Egypt is a bit more ancient, Chinese President Xi tells Trump

>History was not expected to be on the list of talking points – at least until Trump mentioned he had heard that Chinese history went back 5,000 years and Xi stepped in to tell him more, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

>“We have 3,000 years with a written language,” Xi said through a translator as they moseyed through the Forbidden City’s immense cobblestoned courtyards. “I guess the older culture, they say, is Egypt with 8,000,” Trump retorted.

>China is famously proud of its heritage, with schoolchildren learning early on that the country is one of the four great ancient civilizations.

>“Egypt is a bit more ancient,” Xi admitted. “But the only continuous civilization to continue onwards is China.”

>“We people are the original people, black hair, yellow skin, inherited onwards,” Xi laughed. “We call ourselves the descendants of the dragon.” “That’s great,” Trump said. It is not the first history rundown Xi has given the real estate mogul.

>During the leaders’ first meeting at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, Xi gave him a quick lesson on past Sino-Korean relations, which Trump told the Wall Street Journal changed his thinking on the issue.

>Xi disabused him of his earlier opinion that Beijing could easily dispatch the North Korean threat, he said, stating: “After listening for ten minutes, I realized it’s not so easy.”

>Though Trump generally does not take well to being lectured, he appears not to mind Xi’s words of wisdom, repeatedly referring to the statesman as a “friend.”

english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2017/11/09/Egypt-is-a-bit-more-ancient-Chinese-President-Xi-tells-Trump.html

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316
nature.com/articles/ncomms15694
cam.ac.uk/research/news/ancient-dna-reveals-genetic-continuity-between-stone-age-and-modern-populations-in-east-asia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Chinese
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynastic_cycle
zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/建國號詔
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WE

>four great ancient civilizations
This term is very outdated.

"Four great ancient civilizations"

Minoans, Myceneans, Canaanites, Sumerians, Akkadians, Assyrians, the list goes on

Except there's literally no continuity between Ancient Egypt and Medieval/Modern Egypt.

The Arabs replaced the language, culture, genetics, literally everything.

>genetics,
Untrue.

>genetics
Veeky Forums was a mistake.

This literally is not up for argument.

journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316

pretty sure I read that only copts, a minority today, can claim descent from ancient egyptians

Apparently it is.

nature.com/articles/ncomms15694

Precisely. The rest of "Egyptians" are Arabs.

Your article agrees with mine.

"By directly studying ancient DNA from ancient Egyptians, we can test previous hypotheses drawn from analysing modern Egyptian DNA, such as recent admixture from populations with sub-Saharan16 and non-African ancestries17, attributed to trans-Saharan slave trade and the Islamic expansion, respectively."

>journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003316
If the Lebanese can trace their genetics directly to the Canaanites and the Punicians why wouldn't Modern Day Egyptians be able too?

Yes and you can't conclude from both articles that all ancient Egyptian DNA has been wiped out.

>the Arabs replaced the....genetics
Yes both studies posted BTFO you quite nicely.

According to the project's calculations, the majority of Egyptian DNA is comprised of 68% North African genes.

Hmmm how could most genetics be North-African when Arabs replaced all of it with their own?

>The Arabs replaced the language,
Arabic and Coptic are very much alike, that's why the Egyptians were able to switch to Arabic so easily. Greek and Latin existed for a long time in Egypt, but they were too different from Coptic to be adopted.
>culture,
Egypt was Christian before it became Muslim. Both are Abrahamic religions. If anything, Egypt changed when it adopted Christianity.
>genetics
Arabs have had some influence on the gene pool, but Arabs and Egyptians are not that genetically different to begin with, same reason their languages are so similar.

Modern China is so boring, like what do they have going for them apart from rapid industrial development?

Soviet Union was much better competitor and antagonist for the US, they had a revolution of their own just like America and were pioneers in colonizing eastern Russia.Also the two competing economic systems introduced genuine cultural antagonism, China is more culturally capitalist right now than the US.

A billion chinese people

Those were all begotten by the civ of the Fertile Crescent, which is one of the craddles of civilization.

He means Indus Valley civ, Yellow River civ, Crescent Fertile civ, etc.

t. can't read the articles because he's literally too fucking stupid

>they had a revolution of their own
And China didn't?

>Genetics

Stahp

Levantines had cities before Mesopotamia, Aegeans developed rather indpendently

Veeky Forums is fucking gay.
no one can even mention the reality of genetics here without a dozen libfags reeeing out that there's no such thing, because genetic science is such a threat to their prime assumptions about egalitarianism.
Leftism might as well be reclassed as a religion, considering their absolute refusal to be persuaded by scientific evidence, and their absolute faith in the tenets of universal equality.

The Levant and Mesopotamia overlap in large parts. And there have been found trage goods from the east in Aegean, so you can't really claim independency.

>Arabic and Coptic are very much alike, that's why the Egyptians were able to switch to Arabic so easily
why is this?
Is Arabic an offshoot of ancient Egyptian or do they simply share an even older common language ancestor?

a handful of goods obtained non directly don't mean shit

>found trade goods
>therefore cannot claim independency
what a fucking retard.
So by your logic, the Roman and Greek coins found in ancient China means that the Chinese didn't develop independently of the Mediterranean civilizations?

Low IQ detected

We're talking about historical population changes, which were not nearly as drastic as previously thought

C'mon stupid. Semitic and Egyptian are branchs of Afro-Asiatic. Arabic is a branch of Semetic. And Coptic is a branch of Egyptian.

/thread

>ask earnest question in a thread of pointless speculation and WE WUZ wankery
>called stupid
rude.

>uses liberal and leftist as synonyms

Retard detected.

How does an ancient civilization die off or not?

>absolute madman in local politics turns out to be a bitch on the global stage
Disappointing as fuck desu

There's even less continuity between Ancient and Modern China.

How so?
Honest question, I'm curious.

t. butthurt gweilos

You realize this shows that Egypt is still 80% genetically what it was 5000 years ago right?
Meanwhile China was once like 5% Han and now its like 70% Han, a far bigger change.

parse the difference for me, faggot.

>makes assertion
>offers nothing of substance to buttress said assertion
ok

The Han Chinese appeared only about 600BC and didn't conquer the country until 200BC.
The Han language and culture took another 500 years to even become really significant in China demographically speaking. Successive generations have increased the relative number of Han since then. Meanwhile the language is even less similar than Ancient Egyptian is to modern Arab/Egyptian (the languages were similar to begin with). Genetically China has steadily become more Han with large amounts of gene-flow from Mongols, Xiongnue, the west in general, and Siam etc. Egyptian genetics are more recognizable continuous over their history than China's...which is to be expected considering China's size and population.

t. thinks geneflow = replacement
read the articles again, and pay attention to the actually genealogical mapping, not their words about why the changes happened.

Pres Xi is the best, he clearly loves classical antiquity. Hope he inspires Trump to read classical greek and latin texts.

Xi and Trump
Classics Bros 4 Life

to be fair this isn't the same thing.
In Egypt that 20% difference is due to outside admixture, due to being conquered.
In China a once smaller group within the genetic community considered Chinese has successfully expanded to become a larger portion of the whole Chinese community.
That still makes it Chinese, just a different arrangement of Chinese, whereas the Egyptians have become a hybrid of something entirely different.

CHINESE CIVILIZATION FIVE THOUSAND YEAR

The Han aren't exactly pure-blooded pristinely cultured people themselves.

He's just having some soar grapes.

>China
1.Languages
Our present languages/writing systme can still directly trace back oracle scripts(3500 years old) with little to no problem. I personally can still read some words from oracle scripts without anyone teach me.

2.Religions
We're still doing ancestors worshiping which can directly trace back to Shang dynasty, maybe even older. Never ever stop even during Cultural Degeneration.

3.Customs
Our spring festival can directly trace back Shang dynasty because it based on Lunar calender originated from Shang dynasty.

4.Race and Genetics
You can read this article and see the pic I posted.
cam.ac.uk/research/news/ancient-dna-reveals-genetic-continuity-between-stone-age-and-modern-populations-in-east-asia

You can clearly see if China still posses "continuity" or not.

Han is not a race but ethnicity.

Oh right, but do you know what happened before they came in?

>Han Chinese
"Han" is derived from the name of "Han dynasty", not a race, it's not a fucking race, their origin is HuaXia people who are the natives of Chinese central plain since pre-historicial time.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Chinese

The chinese had the cultural revolution dude, they literally made a crusade to destroy the old china, communism killed all that used to be chinese. they collectivized communities, dug up burial grounds, destroyed temples, killed monks, changed the language, and terrorized anyone who disagreed

>something entirely different
That's only because we define Egypt as a single river culture while China eventually grew to include several. If the Eastern Mediterranean were considered a single country like China eventually became, there would be no difference here.

Liberals are center left at best.

I definitely agree that China has ancient heritage, and it's a great country that I enjoyed living in.

What I get hung up on is when Chinese erroneously claim that some other people, such as Americans, only have a few centuries of history. It is true that America was not founded that long ago, but similarly the current Chinese state is very young. The current government is not what controls here.

Rather, we are looking at the things you mention. In that sense, people of European extraction living in places like the United States would claim ancient heritage along the same lines as Chinese people.

It's also not a purely racial issue, because then why would various Chinese people down south pretend to be connected to things like the Shang dynasty? Presumably if you live in GuangDong or something, you're some variety of savage, maybe one of the Bai Yue. At best you were a subjugated foreign people living under Chu rule. Similar objections are valid against all the other people on the marches of the Chinese world at that time.

>le cultural revolution destroyed everything meme
Brainlet detected.

Have you ever heard of dynastic cycle theory?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynastic_cycle

Modern PRC is merely another "dynasty" of China who not only inherits the same lands, people and cultures but even more people, lands and culture. Is modern Egypt or America(USA) following the same model? Is USA built by Europeans immigrations or native Americans? Does USA belongs to Western cultures or original native American culture? Modern USA(1776~ now) is almost completely alien to the original natives, same goes to the total "Islamicized" Egypt we see today.

WE

No, you are the retard.

NO ONE said "genetics isn't real", or left-wing politics; they said you were wrong about claiming Egypt's genetic makeup is significantly different from what it was a few thousand years ago. Because you are. Egyptian people in 2017 AD are ~80% the same as they were during their height.

Yeah, I think China wins the cake for having the most cultural continuity.

I don't find the "dynastic cycle" to be a convincing argument if someone is trying to exclude modern American citizens from having having ancient heritage.

Nothing the Modern PRC does can turn back time and make GuangDong and its people a "Chinese" part of the Warring State period. Similarly, nothing the modern American state can do will turn back time and make Native Americans part of the Classical Greek world.

Yet, Modern Chinese can clearly claim to be an extension of ancient China because they have inherited so much from that period, and have such a great appreciation and attachment to that history. Similarly, an American citizen has inherited so much from ancient Europe, and have a great appreciation for that time and place.

I think you might believe that I am saying that the USA is an extension of ancient Native American culture. I'm not saying that, I don't think anyone outside the natives themselves has inherited much of note from ancient American cultures. I have literally zero interest in Native American history, feel zero attachment to whatever remains of that culture, and don't have strong feelings one way or the other about them.

Doesn't have the mandate of heaven

>including the ones established by nomads, never ever stop, which naturally makes China's "continuity".

Nobody claims GuangDong and its people are part of China "before" Qin/Han dynasty, BUT they're assimilated into the very same fundamental core civilization that is "Chinese Civilization" which "literally" is inherited and passed through by every unified dynasties("regimes" in modern words) of China, including the ones established by nomads, NEVER ever stop, which naturally makes China's "continuity". Whereas USA and modern Egypt is not passed by the same ancient cultures/people from the same lands, it's a very obvious fact.

Your "English", Christianity, "Democracy", even people like Blacks are NOT passed and continued from aboriginal Americans, but established and brought by aliens/immigrations from Europe/Africa. It's the most fundamental and obvious difference.

I am a fucking Egyptian. Stop this meme

Yes, Kublai khan personally said he's also Chinese emperor and Yuan dynasty is also a Chinese dynasty. Same goes to Qing dynasty

This is approved and announced by Kublai khan, in Chinese, can you read it?
zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/建國號詔

The situation between Europeans and the Chinese is fundamentally different in that China remained centralized under one government (and when it wasn't it was just bickering over who got to be the centralized government) for millennia. The last time Europe was united under one rule was Rome and even then that was a vast empire with huge patron-client webs that never established a single culture or ethnicity like the Chinese did.

Our culture traces back thousands of years just like the Chinese, only our culture is a vast array of interconnected forks and branches as groups separate and evolve. Saying an American doesn't have a connection to Ancient Greece or a Scotsman doesn't have a connection to ancient Rome is idiotic and akin to saying that the people of Sichuan don't have a connection to ancient China. Even if they weren't literally taking part in the history of the time the reverberations are still felt today and the people now are the descendants of the people who were taking part in the history of the time.

> were pioneers in colonizing eastern Russia.
and chinese at this moment are colonizing western china, (traditionally turkic and tibetan) and are also moving into russian siberia too.

You already admitted that China does not consist of the same ancient people, but rather includes people who have been conquered (or indeed actually did the conquering) or otherwise assimilated.

I don't disagree that the West is more disparate, given that there are a large number of independent Western nations. Yet, it remains that these disparate nations are extensions of Classical Greece and Rome just like Modern China is an extension of the Classical Chinese world. The only real exception is that the PRC also contains the geographical area within its borders, but then you must exclude foreign Chinese and Taiwan.

I don't understand why you keep mentioning
the culture of ancient blacks and aboriginal Americans. It's literally irrelevant, it's as though I was objecting that China has not brought forward the ancient culture of the Rong, Di, Qiang, and Bai Yue barbarians.

That's my point. It's idiotic to say anyone of Western extraction lacks a connection to Ancient Greece and Rome, therefore it's idiotic for a Chinese person to pretend that modern Americans are some chthonic race of people with no ancient European heritage.

>Saying an American doesn't have a connection to Ancient Greece or a Scotsman doesn't have a connection to ancient Rome
Sounds like something a “muh heritage” amerimutt would say

Mussolini said he was the inheritor of Rome. Does that mean Italy in the 30s was really the Roman empire by another name?

>Brythonics
>connection to Rome
I shiggy
Even a piss ass Gaul has more claim to Romanness than Anglos

>Saying an American doesn't have a connection to Ancient Greece or a Scotsman doesn't have a connection to ancient Rome is idiotic
The absolute state of Veeky Forums.

>I_do_not_know_how_the_mandate_of_heaven_works.jpg.

By the sheer fact of ruling China, the PRC has Mandate.

It's a de Facto thing. No need for some high priest with a silly hat to crown you Emperor or something.

They don’t have Taiwan tho

Taiwan doesn't present nor challenge the Mandate of the PRC. Ergo they're similar to the Kingdom of Tungning that was also on Taiwan island: a haven for rebels and thieves :DDDD

This is because Veeky Forums doesn’t know jack shit about Chinese history but they like to pretend they do by spamming /pol/ shit about sparrows and cannibalism. Not as bad as Indian history though, I remember some anons bringing that up about how little people knew about India.

CCPbots pls leave

I don’t care about India or China unless it relates to Europe in some way. They are nothing compared to Rome anyway.

Here we go.

There it is. Right on cue.

What? It's the fucking truth. Taiwan hasn't raided the Chinese coastline, sent spies to befuddle the CCP. Encouraged separatism or revolt within the Mainland, nor utilize political jackassery vs. the PRC.

The ROC has lost sight of its objectives now. All they are now are a bunch of sjw weeabs with delusions of being non-Han people.

It’s funny how some Chinese say that southern Chinese are not Han but if Taiwan or Hong Kong try to gain independence or call themselves a different ethnicity then the mainland Chinese whine about how these are Han people betraying their ancestors.

>It’s funny how some Chinese say that southern Chinese are not Han
LMAO WHAT it is literally Hong Cucks who keep on saying this all the fucking time in their butthurt against the Central Government.

>W-we wuz Yue an shit!
>True Han blood runs through my veins. Northerners are Mongol rape babies XDDDD

Nah man, loads of northerners look down on southerners and say they aren’t Han or even call them monkeys and shit.

Sweiously? You don’t know it goes BOTH ways? Northern Han are obsessed with blood purity and even think of Manchus as Jews with the one-child policy put in by Manchus to destroy the Han from within.

>Genetics
Wat. That's like saying all of Person was miscegenated. Not every country was like Turkey, and even Turkey has full blooded Greek Anatolians living in it still

Hey, as long he does something about Mexicans and Latin Americans abusing the visa system he's fine by me.

Hopefully the madman does something about remittances as well

They both do it. They both seem themselves as more “Chinese” than the other. There’s also racist movements promoting Han “blood purity” over ethnic minorities.

>Nah man, loads of northerners look down on southerners and say they aren’t Han or even call them monkeys and shit.
I wonder where I have seen this before

>Northern Han: Cantonese aren’t REAL Han Chinese like us. We have genetic continuity from 3000 years ago while they are just assimilated or mixed.
>Hong Konger: I’m not Chinese.
>Northern Han: REEEEEEEEEEEEE Yes you are! CANTONESE ARE CHINESE! Stupid blood traitor! Licking the boots of your English imperial masters!!

Haha this so much, but nowadays Han are more inclined to say everyone is Chinese even uighurs however the fuck its spelled

it's fucking true

have you seen southerners or heard them speak?

if you were born outside the borders of HeNan you are automatically suspect, although not per se excluded from being TRUE CHINESE tm, but when you go that far south... yeah no, may as well dye your teeth black at that point.

Holy shit. Accurate as fuck.

There's a bit of overlap but equating this two meansthat you don't know the definition of either

It’s like Vietnam trying to claim shit in the South China Sea but they can’t bring up the Chams.