youtube.com/watch?v=tJL0znRKxzQ
youtu.be/Wg2pl0AUCSA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Hippodrome:
-Chariot Race
-Death Race
-Mario Kart

Fuck off gladiator fags, you'd never go into the arena yourself

Colosseum is casual pleb shit. Look at how many people you can cram in there.

Hippodrome is more elite and exclusive.

NEVER EVER

>naval warfare
I still can't imagine how this worked, can someone give me a picture to help visualize it?

IT’S NOT FUCKING FAIR!!!
HOW WILL WE COLOSSEUMBROS EVER RECOVER?

>naval warfare

What

They could fill the Colosseum with water and and literally fight with ships.

>fill the colosseum with water using a system of pipes
>bring out the boats
>have an actual naval battle

gotta say, that's genius

>implying I want to watch dirty savages and barbarians kill each other for scraps
>implying elite and intense chariot races aren't goat

lets see hippodrome come up with an argument. literally the BEST game

Only heathens watch gladiators kill each other. Men of God watch charioteers race and then kill opposing racing fans in the streets

>having ONE game
Pathetic.

I remember hearing about this back in college but I can't for the life of me understand how they fucking did it. How long did it take to fill up? Where were the pipes?

>PC vs PS4
ONE(1) GAME

Why is this suddenly posted so much

shiiet why dont we have this kind of entertainment today. Just use death row inmates and lifers.
>b-but muh human rights
its not like they will ever be free what do they need rights for

Prefer a specialized arena made for a specific event as to not have to comprises for multiple fucking versions of the same or similar type of shit.

>n-naval battles are shit anyway

It's tough to tell how they really did it since the collosseum has been in shambles for centuries and half the structure is missing.

Would've been even funnier if he was Cicero.

>not being a patrician and enjoying both

Holy shit what the fuck I'm amazed

They probably didnt need to fill it much, a lot of naval ships didn't actually require much water to move around. You get like a foot of water and one of those ships probably has more than what it needs to move.

Doesn't totally answer your question, but not requiring as much water as it looks like it does is certainly part of thr equation.

Colosseum = Wii U
Hippodrome = PS4

>Not understanding Ladies Day at the Horses

If you want a posh bird to suck yer dick m80 she ain't at the coliseum. That's council pleb shit.

Romans were master engineers. That was their biggest strength. Engineering.

Carthaginians piped water into their homes. No doubt the Romans used that technology to pump water into their Colosseum. After all, they used pumps for aqueducts. Weird how that useful technology was just lost to the ages.

*squat*
*WHIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR*
*Oh no... Not again!!*
*THUNK*
*PLEASE! I NEED TO SEE GLAD-*
*SCRRRATTTTCCHHH*
*AAAHHHHHH HELP! I'M GETTING SUCKED IN!*
WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
*dabing*
*JAANIIEEEESSS B-BAN ALL HIPPODRO-*
*Aaaaaahhhhh-.....*
*SSSHHHLLPP*
*IT FUCKING HURTS *WHIIIIIIRRR-RRrrrrrrrrrrr r r r*

>Roman robes will never be socially acceptable clothes ever again

Fuck man, that shit seemed so comfy.

>spearman line the edges to stab anyone trying to escape

man they thought of everything

What?

Roman niggas were master of pipework and plumbing, Romans had working toilets and indoor pipes. You had to pay a tax for the toilet of course.

Colosseum = Breath of the Wild
Hippodrome = Horizon: Zero Dawn

that and cloaks
i want nothing more than walk around snug in a big cloak during winter

What a time to be alive.

Romans were autistic to the core. Incredibly good at logistics, didn't give a fuck about human emotions, every legion had the exact same number of men, divided into further groups of equal amounts of men, fantastic at math and architecture, and forced their autism on everyone around them.

They even had one week of every year dedicated to acting like they enjoyed life: Saturnalia.

Places with dromes have a superior mounted army.

>Romans
>Pinnacle of autism
"What is Germany?" -user

I can't imagine fighting a lion equipped in proper gear was actually that hard. There's an African tribe that sent 2 men armed with shitty spears to go hunt a lion, and they've been doing it for centuries. Now imagine if they weren't niggers and had actual equipment.

im glad CA fixed Rome 2

Hey man there wasn't anything on TV so their only recourse was to fill their murderdome with water and hold boat battles in it.

Sports were a lot more entertaining before we got the stupid idea that people shouldn't get killed in them. The chariot races were all fucking insane death rides where they'd crash into each other, hit each other with whips and run over anyone who fell off. Imagine if you could do that shit in NASCAR.

have me memed too far?

Reminder that the races where orders of magnitude more popular than the arena.
Reminder that this is the best charriot racing game: youtube.com/watch?v=tJL0znRKxzQ

Romans made the Germans autistic. Before the Romans came around, the Germans were having fun drinking, coming up with new ways to hunt animals for fun, marching a 380,000 strong Helvetii army into France for the hell of it, etc. Then the Romans came around and gave them a case of the 'tism. Suddenly Italians were no longer autistic, the Germans were.

>naval warfare
>martyrs 2
>padding out your list with shovelware
Also all arenawars threads are made by Gauls

>all those history plebs that never heared about water sports inside the colosseum until this thread

Who cares about Romans killing each other or running in circles when you could be watching only the most noble and honorable of knight tournaments.

The Americans almost had it right, except they killed the losers AFTER the game, not during it.

Not it wouldn't, retard. Julius Caesar always respected Cicero. Cato was a low moralist that every roman hated.

There is a critical difference in that the environment is different. It's easier to ambush a lion from the tall grass with a buddy than it is to man fight one head on by yourself.

If there are two people, one can kite and the other can focus on dps.
Lions can easily bite through one guys shitty bronze armor and instantly murder him.

Daily reminder that the Romans invented a rudimentary steam engine and decided it was useless because they had slaves for free labor already.

>water sports inside the colosseum
kinky

>The Grand Tourney where people would actually get killed and ransomed
>tis merely a game brother

The Hippodrome could have all these games if they wanted, but they're all trash

If Caesar respected Cicero, why did he support Clodius?

They also built a yacht for Nero.

Holy shit this fucking thread.

German autism manifested more clearly much later as a result generations of pent up, autistic frustration. The Romans loved arts, poems and living the good life while all Germans share one singular ambition here in life; to work.

To think they had this 4000 years ago, and today we only get to see niggers kick a piece of leather+air and cry when they touch each other.

Truly we have degenerated to savage levels.

>Colosseum
>no historic battles reenactment

Yeah, but the Romans had actual weapons. The Africans literally just poked the lion to death.

>if you win the death game you get your freedom back
This would be sick. I'd commit a crime just for the chance to compete

The Romans were too good for this world. Imagine a world where they didn't fall.

youtu.be/Wg2pl0AUCSA

Why are Germans so autistic? Everything is work work work.
They play job simulators when not working and dig holes when on vacations.

Would be better if it was Mark Anthony and Cicero.

If the Cuckliseum is so good, then why does the emperor live next to the Circus Maximus?

>reading Cicero
Why is this dude so butthurt about Caesar? Antony and Sulla I get, they were dickheads, but from what I know of Caesar he was a pretty okay ruler. Is it just Republican/Optimate screeching?

Romans were pretty damn autistic, my dude. Even if they had art, it was still used for autism. Like the Aeneid. MUH CARTHAGE MUH HANNIBAL

Hell, the Romans were so autistic the elected Bernie Sander 2,000 years before he was born - Clodius. Remember, free healthcare grain for all citizens!

Cicero was the precursor of Montesquieu. He's probably one of the great state theorists of all time. Caesar and Cicero were enemies, but cicero was the most respected politician of the time. Caesar never did anything against him in his life because he also respected him.

>what is the superbowl
>justifying killing for enertainment

Any Dromers in this thread? I want to kick your ASS.

Any other good gladiator vidya?

this is memekino

Caesar bodyslammed Cicero because of the Catalina Conspiracy, dude.

>That level in Master of Atlantis where you have to build a hippodrome 40 stages long

Shit was so annoying

Lions are the early shitty raid bosses.
It's easy for a bunch of unarmoured thieves to take one, but one fully armored warrior is going to have a hell of a time being slower in an open area.

>gimmicks and minigames vs the greatest entertainment ever made
I mean I can understand the popularity of Colosseum. The poor masses don't even have the faintest idea of what a bred and trained race horse is, how could they? Marvels like these are literally unattainable for them.

Seems like some of those people with front row seats would be pretty likely to die during something like that.

It's not like they just dropped a lion in there with the guy.
Said lion was starving, pissed, or both.

>The Germans didn't take it one step further than the Romans ever could

Roman autism was nothing compared to modern, German autism. How many Noble prizes has Rome won?

I knew it existed but the Colosseums always seemed too small to hold some proper naval battles

Domina

You ever were in the colosseum?

Literally Bloodbourne

how do the boats get in?

>the lives of criminals matter
An easy way to end crime would be to convert all prisons into battle arenas for our entertainment. The winner gets to become the next arena master.

> How many Noble prizes has Rome won?

Didn't know this was an argument but my vote goes to the colosseum

>How many Noble prizes has Rome won?
user...

Assembled.
After it Wasser marsch.

>colliseumfag's head is an empty shamble
apt