What happens with all the empty addresses made? Someone makes an address, never receives bitcoins, it's passworded...

What happens with all the empty addresses made? Someone makes an address, never receives bitcoins, it's passworded.. happens millions of times. What happens? Empty addresses just lie around?

Other urls found in this thread:

directory.io/
myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/couldnt-everybody-put-in-random-private-keys-look-for-a-balance-and-send-to-their-own-address
blockchain.info/address/1f1miYFQWTzdLiCBxtHHnNiW7WAWPUccr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What don't you do the most basic research to figure out how retarded our question is?

They already existed before, you idiot. Literally every address exists, you don't create them. It's just 'impossible' to get the private key from the public address. You don't create the private keys either, you just randomly choose one.

Every possible address already exists retard

What is our question? Why is it retarded?
The address is passworded, you can't access it. Thousands of millions of empty or never used addresses will exist. Even if there are a trillion billion possible addresses, it would still be an issue.

A guy for some reason makes millions of wallets a min and gets the public addresses and the private keys. Then he puts them on a public website. And calls hisself the greatest hacker for hacking bitcoin wallets. I can't remember the website maybe a user can give you this info

If they're empty they never existed. Theres no record of them on the blockchain

These guys are all newfags and need to fuck off these wallet do not exist on the block chain until created

Jesus

What if someone fills them with the most minimal amount and then gives them the strongest possible password. Then what? It has to exist.

>being this retarded
Eurocucks.

I swear Veeky Forums gets stupider every day

I honestly don't get this beacuse I'm a brainlet, please help me out user: To log in to your wallet you just need your private key. A provate key is like 60+ numbers and letters. Isn't it very easy to brute force just ANY private key and log in with it? Not a specific wallet that you know hold a lot of value but just any wallet and see if theres something on it? Again, I'm a brainlet with this, that's why I try to learn. Help me out user

There are enough characters in an adress for there to be millions of possible wallets. If ever we get to a place where most are taken we'll implement segaddress2x

>Wallets exist on the blockchain
WEW

It's not only about available space, it's about the massive size of the blockchain. Some assholes puts the lowest possible amount in a wallet, creates a new and does it again. Now he has a trillion wallets with the strongest password and the smallest amount of bitcoins.

You can't be serious. There's no entry on the blockchain if the address has never been used, that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

You don't give a password to the address. Every single address already has a password = private key.

You're missing the point. Eventually the blockchain will become massive from lost addresses or ones never used, or whatever, and transactions will become increasingly slow.

please someone answer

>Isn't it very easy to brute force just ANY private key
Yeah sure it is, if you have a trillion years

Yea, we get hacked all the time, but most of the block chain hackers only take like 1/4 of your stack bc they're not that mean. It'ls kind of like paying taxes. Then they leave you alone for a while so you can get more of those gains.

The whole point is: that there are too many private keys to have any collision. The function
private key -> public key -> public address
'cannot' be reversed. To get the private key you would need to brute-force it. Now, there are too many possibilities: No available computing power lets you test enough private keys to find even one address that has been used. It's 'impossible'.

The funny thing is: the public key is broadcasted when you sign transactions. That's why an unspent address is safer since the function
private key -> public key
is 'easier' to reverse using quantum computers. But that doesn't matter either, it's just a fun fact.

This must be bait.

but thats my probem, why would you have to wait a trillion years when you don't bruteforce A SPECIFIC thing? Like I lock up a zip folder. Good luck unlocking it with brute force. But why would it take a long time when you don't need a specific number in the first place? You only need the private key, nothing else. Just bruteforce ANY private key and log in basically

oooh alright, thanks user, got it

>we get hacked all the time
really?

OP check this out. Here is every address and every private key that would correspond to that address. Every bitcoin is held within these addresses. You just need to keep looking through them until you find an account with 17mm and then transfer it to coinbase for the cashout.
directory.io/

no theres not enough computer power to crack private keys. Until like a 5000 years but eventually by the time it would get even harder

There are only 904625697166532776746648320380374280100293470930272690489102837043110636675 addresses to look though. Start clicking now! You might get lucky.

>directory.io/
thats pages, not addresses

Err correction actually there are actually 128*904625697166532776746648320380374280100293470930272690489102837043110636675= The number of addresses

thats not a lot :/

You are correct sir.

Myetherwallet has an answer prepared for you:
myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/couldnt-everybody-put-in-random-private-keys-look-for-a-balance-and-send-to-their-own-address

yep! it's the power of a trustless system. pay the toll and you're good to roll is what we always say!

You can do this. But 99,999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% addresses you bruteforce are empty.

blockchain.info/address/1f1miYFQWTzdLiCBxtHHnNiW7WAWPUccr hack dis and get dah btc XD

Imagine all the anonymous dildos you could purchase with those bitcoins

> reverse using quantum computers
yeah post quantum cryptography will be an interesting one. ECC is trivially solvable with a quantum computer. Bitcoin would probably require a fork to switch over to a quantum resistant, sequential only, cryptographic algorithm.