What was the best decade of the 20th century?

and why?

50's, Elvis

The 90's. There was an air of hope and optimism

Im a sucker for the 70s aesthetic on girls, I just think its fucking hot

Probably this. Maybe the 20's

one for the fags

If you lived in the West, probably the late 90s. Few armed conflicts, crime rates back down almost to 50s levels, most advanced tech of the 20th century (obviously).

1920s/30s
>most elegant cars
>most elegant buildings
>most elegant people, even in midst of great depression

Hitler destroyed Europe and America would never be the same afterward either.

50s, objectively.

>The 90's. There was an air of hope and optimism
If you think the 90's had hope and optimism, the 50s had the entire world at our feet. The hope and optimism was at an all time high and world peace was a vision.

There's a reason people were making babies left and right

The 50s had shit food and America went into a cultural stagnation from which it would never recover as the waste-not-want-not austere culture of the Depression destroyed itself in the wake of me culture, fast food, the highway, and processed treats. Beatniks addled by perfectly legal to buy over the counter meth were popping up by the middle half of the decade and the prelude to the hippy age had already begun by 1956.

Very overrated decade. The economy was booming but so too was America's in the 20s and the 1900s. Morally and culturally, America was already in decay and would continue to decay.

1900's.
It was literally the peak of western civilization since roman times.
Until the WW1 started and the jews fucked everything up.

Le joos

Thank you sir.

Depend where you live
But late 90s was pretty comfy for western europe

1990s
1980s
1950s
1920s
1900s

From 2010 to forever.
I can shitpost on the internet and eat pre made meals on my gaming laptop

Le innocent pursued folk

I was with you until gaming laptop.

>20th century
>2010

>The 90's
>hope and optimism
Yeah because grunge and gen x cynicism wasn't prevalent throughout the decade, right?

Well I don’t want to live in 2000s
I don’t use it. It’s in my room and I eat on it sometimes.

Probably the 90s for sure, at least for the West.
>the 50s had the entire world at our feet. The hope and optimism was at an all time high and world peace was a vision.
nigga what are you smoking? the US had unprecedented economic prosperity but it was coupled with global uncertainty and the atomic hysteria.
the 90s combined a pretty great economy (for western europe too compared to the 50s) and a time when people unironically believed in the end of history meme.

late 1970s

Reliable birth control, abortion legal from 1973 on.
Nearly all STDs easily curable, no AIDS.

Unemployment due to boomers coming of age had only begun. Not quite so severe. Same with climbing housing costs. Still tolerable.

Vietnam war ends in 1975.

No Reagan yet.

20th century is from 1900-1999, that's the point I was making. 2000-present is the 21st century

The 70's always seemed like a really depressing dreary time to me and I can't quite put my finger on why.

Inflation was high, and unemployment was starting to set in, which were big deals at the time compared to the 60s, but it got much worse in later times.

>highest crime
>stagflation
Yeah wonderful

Crime was always exaggerated by "tough on crime" politicians. If you showed reasonable caution and didn't have much worth stealing, it was tolerable.

Severe economic problems, severe political unrest, country just lost a war, homicide is through the fucking roof, disco exists, and it isn't really clear what America stands for, or what her future is.

Economic problems seemed bad at the time, but nothing compared with how wages have stagnated since 1980 while housing costs have gone through the roof. Political unrest was nothing compared to the polarization around Trump. You have a point about disco, but you could ignore it if you wanted to.

Lack of clarity about the future of the US is much worse now.

>disco is bad

One of the largest and most incorrect memes of the last century

But disco is the gateway drug for nihilism

1900s

Wrong

Disco promotes love between man and woman, and community bonding via dance. When disco died you had the rise of degenerate nihilistic music like grunge and gangster rap

After Industrial Revolution, the whole world went to shit. Mankind can't go extinct soon enough.

Also the women in your image look like whores and men with their dolichocephalic heads and height.

1990s.

Apogee of the West and America.

1919-1929
it was an era of basically unstoppable economic development and great optimism
the 1950's wouldn't be my pick just because that was pretty much exclusively in the US, latin america was getting fucked, europe was either under recent commie rule or trying to recover from being razed to the ground, africa was africa, and pretty much all of asia was still getting over how fucking inhumane the japanese are

Not so much in eastern Europe, dog

looks like my dad

This, so much this.

The 1950's. And then, the 60's happened.
The late 60's and early 70's were the worst era in terms of consequences. The rise of mindless hedonism and free love degeneracy.

The 30's were an awful era. Great Depression, WWII, authoritarianism everywhere.

WW1 destroyed the old Europe. From that point on everything was futurist and modernist. WW2 just expanded upon it.

Obviously between the wall coming down and 9/11 was the most prosperous and peaceful time.

>50s, objectively.
50s, for whites*