There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare

>There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare

Was Sun Tzu actually retarded?

It's a true statement, you're the fucking retard.

That this thread will actually receive replies is, I think, the greatest tragedy of our time.

This.

A number of nomadic factions could theoretically fall under this.

the military-industrial complex is not the USA, the USA does not benefit from prolonged warfare
although if you could somehow validate looting as an act of warfare, you could probably make a case against it

>if everyone throws their lives and wealth into the flaming garbage pit that is war, our lives will be improved!

Sun Tzu lived in the 6th century BC,the advancement of technology and the correlation with warfare at the time was accurate.

Rome certainly benefited from the 2nd Punic War, in the end. Guess they weren't technically a nation though.

Most countries benefit from a war that they win

You’re honestly a retard if you think that’s true for the majority of wars throughout history

I'm American
I only know of American wars :^)

Name a war that hurt the USA (that we won)

>Iraq war hurt the USA
How exactly?
We got a puppet in the ME
Removed a hostile dictator
Got some oil

You think because we spent a ~trillion on that war matters?
USA makes almost 20 trill a year

>I only know of American wars
>Most countries
Why even post.

retard, Iraq is going to be an Iranian puppet state once the current turmoil ends

Civil war?

You lost a fuckton of mens for a retarded cause

>We got a puppet in the ME
after billions are pissed away we got an "ally" that hates us and entirely useless against a small military force like ISIS.
>Got some oil
pretty much all of the oil goes to europe, it just made oil prices slightly more stable.

The Feudal era and the capitalist era are completely different when it comes to that issue.

You are literally always better off winning a quick war. Fuck off brainlet retard.

>What is the current “War on Terror” for America

Name an instance, then.

To be fair, the war on terror is a long time away from when Sun Tzu was alive.

>USA makes almost 20 trill a year
>gdp is equivalent to annual income

The Mongol empire was “destroyed” by both a terrible inheritance system and a lack of wars to keep the empire growing to offset the effects of the terrible inheritance system.

>Military strategist revered for centuries as one of the preeminent thinkers of military strategy, with enough cross-disciplinary appeal for businessmen, civil servants, etc
>Some random asshole on the internet thinks he knows better
Dear fucking God, the hubris

Depends what "prolonged" means.
If you curbstomb an enemy in a year or two and sack their cities, sure you'd benefit.

World War II
Vietnam
Arguably the Mexican-American war

IIRC the Arabs raided Byzantium nonstop for over three centuries. It had the benefit of bringing in plunder, weakening Byzantium, and training people to be experienced jihadis.