I'm.about to receive around $30,000 cash...

I'm.about to receive around $30,000 cash. I really want to buy an rx-7 fd and I'm convincing myself that it will appreciate and be a good investment as well as one of my dream cars.

Now, the other side of me says this is stupid and I should use this money to invest into something that will bring me even more money long term. Before bitcoin is mentioned I have a couple thousand in coins, but I don't check them every day, so I'm just hodling and it's going okay. I want to use the money to maybe buy rental property or make some passive income with it.

What do I do?

You're a fucking retard just die, really asking if you should buy a car rather than btc?

This. Just end it. End it for the greater good.

dont listen to him
bitcoin is an extremely risky investment and the bubble will pop very soon. Buy your car, goy.

No, if you could read I wasn't asking if I should buy a car over bitcoin - I don't want to buy anymore bitcoin at all.

lmao @ appreciate

>buying a rental property
>not buying bitcoin

Kys

I'm.about to receive around $30,000 cash

buy rental property

>retard alert

what makes you think a depreciating asset is a good investment?

The car is a liability when:
1. You only use it to drive around.
2. It is not a highly prestigious car brand.

It is an asset when:
1. You do not drive with it and let is appreciate in value. This is only works for prestigious car brands.
2. You rent out the car.

In your case it is clearly a liability. So no, do not buy it.

Well, the rx-7 has been going up for awhile now.

I forgot that you can't use large sums of money as down payments for property, my bad.

Car guy here.

Please be joking you motherfucking retard. I've watched countless friends try and keep those shitboxes on the road, but they just sit in garages. You won't drive it and it won't appreciate.

Expecting your daily driver to appreciate is noob shit. What are you, 19? Get an s2000 if you want an appreciating car, and for the love of God don't drive it if you just intend to sell it for more.

Imbecile.

I'm surprised at how little people actually read. Where did I say it was going to be used as a daily driver?

It's going to be used as an autocross/weekend only car - keeping the miles low.

Also, never said I was going to sell it for more, but I'm not losing money on it in the case I do have to sell or get bored of it. I also already have an s2000, which I'm bored of.

>it will appreciate
Not if you drive it.

cars are a meme, real estate is way better

This will sound strange, but ambiental regulations will render Diesels almost unusable. Therefore they will likely become collectibles in the near future.

Buy a new VW TDI, never use it, sell it for x10 the original price in 20 years.

Large sums of money

>chooses one

The s2000 won't appreciate you dense prick. Don't buy cars in hopes they'll appreciate unless they're high tier and you have a load of money, not some Japanese shit box. The only fucking cars that ever seem to appreciate to the point of them being worth it are air cooled, manual Porsches, and those days are over now.

Thanks for actual advice and discussion.

Also, I think people are just looking at buying the car as a money investment boat, but obviously the reason is because I really want the car, but it seems like I can do much better with that money.

That is true. But YOU CAN NOT DRIVE THE CAR. Or it will loose value. If you buy the car to just sell it for a higher price that is fine. But do not drive it you mong.

Don't buy expensive cars just because you have a sizable chunk of money. A car should be around 1 - 5% of your net worth. Not anything more. So I hope you have 1,000,000$.

People who do not have a lot of money and buy expensive cars are suckers. You are throwing money down the drain.

>Buy heavily marked up, old car.
>Drive it
>Texting Stacey t-bones you with her BMW x5
>rx-7 deemed totaled
>Stacey's insurance company pays you the NADA value of $14,000.

Yea, great investment idea OP

do you have any idea on how expensive auto cross is?

maybe look int masternodes user. You need a certain amound of coins, run a node on a raspberry pi for example and voilá, passive income

That's when you unofficially demand for reparations or else

Car fag here. Al depends on the odel year and even then im sure it wont keep ita price the generation that wants those cars is dying. Cars work in cycles

>buying liabilities

just buy an AE86 toyota panda trueno

If you need a car get a reasonably cool looking Honda Civic or of you live in a city get a motorcycle

Beyond that wtf are you doing throw it in LINK

Yes, but obviously I'm not looking at it just from a financial standpoint.

It's buy a car I always wanted, enjoy it (cause who knows when I might die), and hope to hold onto as much money as possible while doing it.

Or forego that and just focus on more money, but I'm not sure when I should get to start to spend it.

ay senpai. fd's are cool as FUCK.

they have such a presence on the road.

get a twin turbo and proper heat management in the engine bay and you'll be good.

live life senpai.

I say go for it. If you have another car to daily, then use the FD just for weekend thrills you're golden.

No I idea how you can be bored of an s2000. It's been my dream car since I was 15.
I'm going to have to settle for an 350z when I start either saving up or cash out some crypto in the future. They're going for really low and even on sub 100k km

Anyways go for what you really want, but I honestly don't think it will appreciate much.

This thread got me so fucking angry.

Why don't people want to be rich? It boggles my mind honestly.

Sc300s are fun if you know about cars and can do the turbo build yourself. Best money i ever spent 10 years ago.

Yea then go die faggot you're retarded. Better hope you're not in central California I'll fucking rob you. Love seeing crypto rich fags with no means of protecting their fortune. I'm gonna be a bitcoin bandit

I've bought a lot of rx7s of that era from Japan. They are cheap. I got one for 4k shipped to Port.

a new car is not an asset and the odds that it every will be are ridiculously small

Kek this

I don't know shit, but will be getting into a couple a courses in a couple of months.

Your id says it all, cause cars are fun. And being rich is nice, sure, but I'd rather have time than money and if I can't have more time, I wanna enjoy what time I have to the fullest.

You can always make more money, but you can't buy time. And fortunately there's infinite things we can do on this earth without money.
But, I mean if I could invest $30k and make more, then I could buy what I want and have money leftover.

Huh, really that cheap? How do I find an honest importer?