Was he the best of the Tsars?

Was he the best of the Tsars?

No fuck Russia. All Russian rulers were fucked up and evil. Its probably no wonder why the Kremlin put Drumpf into power as dictator of America because that is what Russia would want, a fascist and racist piece of shit autocrat that the Russians would look up to. So no fuck Peter the fascist and fuck Russia and Russianism.

t. Lenin

pic related for first reply

I would have to say so, or at least top 4

That's not Ivan III.

Who are the other 3?

Fuck Russia still. I don't care what you Russia lovers have to say. Fuck Russia. Fuck Trump. Fuck Putin. Fuck Moscow. Fuck the Kremlin. Fuck Russian propaganda. Fuck the alt-right. You are all Russian paid trolls and propagandists. Fuck you.

Apparently when the Communist Party was looting the tombs of old Czars after seizing power they came across Peter's body and found that it had been almost perfectly preserved, like he had just died a few hours ago. It spooked them so much that they left his tomb alone, as if they were afraid that'd if they disturbed him, he might spring to life and kill them all.

I meant to say top 3, the other two are Boris Godunov (if you count him) and of course Catherine the Great

For me, it's Peter, Catherine, Alex I and Alex II.

Catherine is massively overrated.

I thought that was timur.

Both I and II are also great choices
What makes you say that?

To begin with her overthrowing her husband was not exactly a good thing, he was a jackass on personal level and a complete Prussian fanboy but politically he was fairly good in the short period of his reign and didn't really give a strong reason to be overthrown.
Her internal politics were dogshit. She got the country in debt, expanded bureaucracy (which got absolutely bloated and required extreme spending) and worst of all - reinforced serfdom while reinforcing the rights of nobility. Reinforced serfdom ended up being a huge fucking problem for Emperors that followed and had long term negative effects. She completely slept on industrial revolution, Russian economy at the end of her reign was just as backwards as at the start of it.
For an "enlightened" monarch she really wasn't very good at following through on the ideas she claimed to believe.

Between overthrowing her husband and shit internal politics she caused a ton of internal instability which lead to a huge peasant war that lasted years.

And then there's her complete inability to win against cock. Favoritism and corruption were huge sign of her reign and she spent a ton of cash from the budget on her lovers.

Really, the only thing she got right was foreign politics and expansion of Russia, and even that was lucky to some extent. Suvorov is arguably the best general in the entire Russian history and Ushakov isn't far behind as an admiral.

Are you guys bitter about the looming Eurasian Century?

>overthrowing her husband who is deeply unpopular and just allied our war enemies is not a good thing to do
Her successful Persian wars make her great, whilst not killing Frederick the Finger Fucker when she had the chance was her greatest mistake

>deeply unpopular
He was unpopular because he was an asshat and and because of a Prussian decision.
>just allied our war enemies is not a good thing to do
And this would be a good reason except she not only followed through on the peace treaty with Prussia but got Russia back into alliance with them shortly after when it became publicly viable.

Coup justification don't really hold up, one G*rman got replaced by another G*rman.
Catherine just won the PR war.

And as a general rule, overthrowing emperors is bad. It leads to instability and in this case it helped to ignite a huge peasant war.

I like Alex II tbqh

/thread

This kind of post make pic related worthwhile to keep around.

>Went above and beyond to learn everything that the modern European nations could teach him
>Invited influential Europeans and European architects to help him build one of the most beautiful cities on the continent
>Kickstarted Russia's period of modernisation

Just for these he's pretty based.

Fugg, wrong one.

Stalin admired Ivan IV.

And she paid a good money for that cock.
She spent over a hundred million rubles on her lovers over a course of her reign.

To give a perspective, a serf would cost anywhere from 10 to 30 ruble, Ottomans paid 5 millions of compensation for a war of 1768 and Russia had 60 million debt at the end of her reign. (started at 0)

She spent a lot of money to feed her megacock addiction.

>didn't leave the competent heir
a shit
>wait, actually Peter had a son but they hated each other and so he was indirectly killed by his father
Ivan IV-tier shit

all he did was nullified for 50 years worth of no-heirity and nobody-gives-a-shitism. Rich kids studying abroad would bring all the industrialization by themselves because jews gonna jew. Well maybe besides the fleet.

This guy right here

Fuck Russia, this site is overrun with blatant Putinbots, fuck Putin and his mafia state. RIP the innocent journalists and political opposition Putin has silenced