What tier is this podcast?

What tier is this podcast?
Also, ITT: Good history podcasts

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/user-917120732/sets/the-three-komnenos-a-history
youtube.com/watch?v=_zgctx6nmCw
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl/episodes/a-z/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shit tier for accurate history and shit tier for entertainment unless you like the American style of documentaries.

Great / 10

The Yale courses on the dark ages and Hebrew Bible are both top tier. They're videos but you can use just the audio and lose literally nothing.

Supporting reasons?

I like his episode on the Anabaptist revolt in Munster.

Thanks I'll check these out
t. Antifa

I listened to the complete King of Kings the past few weeks while going to sleep and his voice is soothing for me and I actually found it a bit interesting. [spoiler]may be cuz I'm a persiaboo though [/spoiler]

Its popular

He had several inaccuracies in his WW1 one. The one I remember most was the sandwich meme with Princep and it bothered me so much I think about it to this day.

It's good to listen to while training agility on runescape

Just because something is popular doesnt make it automatically bad

lmao autistic

Yes, that is accurate. Unlike Carlin.

Yeah it does

What are some good history podcasts?

Please, that is far less egregious than the death of Rasputin, which for nearly a century believed in this epic struggle where he never seemed to die. Only for post-soviet autopsies to come forth and show that in reality, they just took him into the basement, shot him once in the back of the head and he died instantly.

Inaccuracies are bad no matter how severe they are.

He said it was just a legend.

Not if they help fuel a narrative at the time.

>"It's okay to lie about facts if it's exciting!"

Really made me think...

I listen to it while playing Warframe
The WWI series was really fun but I think the best so far was the story of Munster

No it's ok to lie about facts if the lie furthers your political goals.

He literally said it was a legend and he was telling it to show how Rasputin had attained mythic status.

There aren't any. None if them are in depth enough and they are all full of fluff. In order to not fall into that description you would have to look at actual university lectures about specific topics like Roman military organization or Greek colonization of Sicily.

It's shit

This stays on page 1

I made a history podcast about the Byzantine empire during the 12th century thats pretty good, currently doing one about Timurlane.
soundcloud.com/user-917120732/sets/the-three-komnenos-a-history

>thats pretty good
We'll be the judge of that you little faggot

Here you go OP

Thanks. Love me some podcasts

IMO that was a weak episode

older ones especially the roman and ww1 episodes were top tier

a good quick one was "Logical Insanity"

Because curing the tsar's son, predicting the future of Russia and literally manipulating the romanows is not enough to optain mythical status

He's a libtard cuck who distorts reality in favor of his left wing bias.

I've only listened to his ancient history ones but he rarely does his homework with actual primary/contemporary sources, he hyperbolizes to the point of semi-inaccuracy, and he uses metaphors and non-literal descriptors that really aren't all that accurate. He's also not well versed in the cultures of the societies he's talking about so he tries to get into someone like Vercingetorix's head and doesn't understand Celtic mindsets behind warfare and social castes and such.

I think the biggest black mark against him is he distills inherently complex subjects down waaaay too far where it does a great injustice to actual historical occurances. Also I'm fucking sick of him referring to everything in Star Wars metaphors.

>libtard
>leftwing bias

He's a Burkean conservative you shit-for-brains. That not rightwing enough for you?

I just want people to know that if you don't listen to 'In our time' you know jack shit and your opinion is not worth shit.

It's highlighting a well known legend you fucking autist

>tfw the huge youtube archive of almost all inourtime episodes was taken down
I was very sad

youtube.com/watch?v=_zgctx6nmCw
This video might be of interest to any people who are sceptical to him. He clearly recognizes his own faults. I recommend giving it a watch

I find him entertaining. They're a little bit of a niche in that they're very long these days, so you kind of have to plan for that, maybe save them for a roadtrip or something. They're good primers or cliffnotes on a topic, but dear god don't think you're an expert for listening to an episode on a particular subject.

I think they're best if you're only interested in one segment of history (like a World War Two autist for instance) and feel like you want to branch out and expand your interests.

History extra podcast.
Best history podcast

t.

I love it. It's always nice to listen to on my breaks or on bus rides or while playing grindy games.
Dan's funny, humble and tells great stories. Don't know what else people want.

Bretty good podcast.

Although it needs more polish:
>Mistakes on narration
>Mild static
>Monotone voice

Don't give up user, keep up the great work!!

>Seriously though, get a better audio interface... and use software for polish pls!

Fat ogre shit-tier. He unironically compared Alexander the Great to Hitler and Stalin because all three waged wars. Not even kidding.

And he didn't even bother to cite sources like Arrian etc.

If recall correctly, he was asking if its possible that one day we'll look back at Hitler and right books about all the great things he did while ignoring the atrocities, the same way we tend to do now with older figures like Genghis Khan and Alexander. He didn't say Alexander = Hitler.

China History Podcast is my favorite. Maximum comfy tier.

>last podcast listed
Kek

I honestly think it's amazing what he does and i like the podcasts. But of course he makes some mistakes here and there, thats a given with podcasts of that length. But overall it's still a great way to lean about certain topics

I'll give the episode another listen, but I was severely underwhelmed with the experience considering how over-hyped his show is.

Thank you for your brilliant and relevant argument.

I'm literally listening to King of Kings right now and he just praised Alexander. He's a big fan of Alexander, he simply compared Hitler to him in the context of historical revisionism.
I posted the brainlet because his opinion of Alexander is obvious.

yeah it's pretty decent

Dude, don't post brainlet macros period. I'm really not liking how Veeky Forums has doubled down on Wojack immediately after Pepe got linked to Charlottesville.

>implying anyone believes the media hysteria

This. Why does everyone on Veeky Forums of all boards have the insatiable urge to lie about what others say?

>lying about what others said
>complaining others lying about what others say

Do you literally lack all self awareness? I'm serious.

I listened to him once about Trump and never did again.

These are the ones I listen to: In our time, Partially examined life, Entitled opinions, Tel Aviv Review, Econtalk

Imagine being so brainwashed by /pol/ that you can't enjoy anything

Muh niggah

t. Trump supporter

Europeans can go get fucked by a garden hoe

Was interested in this, lemme listen

Dan Carlin's Redditcore history

just listen to audiobooks faggot.

>Reddit

t. /leftypol/

He's red-pilled, not brainwashed.

Fun-tier. Just listen to recordings of classes or audiobooks for more accuracy. He rarely fucks up in any big way, but don’t take his word as gospel.

Never EVER try to look at the social media of your favorite podcaster, though. They’re all faggots, and it will impact the way you enjoy their work.

>read this post
>think nothing of it
>check out History of the Crusades
>okay voice but monotond tone, meh audio quality
>uh, a link to her Twitter
>latest retweet is from AJ+
>don’t even feel like checking it out more than that

I should have listened

Dumb frogposter.

>Inaccuracies are bad no matter how severe they are.

But if any historical presentation that contains an error is bad, there are no good historical presentations. Errors and POV-interpretations are inevitable. When you are a little older, you will understand that, and learn to use multiple sources and analytical thinking to try and correct both the errors and assumptions of what you read or listen to, and your own.

Veeky Forums hates him because he's not a historian, which means he says interesting things once in a while and doesn't dwell on minutiae
/pol/ hates him because they think he's a leftist while he's actually a classical liberal

>currently doing one about Timurlane.

Gotta include some of the stories about him and Nasreddin Hodja. (Hoca, Hoja, etc.)

Tamerlane had conquered Aksehir and terrorized the people. He ordered the townsfolk to feed and groom his elephant. The people suffered greatly because of this, and decided to send a committee, headed by Nasreddin Hoca, to Tamerlane to plead with him to take the elephant back. As the committee was about to enter the tyrant's palace, Hoca noticed that the other members of the committee got scared and turned back. He was left alone, facing the tyrant. "Your Highness", he said, "I am here to make a request on behalf of the people. They are so happy with the elephant you were kind enough to give us that they would like to take care of one more elephant."

>Sick I also am of him referring to everything in Star Wars metaphors.

I recall a book about the Golden Age of Piracy that asked a similar question. Given who the pirates actually were (and how society saw them at the time), and the cultural icons we've made them into, the author wondered if some future descendants of our society would be laughing at "Druglords of the Carribean" or if their kids will be singing "Do what you want 'cause a terrorist is free, you are a terrorist!".

>Not understanding how the BBC works
You can download every episode for free:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qykl/episodes/a-z/

Immediately leave this site and never come back.

Very true. I listen to podcasts or documentaries while grinding really any skill.

All history podcasts are shit tier

You will never get unbiased history lessons from anyone, and only the most basic facts about history can be irrefutably verified

This but unironically

>popular podcast comes out that people generally find really good
>contrarian comes to shit on it
>never provides an alternative of something better
every time

Good overview of historical topics, but bloated and sometimes cheesy.

The best history podcast, bar none, is Age of Napoleon. It's a really great overview of how and why French society transformed so drastically from 1750 to 1850 and the episodes aren't 5 hours long. The host does a better job explaining how certain events and conditions led to others, rather than just giving a run-down of the facts like many other podcasts do.

Tides of History is also very cool. Pretty similar vibe, although the host's interest in covering anything and everything makes me worry he might often overextend himself and venture into topics that he doesn't really understand.

Askhistorians podcast is boring, but because it's a collection of interviews with professionals there's no better outlet for accurate and nuanced historical material. Their 20th century episodes are especially good.

History of China is so fucking sterile. It's a 200 hour info dump, and if you don't already have a good overview of Chinese history it will just pass over your head.

The host (just an expat English teacher who' read a lot of books) is basically unable to explain which events are particularly important in shaping China, and isn't interested in describing what Chinese society looked like during various periods.

>Age of Napoleon

My nigga, the War Nerd podcast is pretty good. Martyrmade podcast too but he only does eps even few months

Doesn't he have a political podcast about centrism?

War Nerd is incredible. I've never thought of it as a history pod before but it's definitely the best audio source for post WW2 history.

>((((conservative))))

Modern conservatives are not right wing in any way, shape, or form. They just meekly want to keep the current status quo, trying to convince themselves that is as far as the left will go each time it rolls out a new abomination.

Revolutions is pretty cool if you're into that sort of thing.

>y'know this guy... this guy, in his time in his time, he was like... the equivalent of darth VADER

>Modern conservatives are not right wing in any way, shape, or form.
Their virulent hatred for the poor or any sort of wealth redistribution says otherwise.

this is why I prefer China History podcast over History of China.

Laszlo Montgomery actually has a dynamic style, and never makes things boring. Plus he's actually able to explain why things shaped China as they did.

History of China is so boring. The guy's voice is boring. He pronounces words incorrectly. Not just Chinese words, but English too. Nigga, it's not "ducky" it's "duchy" for fuck's sake.

Yeah turns out your idiocy makes you the cuck. Good thing there are plenty of dumb women you can try to fool into liking you, question is though... are they dumb enough to fall for it?

Hardcore history shouldn't even be on this list

If you want something that's more entertaining than informative, definitely go with "The Dollop". Two stand-ups go over a bunch of niche stories from American history. Be aware, these guys are pretty liberal and don't mind sharing their views.

If you want more or less unbiased facts presented in a rational way, I enjoy "My History Can Beat Up Your Politics"

Best tier.

i always see redditards talking about it so its probably shit

fantastic starter for getting into history as a whole