word got picked up in medieval times no one differentiated or cared about your South Slavs/West Slavs and other groupins because that wasn't a thing at the time or whatever, you were all simply Slavs.

>You're wrong though. It comes from South Slavs that were enslaved by Byzantines. Byzantines used to hold grugde against all Slavs, simply because when united Slavs decimated the Byzantines and made them their slaves, even going as far as drinking from Byzantine's emperor skull.

Those were Bulgarians, not Slavs.

What language do Bulgarians speak again.

>South Slavs
no such thing

The original Bulgarian language was turkic not slavic.

>You're retarded. Ethnic Russians encompass everyone from the Baltic coast (clustering closest to Estonians and Finns) to the fucking Caucasus mountains, calling them 'typical' Slavs in genetic terms is fucking retarded.
as is calling Slovenian mixed trash as Slavs.

I don't care because I'm not a butthurt faggot like you.

The key word here is, "was".
By the 7th century they were already Slavicized.

slovenians are literally the laughing stock of the entire slavdom, even ukrainians achieved more

slovenia? more like literally who

get conquered by slavs or live long enough to become a slav

It appears my superiority has caused some controversy

>Slovenes

superiority in what? being irrelevant for entire history? slovenians never achieved anything and never will, you're austrian cumbucket

It doesn't really matter what you hear. I2 is not Middle Eastern but European. Pre-Slav Balkans was more Middle Eastern than now.

they came up from north-west
what is now ukraine and russia used to be turkic/uralic lands

Why won't Swordos embrace their BLACK heritage? They spend their time arguing over who is the wh*Test but now we have irrefutable evidence that they have 100% BLACK blood.

>Majority of Poles have fair hair and fair eyes
or if you dont believe us just come here and see for yourself. Cunts.

Who implied it was middle eastern?

>I-L621 is typical of the South Slavic populations of south-eastern Europe, being highest in Bosnia-Herzegovina (>50%) in Croats.[3] There is also a high concentration of I-L621 in north-east Romania and Moldova. Several groups have determined the common occurrence of this subclade in the South Slavic-speaking populations to be the result of "pre-Slavic" paleolithic settlement in the region. Peričić et al. for instance place its expansion to have occurred "not earlier than the YD to Holocene transition and not later than the early Neolithic".[18][19][20] The Slavic population can be divided into two genetically distinct groups: one encompassing all West Slavic (Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, etc.) and the non-Slavic Hungarians, East Slavic (Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians, etc.) and a few South Slavic populations (north-western Croats and Slovenes), characterized by Haplogroup R1a, and one encompassing all remaining Southern Slavs (Serbs, Bosniaks, southern Croats, Montenegrins, Macedonians and Bulgarians) but also the non-Slavic Romanians, characterized by Haplogroup I2a1b2 (I-L621). According to Rebała et al., this phenomenon is explained by "contribution to the Y chromosomes of peoples who settled in the Balkan region before the Slavic expansion to the genetic heritage of Southern Slavs".[21] It is attributed to the Cucuteni-Trypillian culture in what is now Ukraine, Romania and Moldova. L69/S163 was removed from I in 2011 and IJK in 2012.[22]

Poles are literally the swarthiest people considering their latitude.

Literally wogs.

Those maps are a biased piece of shit.

Here's a scientific data collected by anthropologists. Majority of Poles are fair eyed (fair means blue, green, grey and everything in between) and fair haired (from light blonde to light brown).

antropologia-fizyczna.pl/statystyki-krajow-regionow-populacji/Polska/pigmentacja-oczu-ludnosci-polski-1956-1965-1995
antropologia-fizyczna.pl/statystyki-krajow-regionow-populacji/Polska/pigmentacja-wlosow-dla-calej-ludnosci-polski-1965

>Polish source

Yup totally legit.

if that were true, then it would be this: 'słowo' means 'word', as in those that keep their word; men of honor. Also 'Slava' means honor, glory, so you could translate it as the 'glorious/honorable ones'. See I can virtue signal and make up bullshit memes to suport my agenda too, shitlord

Your map doesn't even have a source

Do you realise that people in real life aren't as autistic as some Finns on Veeky Forums? No one in real life cares about blonde hair.

What happens here?

pierdol się ty sucz

Autism. Those maps are made by sperging out Eupedia moron, known as Maciamo.

He desperately wants to confirm his autistic theories at all cost, even when it means faking data to fit his idiocy.

Pic related, another sperg out of this imbecile.

Ps. the swarthiest Poles are in the South and Silesia also Masuria, because they came mostly from East.

Is butthurt national Polish pastime?

>no arguments
>call someone butthurt

How typical.

Nice retort but I'm not even Polish.

What arguments? That Poles are swarthy apes? I've seen it firsthand myself.

I provided a source, you provide pointless insults, maps without any data to back them up and simple childish behaviour. It's a good thing people like you barely even leave their caves.

You're doing society a favour by staying in.

There was a massive replacement of locals in the Balkans by Middle Easterners starting in the Neolithic and not really reversing until IE people started migrating there. This is a fact proven by every study on Neolithic Europe.

>a Polish source made by insecure Poles to make themselves appear better

Also nice projecting Polack.

Like I said previously, in case you have problems with reading I will repeat that once again. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE in real life cares about being blonde or not. In fact, women find dark-haired men more attractive.

I still got no source from you. Care to provide any?

>ITT: we wuz slavs! we are the most slavic slavs there are!
you guys are hilarious
being slavic is being associated with failure, not a single slavic country is even close to first world tier economy and most of your states emerged as superior countries (mostly germanic) contries and empires started to crumble
so if i was slav i probably would tell everyone that my family comes from these germanic settlers that would tell your primitive ancestors on how to create laws and functional economy in poland/russia (read up on ostsiedlung)
Historically slavic countries were laughable stocks of europe. Balkans? Too divided, got conquered by ottomans, they even contributed to fall of constantinople.
Poland? Partitioned like a puppy, too fucking corrupt to wage a defensive war to defend themselves properly. In "we wuz opressed!" mode for last 200 years
Russia? Terrible place to live for its entire existence before becoming even worse as they were dumb enough to rebel to become communist.

Why are slovenians so perpetually angry and agressive?

>NO ONE and I mean NO ONE in real life cares about being blonde or not. In fact, women find dark-haired men more attractive.

Is that you say to yourself to make yourself feel better swarthy Polack?

Celts aren't very swarthy, though. The swarthy alpinoid is some sort of pre-Indo-European or Illyrian ethnicity.

Croatians and other southern Slavs are mostly of Mediterranean descent. They're just as much related to Illyrians, Daco-Thracians, Makedonians, Roman colonists, or pre-Indo Europeans as they are to other Slavonic speakers.

Ammianus Marcellinus, among others, described Sarmatians as tall, blond, blue eyed people.

t. Hans Al-Swahim

Mean, but true nonetheless.

this thread is like Paralympic Olympics
they come from ukraine and probably integrated remnants of defeated barbarian tribes, might explain why their genepool is so bad if they are composed of losers

>hold the most fertile lands in Europe
>hurr losers

your argument is actually fucking terrible considering Ukraine is africa tier country despite having the most fertile lands in the world
just shows how competent slavic people are at leading their countries

This thread is living proof that Slavs are subhumans.

>hold the most fertile lands
>build tonzes of commieblocks on top of it
>become literal grey country
good thinking bogdan

>There was a massive replacement of locals in the Balkans by Middle Easterners starting in the Neolithic
So now you're ignoring what I posted so you can maintain your belief? I2 was present in the Balkans before the slavic migrations, furthermore its no wonder that its found in the highest frequency in isolated areas such as Herzegovina. the dinaric mountains, and the Adriatic Islands while the plains and river valleys are primarily R1a because Slavs settled those.

>This is a fact proven by every study on Neolithic Europe.
Except those cited in the article that clearly contradict you? Population replacement is a meme, its assimilation that happens more often.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as slavs, are in fact, ruthenians/eastern germanic descendants of kievan rus, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, east nordids.

Slavs are not a race unto itself, but rather another component of the ethnogenesis of the scandinavian norse germanic people from the migration of the peoples and onward, made historically relevant by the kievan rus settlements in Gardariki by the norsemen who traveled down the Volga and founded both Russia and Ukraine before being christianized by the byzantine empire.

Many eastern germanics speak the artifical glagolithic church language invented by the greek monk Cyrill, which is where the term cyrillics stems from. Before that, they spoke old norse and revered pagan germanic gods.

All the so-called "slavs" are really descendants of eastern germanics. There is objectively no argument to be made against this historical fact.

Thanks for reading, and please refer to them as "eastern germanics" next time you make a "slav" thread.

>still being butthurt
lel

>every thread remotely related to slavs turn into /bantz/

>Ukraine is africa tier country
>hey look at this one country that is doing bad! I quess we also should judge all Arabs by looking at the United Arab Emirates!

slavic countries are decades behind western countries on average median when it comes to stuff like economy so i still dont know what your point is

Middle Easterners replaced Balkanites and then the I2 folks expanding from Ukraine/Moldova replaced them. Nothing else to it.

Slovenians are germanic

ALso

>de.metapedia.org/wiki/Tapferkeitsauszeichnung_f%C3%BCr_Ostv%C3%B6lker
>Hurr but the pan-slavist retards told me that slavs were seen as subhuman by da nutzeehs
>D-dats why they literally gave them military awards and medals too! Yeah h-hehe.
>Those half a million russians and other eastern europeans fighting for the axis in auxiliary units were totally seen as subhuman and trusted with weapons because of that

It has absolutely nothing to do with fact that Western Europe has much better trade options than Eastern one, or that countries liek Greece or Spain are doing much worse than EE. Or that Eastern Europe not doing well in past years is entirely fault of Jewish economy policies like massive privatization in early 1990´s.

polacks are negroes

You're wrong, and I've provided you with an article outlining that you're wrong.

>Several groups have determined the common occurrence of this subclade in the South Slavic-speaking populations to be the result of "pre-Slavic" paleolithic settlement in the region.
>Peričić et al. for instance place its expansion to have occurred "not earlier than the YD to Holocene transition and not later than the early Neolithic".[18][19][20]
>According to Rebała et al., this phenomenon is explained by "contribution to the Y chromosomes of peoples who settled in the Balkan region before the Slavic expansion to the genetic heritage of Southern Slavs".[21]

>trusted with weapons
good one Ahmed

Kill yourself you dumb Cuman shitstain.

>Slovenians are germanic
Love this meme, especially considering that Slovene is one of the most archaic languages in Europe, let alone among Slavic ones. Even the German nobility was using Slovene and they were the ones funding Trubar when he was printing and smuggling books in Slovene during the reformation.

Even German documents of local nobles show the Germanization of Slavic place names and surnames among the nobility and the hundreds of place names in Southern Austria that have Slavic origins. Worse yet is that the primary region of Carniola derives from the Celtic/Gaulish Carni peoples.