Most important people in continents' history

I've tried to think of the people who were most influential on each continent. Some were more obvious than others.

>North America
>George Washington (1732-1799)
Representation of the entire generation of brilliant statesmen who created the future superpower. I had to choose just one so I chose the symbol who also decided not to become a dictator like so many other leaders in the Americas.

>South America
>Simon Bolivar (1783-1830)
Leading figure in fight against the Spanish control in South America. Father of several countries.

>Europe
>Carolus Magnus (742-814)
The man who became the greatest European leader since Roman times and defended the realm from Islam.

>Asia
>Genghis Khan (1162-1227)
Created an empire that ruled over many other powerful civilizations but let them thrive uniting his lands through commerce.

>Africa
>Otto von Bismarck (1815-1898)
German chancellor who organised a conference that decided on the course of almost the entire next century of the continent and whose importance is still felt to this day.

>Australia
>James Cook (1728-1779)
The explorer who played vital role in establishing Australia as British property, leading to the dominance of the future colonists in the region.

>Antarctica
>Robert Falcon Scott (1868-1912)
Leader of expeditions who lead the way in scientific exploration of the important region of the continent that gave birth to the most influential polar research institute.

Some of them like Washington and Cook were rather symbolic but seem to personify what I was looking for. I'm not sure about Africa because on one hand it might've been Bismarck because of colonialism but that's not a thing now. My original choice was Amenhotep III. As for Asia I had absolutely no idea. Took the idea from the book "Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World" It could've been Cyrus the Great, could've been Mohammed or even Mao or Deng Xiaoping. Lastly I decided to give Antarctica some love because it never gets it.

Jesus is more influential for Europe than Charlemagne, Europe got COLONIZE'D just like africa in having somebody not from their continent decide their destiny

Constantine the Great perhaps?

>Carolus Magnus (742-814)
Replace him with Julius Ceasar or Augustus

agreed

What modern nations are derived from the Roman Empire?

the English saw themselves as Rome's new successor
the Franks wanted to have the glory of Rome
the Byzzies were Roman
the Arabs wanted to be the new Romans
the Turks wanted to reclaim what Rome had
the >H >R >E
come on son, all of Europe has been trying to be Rome since it fell

José de San Martín >>>>> Simón Bolívar

>Genghiz Khan
>Mongol Empire
>Important to asia.
The only lasting legacy of the Mongol Empire is a general agreement among Eurasians that they were a horrible people.

Other than that, it built nothing that lasted nor started institutions worth keeping.

Some historians call him one of the most important people in history. I know next to nothing about what was going on in Asia. With so many cultures it's difficult to choose just one.

>Genghis Khan
>Asia/Eurasia
Nope

That's because Asia isn't a fucking monolith.

Not even "meme Europe" is.

daily remainder that the Mythgolian Empire never existed

Imported Asian knowledge to Europe
Left complete, stable and fully administered Empires out of the ashes of divided China, Persia and Russia
Also, the word Hooray

You realize Russia and China aren't fractured princedom/nation-states like Europe because of the Mongols right? They're huge unified country because of Mongolia (Like britian and India)

The most important man from Asia should be either Mohamed or Jesus. I’m leaning towards the former given the importantce Islam has had on the continent while Jesus was mostly western

>Antarctica
Come on, man, at least say shackleton. Scott`s fucked up really big, and he`s only famous because the english will rather make a tragic hero out of him than admit they lost to a norweigan.
I`ll grant you that the Scott expedition was a spectacular failure and therefore, more interesting as a story, compared to Amundsen's journey in which proper precautions were taken and no one died a horrible and senseless death, which is lame,but actually relevant.

You mean Nimrod Expedition? Because that was the most important Shackleton expedition. If you meant Shackleton only because of his trek to South Georgia then it was cool... and that's about it.
But Scott was in charge of the first big expedition that wintered in Antarctica and McMurdo sound became the busiest place on the continent. It still is.

>Scott`s fucked up really big, and he`s only famous because the english will rather make a tragic hero out of him than admit they lost to a norweigan.

Scott was a man of science first. He discovered the dry valleys and took rock samples that confirmed the Gondwana theory. Among other discoveries made by the scientists on his expeditions.

>Scott`s fucked up really big
He's made mistakes just like Amundsen who started too early and nearly died or Shackleton who left his Ross Sea Party with no direction or important supplies. Scott's main mistakes were as follows: not fixing the fuel leakage problem, not going through with his original plans for depots and perhaps not noticing that Evans hurt his hand before he took him with him.
Most of the myths concerning Scott come from Roland Huntford who today only shows up in books next to phrases like "there's been no evidence of this" or "such and such denied this". Susan Solomon confirmed that Scott faced abnormally harsh conditions and he also has the support of Sir Raunlph Fiennes. And there's the whole "dog sledging party" problem and it seems that some of his men made mistakes as well. Small mistakes that led to a big disaster. But everyone in the Antarctic was making them.

The only other candidate is Richard Byrd because from 1920s to 1940s he was the leading man in establishing Antarctica as one big research station. Perhaps he could be considered the most important.

Africa begins at the Rhine

I didn't notice that retarded white bar at the bottom.

>They are all White accept for Asia
Really makes you think.

>Bolivar
>White

He's a Criollo, aka pure Spanish/European colonist.
Queue that picture of the sexy digital facial reconstruction.

>3671709
>Asia
>Genghis Khan (1162-1227)
>Couldn't even take india.

>persia
>divided
The khwarezmian empire ruled most of modern day Iran...

>Antarctica
He was beaten by Amundsen by almost a month and Scott fucked up and died and never completed. Why isnt Amundsen the most importan person of Antarctica? Because Scott is british and Amundsen is more obscure? Amundsen contribution to the scientific community rivals that of Scott.

(OP)
>>Asia
>>Genghis Khan (1162-1227)
Buddha and Confucius are both more influential than him, their legacy are both thrive and continuing till today. Even Mongol empire and Yuan dynasty worshiped and followed their teachings, and Asians still do today.

But Jesus would have been nothing without Rome, so surely the likes of Caesar and Augustus are more important?

Why the fuck would you choose Genghis Khan? He didn't manage to influence India and that's a important part of Asia.

I would personally choose somebody like Muhammad as the most important Asian person in history.

Also there's tons of other people you can choose for Africa barring Bismarck. Egypt and Carthage had their own impacts.

looks like its a wh*te mans world

Charlemagne's great and all but Augustus is the most influential man for Europe

>Africa
>Not Cecil Rhodes

>Europe
>Not Augustus

>south and north america
>not Christoffer Columbus

>Europe
>not jesus or a pope

>Africa
>Not Mungo Park

>Europe
>not Angela Merkel

Weak.

>Charlemagne and not Julius Caesar
>a kraut instead of Nelson Mandela

This is retardly biased and beyond retarded.

this as well,

But i'd say Buddha was more influential in Asia rather than Muhammad.

Also Ramses 2 and Cleopatra come to mind with Egypt. Dido and Hannibal for Carthage.

>But i'd say Buddha was more influential in Asia rather than Muhammad.
Well it's difficult to define, isn't it? You can't really find one "most influential figure" in asia, can you. Asia can sort of be split in to three different spheres, with huge cultural differences; the middle-east and the muslim nations, eastern-asia, and India. Europe, for example, is a bit easier. Yeah, you can sort of split Europe into different spheres as well; Western-Europe and Eastern-Europe, or North-Europe, South-Europe and East-Europe, but it is never the less far more of a collective than Asia.

>Africa
>Not Oumar Tall, Sundjata Keita, Musa Keita, Samory Touré, Askia Mohammed Touré or St Augustine...

but anno Amundsen was a dirty foreigner who stole the rightful victory from our boy Scot

America is only one continent. Fuck off with your retarded murican system.

-every single western european nation
-Greece and the Balkans to some extent
-overwhelming cultural influence on every other European nation including Russia
-Had such an influence that every single ruler of any capacity in the post Roman european world tried to stylise, act or name themselves in a Roman manner up to the XIXth century
-Last Emperor of Europe was crowned by the Pontifex maximus, spread an updated Codex Justinanis to Europe as the Code Civil, used gold eagle standards for his armies and stylised himself as a Roman Emperor in statues and paintings.

I think Charlemagne was just one of the cultural successors amongst many, he just did a very good job and getting the place back in order.

>America is only one continent
And Africa and Europe are two?
Fuck off with your retarded spic system.

>And Africa and Europe are two?
I meant to say Asia, but that applies just as well.

Now that's silly.
Honestly Bismarck is the most sensible choice considering that decolonization lacked a central fogure.

So that makes Amundsen a significant record breaker. Or a very important person for one particular spot in the continent.

>Because Scott is british and Amundsen is more obscure?
Only in the Anglosphere

>Amundsen contribution to the scientific community rivals that of Scott.
No chance in hell. Even if we take just Scott's first expedition into account it was a milestone. The second was even more important.
Not a single discovery or research can be atributed to Amundsen. He didn't care at all. He wanted to plant a flag and nothing more and the North Pole was his original destination. Even by the time he sailed through the Northwest passage everybody knew that it won't be used commercially.

>You realize Russia and China aren't fractured princedom/nation-states like Europe because of the Mongols right?.
>China

Really?
China is unified because of the Mongols?
Not because they have the Mandate of Heaven belief of one ruler over all of them, in addition to an autismal obsession with living under a single unitary state due to the existential nature of such a state to their beliefs of an ordered society?
So that whenever China divides - you know, just like it did before during the Three Kingdoms period, the Northern and Southern Dynasties, and the 10 Kingdoms and 5 Dynasties period- it always tries to get its shit back together?

>come_on_now.jpg

>Another thread died for this

Go back to your commie bait threads.